1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Froch stoppage

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by swooperman, Nov 24, 2013.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Anyone watch it? I had him in the 9th & by tko so obviously I'm happy but theres a lot of upset at the decision.
    I've watched it a few times since & to my mind the studio, after being up in arms to start with, were trying to backtrack afterwards.
    The kid fought a good fight, but was obviously blowing himself out & to my mind, despite trailing on points, Froch was the only winner at that point. The kid boxes low & turns his back very early, & you can't throw bombs then turn away to avoid punishment & expect sympathy imo.
    When the ref stopped it the kid was slumped for 2 seconds & only started protesting when he got to to the ropes, was it because he didn't realise. 17 uncontested punches ffs! Count em
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

Probably the correct decision , but Froch came across as a complete cnut after the fight.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

I didn't see the fight but I did catch Groves on SSN earlier. Looks like there could be a rematch.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I watched the fight and my first thoughts were 'Bent', the bro in law said 'Money; Rematch'.
    Groves was still fighting and deserved better, the ref was hovering like a fly round shit for any reason to stop Groves in his tracks; finally doing it with a headlock because Froch had the audacity to launch an attack which Groves had done similar plenty of times earlier.

Groves did look tired but after putting in such a valiant effort he deserved better than that, Froch may well have gone onto to win but after the effort Groves put in the ref had no right to stop the fight at that point in time, Groves may have been fatigued but he was still fighting back with his facilities about him.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

That say's facilities doesn't it lol, but you know what I mean.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Faculties, ffs I had to ask the daughter how to spell it.
    Punter likes this.