1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yeah, HDMI out, which is another plus point.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

Got this a couple of weeks ago and all set up and put away for Xmas. Would recommend it to anyone who enjoys playing retro games on a pick-up-and-play basis, it's excellent.
  3. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

Merry X day chums! Are there no PC gamers around anymore :( I was gonna say, we bought The Elder Scrolls Online a few weeks ago for £8 and although people kept saying it's not really like Skyrim... it's fucking EXACTLY like Skyrim from what I recall. It's on sale the noo: Steam (£9.99) and I honestly think if you liked Skyrim, it's a bargain.

I can't really see what's so different as yet. It's wall to wall quests and content and levelling up stuff and choosing skills and crafts etc. Really good fun (I avoid all the grinding stuff and leave that to Teezo).

Here's The Teezo and me (I?) scooting aboot Tamriel having fantastical adventures!

4. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

I don't know if bridge counts but I have made a few friends online. Maybe the internet age is not so bad after all.
  5. MickeyPaul

Lots of bridges in Tamriel Steve! Right up your street I'd say. There's always a bridge TROLL to pay though. Hahaha. Classic stuff, as always.
  6. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Thanks MickeyPaul. I might take them up when I take early retirement.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Played Skyrim of the PS3, not bad but like you say just the same as oblivion, whereas Fallout 4 has loads of different aspects compared to Fallout 3, I'm only mentioning that because they are made by the same company and Fallout is just a futuristic version of oblivion with basically the same controls.

I'm playing 'Dying Light' at the moment, tricky in parts but a great game nevertheless, I still ain't got the bottle to come out at night yet but I'm getting there.
  8. MickeyPaul

lol We played Dying Light to death, Slick. I'm sure I said a few pages ago: it's essentially Far Cry 3 with zombies innit? I cannae believe it's not made by the same people. You got to that bit with the fucking pipes yet? Pro gamer shit required due to the fact the controls aren't consistent. Sometimes you have to press "space" - sometimes you don't and of course "space" also makes you jump off of shit... hence THIS:

9. slick

slick Administrator

Not done the pipes yet lol, well not those that are on that wee clip you posted, done the pipe bit with the gas valves though which was a bit tricky.
    It's a tough game and I'm not so sure if I'll see the end of it because my weapons are crap, managed to get a rifle but no fcuking bullets and nobody seems to sell any and trying to get into a police van for some is suicidal because hundreds of zombies are usually camped around them.
    I'm also a shithouse because I haven't ventured out during the night yet, the sounds alone put me off lol.
  10. MickeyPaul

lol We were like that for ages. Forget about guns until you're up against humans with guns. It's all about big smacky thwacky things. Katanas etc. Running about at night is ok once you have flares and your wee UV torch and sprint potions. Just run and jump and climb. It's ok... shhhh....
  11. MickeyPaul

Elder Scrolls Online..... we realised (Teezo and I) we can't do dungeons on our own. Obliterated within seconds. So we called upon our wee pal Greenie.. and we all got drunk and did a dungeon together :( I wasn't just drunk, for the record. I'd not slept in years. I was so tired but they MADE me play. Greenie almost choking to death while laughing is always fun:

Haha. I'm not obnoxious at all. Hahaha :(
  12. slick

slick Administrator

I wasted money on elder scrolls online, played it once , wasn't what I expected and never played it again, the lad swore by it so I kept it thinking I'll give it another go and team up with him one day but I never did, I should have sold the cnut when it was worth something lol.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Just been given the new Resident Evil biohazard game, supposed to be more like the RE of old, we'll see.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Soon got bored with Biohazard although it's not a bad game, nothing like RE4 mind which some people say it is.

I'm back onto Dying light, it's superb and never seems to end.
    Managed to do the pipes Mickey at long last, funny because once you crack them once you can do them over and over without so much as a slip, it's all in the mind.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

I Bought a PSVR last week in the Amazon prime sale for just over £200 quid and it's awesome, in fact it's mind blowing.
    I've not played any games with it yet because I'm just trying to get to grips with it via various demos but it has to be the future of gaming.

I've mentioned VR before from when I first tried out an Oculus rift at work a couple of yrs back but now it's within reach of the average gamer I'd expect the price to plummet.

You're no longer playing a game but within the game, horrors like RE7 are terrifying, the wife and sister in law couldn't get passed the opening credits it's that real, whilst driving games are just like being on the track, of all the games they're the only ones I seem to have trouble with because Driveclub did give me a feeling of motion sickness, it did get better though the longer I played it.
    I've never been into steering wheels and pedals etc but I can see them becoming popular with VR because you really are behind the wheel.

Like 3D TV I don't think it will be a passing fad because this takes gaming to a whole new level, makes you wonder if the life we're living is in fact some sort of VR game because If this is first generation god knows what future generations of VR will be like.

If you get the chance try it, you won't be disappointed.
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'd love to try it mate, I agree it's the next step of progress in gaming, but I get motion sickness really bad just playing normal games where there is a moving camera (the likes of Tomb Raider and the Uncharted series, and The Witness was the worst, felt really ill after just 20 mins every time I played it) so I can't see how I'd be able to cope with the VR.

If I could try it out and found it okay then I might well get it but I reckon I'd be wasting my money. Shame really :frown
  17. slick

slick Administrator

It's still mind blowing even though these are first generation games.
    The flying games are really stomach churning, I've been playing Wayward Skies where you're in a futuristic space shuttle, where the cockpit is glass so you can see all around you. sort of battle game.

When you plunge downwards the feeling is so real I have to shut my eyes lol.
    Punter likes this.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Anybody heard anything negative about Rasberry Pi? A mate of mine is trying to convince me to get one for the old mega drive games
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Used to use them for Kodi.
    There ok but a bit fiddly to set up plus you'll have to buy extras like controller, keyboard, mouse etc.

I should imagine it'll work out cheaper just buying a megadrive emulator no?
  20. slick

slick Administrator