1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 14, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I'm sure we used to have one on Betnod:thinking
    Maybe it was on TDP and I'm getting confused.

Anyhow I'm finally getting stuck into assassins revelations, not bad considering I got it bought for me as a birthday present last November:lol
    It took a while to get into the game as I had forgotten what all the buttons did after playing previous versions of the game but I'm back upto speed now and what a great game it is.

I've also got Skyrim to have a go at as the daughter has just finished it (well had enough of it) after about 8 months continuous play and I'm itching to have a go at that as I thought Oblivion and Fallout 3 were two of the best games ever made.

Only thing is they become bloody addictive and hard to put down.
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

Aint had a console for a year now , toying with getting one , X Box or PS ?
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

This is about the 5th gaming thread you've started on here, Slick :duh I think there's only me and you ever bother to add anything to them.

I've got literally hundreds and hundreds of games on Xbox360 which I've never got round to playing, just don't have the time nowadays, which is a shame as there are some corkers out there.

I did achieve the rare feat (for me) of completing a game a while back, Enslaved, quite enjoyed it (action/climbing/fighting story-driven 3rd person game) but it took me months to get to the end as I really only get to play from 11pm onwards.

I tend to prefer the smaller XBLA games which are more pick-up-and-play score/time attack games, there are some crackers out there (Trials HD, Geometry Wars 2, Pacman DX) which I've spent way too much time on. I'm currently ranked 5th in the world on Pacman DX - yes I know I mention it on every gaming thread but I really am fucking great at it :thumb

I'm currently part-way through platformers Fez and Outland, and also have got so far through Sniper Elite, which is great fun.

Games like Skyrim are great but just take far too long to get going, no point me even starting them.
  4. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

Well I have a real cracker for y'all to try (PC). Tribes: Ascend is absolutely glorious, intense, fast, furious, fun. AND ITS FREE!!! Here's a wee IGN (hwaaach-ptooo!) review:

I'm managing to compete without having to buy any upgrades or shit. It's great, honest. Anyone want to try it? I could give you a referral link which would get me a wee bit of XP I think it is :eek:
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

Do you really want to take me on, Mickey? Remember Trackmania? Huh? Crying little a little girl? Hmmm?

Aye :lol
  6. MickeyPaul

Trackmania was great but I do remember thinking I had set a great time then you showed up and took 10 seconds off it. :( Tribes is very team orientated though and even when I'm doing pretty bad it's still a lot of fun. Sucking ass for once isn't all that frustrating. You can just run around fixing turrets and the generator, dropping ammo or looking for skirmishes and helping out your team mates as they take on fully upgraded bullies.

Planetside 2 looks potentially immense too while I'm here (another free one). Giant maps with up to 2,000 players AT ONCE battling to control territory and things:

7. MickeyPaul

8. slick

slick Administrator

I'm shite at racing games as my Trackmania and Colin Mcrae history will tell you, well i thought I was allright until Mickey came along and he thought he was allright until Seen came along:lol

I'm much more the easy going RPG sort of chap these days, talking of which no sooner had I mentioned Assasins creed last night I had to have a quick go b4 bed, about a fcuking hr was spent watching the final cut scenes and credits, what a load of bollox and waste of time considering there was no button to press to skip them. And I had to watch the whole palava just in case something happened and I had to be at the ready.
  9. MickeyPaul

You not like a bit of Portal 2 Slick? I loved that (especially in co-op) although it was slightly too easy. Having said that there are some fucking hardcore mind bending, user created maps available.

edit: I truly fucking despise "games" that are 90% god damned fucking cut scenes and "yadda yadda" bollocking chit chat shite. I WANNA HAVE FUN. Whooah oh, Mickey's, just wanna have fu-hun.
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Im addicted to Trials Revolution on xbox. You csn download it for about 7 or 8 quid and i love it.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

*Evolution, Kegs

Agree - a fantastic game and maddeningly addictive. What's your gamertag?
  12. MickeyPaul

Does no one game on PC these days? There are some fantastic Indie titles on Steam and crazy deals every day (for a couple of quid) and mods galore. Brilliant, magical, creative genius, mods.
  13. MickeyPaul

I asked my Norwegian friend who I've quite recently got into gaming to give Tribes: Ascend a wee go and record it for my entertainment. This is the result (mostly speeded up to fit within 15 mins which has made it hilarious to me)

Her dedication to fixing shit in the base is so cute as is her hands clapping when she sees her final score.
  14. MickeyPaul

It has commentary! Honest! It's great!
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sorry Mickey, but after your Trackmania debacle I cannot take you seriously.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Ehhm, If I didn't know different I'd say Mickey is acting like a love sick child:inlove

Just remember what happened to PR.
  17. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

be great if you all met up, one hairy arsed fat mackem and 4 jap schoolgirls, on second thoughts that should NEVER happen.

I gave up gaming for hard drinking ages ago but somehow I've gained a few pounds so am off the ale. Can ANYONE recommend a good fuk easy WII game to while away an hour or 2 ? Or a lowish spec laptop type game?
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

:naughty

Wii? You are either a girl or a gayer :lol
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

20. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

:unsure strange , that link just send me to a Martin O'Neil fan page
skybet.com