1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Grand National 2013

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by slick, Apr 6, 2013.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Not even had time to have a look at the runners yet but will have picked a couple out by the morning. no need for any analysis if you so wish, your picks will do just fine.

Aintree 4.15

Seabass 10.00

On His Own 11.00

Colbert Station 13.00

Cappa Bleu 13.00

Chicago Grey 13.00

Teaforthree 15.00

Imperial Commander 17.00

Sunnyhillboy 19.00

Balthazar King 19.00

Rare Bob 19.00

Ballabriggs 21.00

Join Together 21.00

Roberto Goldback 23.00

Soll 26.00

Always Waining 29.00

Quiscover Fontaine 29.00

Big Fella Thanks 34.00

Across The Bay 34.00

Treacle 34.00

Lost Glory 34.00

Saint Are 34.00

Harry The Viking 34.00

Quel Esprit 51.00

Joncol 51.00

Becauseicouldntsee 51.00

Auroras Encore 51.00

What A Friend 67.00

Weird Al 67.00

Forpadydeplasterer 67.00

Oscar Time 67.00

Tatenen 67.00

Swing Bill 67.00

The Rainbow Hunter 67.00

Mr Moonshine 67.00

Ninetieth Minute 67.00

Tarquinius 9 67.00

Any Currency 67.00

Major Malarkey 67.00

Mumbles Head 101.00

Viking Blond 101.00

Odds William Hill
  2. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Balthazar King and Always Waining for me
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I think Imperial commander is is worth a small punt but looking at his age, weight and recent record plus Injurys then maybe not, but if he run's to form then he's definitely in with a chance of an e/w slot.

Seabass ticks all my boxes but there's a woman on board, I'm not being sexist or anything but I'm not one for betting against the stats.

I'm going to have a dabble on Sunnyhillboy who put in a good run last year when just nipped to the line by Neptune Collonges, he's at the right age now although carrying more weight, I suppose it also say's something when Mcoy doesn't want to ride him but he has the experience and I'm hoping he'll give me a good run for my money.

I'm also going for Colbert Station, it's like having Seabass (same trainer et all) but with a bloke on board, well not just a bloke but champion jockey Mcoy which will do me, I'm just hoping by the end of the race he wishes he would have mounted Sunnyhillboy so to speak.
  4. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

Ive not even looked at the runners but i read that Creosote has a good chance. Apparently he's good on the fences.

Another one with chances is 'Tescos'. It should make mince meat of the other horses.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Pointless studying for a lottery like this but I certainly wouldn't let the jockey put me off if I was thinking of backing Sea Bass Slick. She's great.

No thinking for me - just the four green and gold runners for me
  6. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Chicago Grey

Each Way @ 12-1 [Bet Victor..who pay 123456] BOG
  7. traeth

traeth Moderator

my selections with my "reasoning"

Cappa Bleu...Welsh trained, my patriotic bet
    Soll..been there on holiday few years ago
    Roberto Goldback... Geraghty / Henderson combination
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Seabass & Rarebob for me. i say seabass, me moms backed that so its not really me :embarassed
  9. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I've got a feeling for Teaforthree as well :unsure but I might be swayed in fancying rebecca Curtis....
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just on bet365 site at the moment and it's creaking. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go down in the next ten mins
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'm same, & Betvictors been a no-show for last 2 hours
  12. winrew

winrew GILF

13. winrew

winrew GILF

Gone for On His Own and Cappa Bleu.
    The wife and two of the grandkids have gone for Teafofthree , Harry The Viking and Oscar Time
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Just a thought, but how much do we think Katie Walsh being onboard has shortened Seabass? Has to be an artificial price surely?
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The prices at the top of the market were ridiculously short and that's because bookies know that half the adult population of the country are going to have a punt regardless of what numbers they put alongside the horses names.

Saying that, you're right Swoops, the favourite went off at 11/2 and you have to think that a lot of that is because the only woman in the field was on board and part of it would be the Irish punters following an Irish trained horse.

It's not just the once a year punters either, I was watching the betfair in running market and Tea for Three was trading at just over 2/1 with about ten fences to go. Absolutely stupid. I fell out of love with the grand national last year when I had a decent bet on the horse that led all the way from the last fence and got beaten by a nostril. Now normally that would be a good thing because I would have laid off for a profit win or lose, except for the fact that I was sitting in a cold football stadium watching two shit teams and watching in running prices on a dodgy internet connection.

Bottom line = I couldn't lay off and didn't make the profit that I should have made. Consequently, I didn't even look at the form etc yesterday and just chucked a few quid on the McManus runners so I didn't even have to remember any more than one set of colours.

It's a lottery.

Just as a footnote. Victor chandler were the only one paying out on sixth place yesterday (was available at 100/1 at one stage) but the downside is that they didn't settle the bets until three hours after the race.
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Victor was down for hours. I tried to open a new account at 10am as my mom wanted to back Seabass & I could smell a free bet coming but it wasnt opened until 15 minutes before the race by which time I'd put it on elsewhere
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Ironic or what? You offer to pay out an extra place so that you can take more money from more punters and the extra demand crashed your website and prevents people from putting their bets on with you:lol
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I find it amazing that so many bookies sites struggled to cope with the demand tbh. I mean its hardly unexpected
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator