1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Goalline technology

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Colbro, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

"
    Every 40 years?

He obviously doesn't watch much football.

Wanker
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Fcuk me, Hills are even running a book on it...
    I'll go for Liverpool because they seem to hit the woodwork a lot and like to badger the ref.

First Team To Benefit From Hawk-Eye
    5.50 Any promoted team
    11.00 Man City
    11.00 Man Utd
    13.00 Chelsea
    13.00 Liverpool
    15.00 Arsenal
    15.00 Everton
    15.00 Tottenham
    17.00 Swansea
    19.00 Fulham
    19.00 Southampton
    21.00 West Brom
    21.00 West Ham
    26.00 Aston Villa
    26.00 Newcastle
    26.00 Norwich
    26.00 Stoke
    26.00 Sunderland
    34.00 Wigan
    101.00 QPR
    101.00 Reading

FIRST TEAM TO BE AWARDED A GOAL AS A DIRECT OVERRULING OF ON PITCH REFEREE BY HAWKEYE. PREMIER LEAGUE 2013/14 SEASON. ALL IN RUN OR NOT.
  4. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

5. slick

slick Administrator

Wouldn't make any difference unless the ref makes the call but most of the time he's out of position to see an offside anyhow.
    I won't begrudge United 3 offsides anyhow as the title was won long ago and they deserve it, just a pity it was wrapped up with so many games to go because it's took the shine off the rest of the season.

As for using technology for offsides I don't know, you win some you lose some and it probably balances itself out over the course of a season.
  6. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

We were outclassed tonight. I wouldn't disagree.

I was just putting this up for discussion as you can be sure this will be the next argument

All three goals were offside though
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Soz Colbro, I hadn't thought about it from a Villa perspective, that point could end up being crucial.

I didn't watch the whole match, saw the first goal which was clearly offside when the ball was first put through and laughed thinking to myself thank fcuk the title race is all but over, had it been a closer run race I'd have been pissed off.
    I then had to go out and when I returned watched the last 10 mins, switching over when the final whistle blew because I didn't want to see camel gob acting like a tit like he usually does.

Imo even if the technology was there, would the ref have big enough balls to call for it 3 times in a match like tonight's, I doubt it.