1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Horse Racing Bets 9th April 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by SAMOAN, Apr 9, 2022.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

10.40 Turffontein - TRIED AND TRUE - Has improved on all 3 starts to date and can improve again at 10's

11.20 Nantes - MAN AGAIN - Nicely bred newcomer at 6's.

12.55 Thirsk - KING'S CROWN - Another newcomer, this time at 8's.

2.12 Turffontein - DAWN OF A NEW ERA - Too many recent 2nd's for my liking, but keeps running well at 3's.

2.40 Thirsk - SYMBOLIZE - Holds some smart form and goes well fresh, so every chance today at 3's.

4.30 Thirsk - MANASLU - Slowly away / green on last year's debut and did well to get within 4 Lengths. Ought to be capable of better at 7's.

6.05 Lyon - SCHWANENSEE - Drop in trip should prove ideal at 12's.

6.20 Aintree - WESTERN ZEPHYR - Eye catching point win, was followed by success in a Huntingdon Bumper. Two of the placed horses from that contest have won since, so certainly interesting at 20's
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Thirsk today. I'm very annoyed that I didn't post last night because too many of my selections are shortening in the market which would normally be a good sign but only if it happens after I've posted them.

130 Spice Store Second time in a handicap with Joanna Mason taking three off. Finished fourth, 2 lengths behind behind Le Reveur who would have won on Monday but for veering violently to its left at the finish on Monday. Drops down in trip. Currently 28/1 and drifting but available at 39/1 (minus commision) for the win and around 5/1 for 4 places on the exchanges. 2 points staked (1 win, 1 place)

Deputy. A horse that I put in my tracker after its debut in 2020. Has won twice but is of interest today on first run for new stable. I backed it last night at 11/2 but in order to prevent any issues around after-timing, I'll leave it out of today's calculations as it's now a stupid price.

205 Kraken Power. 2nd run for a new yard and showed little last time out but on its lowest mark ever and had a creditable 3rd at this track 12lb higher around this time last year. Would like to have maybe seen some headgear tried in an effort to spark it back into life but the move from 16/1 last night to 10/1 this morning is encouraging at least. 2pt ew

Le Cheval Rapide (wind surgery) 1pt ew 25/1 4 places

240 James Horton is definitely a trainer to keep an eye on and he runs Rhythm Master in this race. 2pt win 5/1 and 3pts for a place (2 places) to win 4.5 pts

315 Three in this race on handicap debut and one for a new yard. Bicep is the latter and little to recommend it in truth. Even it's 3rd last time out was uninspiring, having the run of the race and with a better jockey that today's. Price drifting and only an idiot would back it. 1pt ew 28/1 4 places . Of the first time handicappers, I'll go with Edward Cornelius 1pt ew 8/1 4 places as the first time hood seemed to have some benefit last time and is retained.

350 I'm a big fan of Jack Mitchell and his mount Juan de Montalban has its first run for a new trainer today. I'm glad to see that it's drifting because I stand in danger of being accused of following the blue on oddschecker today. 2pt win 13/2.

430 is a novice race with an odds on fav so not one for me today but the 500 is as open as they come and well worth picking out two or three arrows to throw at the board.

Hot Scoop's first run for a new trainer and an impressive claimer on board. 1pt ew 12/1 6 places
    Western Melody first time handicap 1pt ew 11/1 and 5 places
    Fircombe Hall has worn cheekpieces on all of his last three decent turf runs and they are back on again today. Does that mean it's trying? Fuck knows. It also wore them in a pretty shit display on the AW 2 runs ago. Am I clutching at straws? Quite likely. I do like the jockey though and any of these donkeys could win so I'll bung 1pt ew on at 16/1 5 places. Another one drifting in the market.

I would have been more confident of a profit had I been able to include Deputy in my selections but we'll just have to see how they go.

Good luck for anyone having a bet. My selection for the National has been taken out (Phoenix Way 33/1) but for an interest I'm going to have small stakes on Mighty Thunder, Lostintranslation and Any Second Now.