1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Horse Racing Bets Sunday 31st December 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Punter, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

It’s of no surprise to see EATON HILL out again so soon. Kerry Lee only takes her best down to Ascot and he went off 2nd fav in a good race down there 9 days ago. Unsteerable that day but a better jockey on board today so I’m taking a chance there will no similar problem at Uttoxeter later.

The Heavy going should favour her other two runners there too, so I’ll be on both of those also.

I’ve been saving all my small return slips from a local Ladbrokes shop so I’ll be on all 3 at SP but these are the best prices at present..

12.50 SIR WILL @ 17/2 BET365

1.55 EATON HILL @ 3/1 BET365

2.25 TOWN PARKS @ 11/2 PADDY POWER
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Good Luck Punt. Will look at the domestic cards later, but gonna have a dabble first over in South Africa -

10.35 Greyville - KIRAV'S TUNE - Not completely unfancied on debut, but too green to do himself justice. That was a rare race over the 4f and immediately upped in trip to the 5. Should strip fitter today and hopefully the experience will stand him in good stead and this well bred sort can show a bit more at 28's.
    Punter likes this.
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

11.45 Greyville - GINA MIA - Should improve for debut run and bred to be OK. Good young claimer booked and worth a small EW at the current odds of 80/1.

12.50 Greyville - TRILLION STARS - The raced ones don't set a great standard, so going with this newcomer at 12's.

1.25 Greyville - GOA - Shade to find at the weights, but running well and lightly raced, so the 11's looks fair.

1.55 Greyville - AWESOMENESS - Career record reads 2 from 6 and not run a bad race yet. Up in class to a grade 3 today and do feel she is up to this class and therefore 16's looks big.

2.25 Greyville - SCOTCH BRIAR - Showed signs of a return to form with a decent effort last time this c & d and surprisingly docked a further two pounds off his rating for it. Certainly weighted to go very close at 14's
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

2.15 Lingfield - BERNIE'S BOY @ 9/2

2.40 Punchestown - BRAVE OUT @ 12's

3.00 Uttoxeter - MOZO @ 4's

3.45 Punchestown - SHANTOU BOB @ 20's
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Two winners at 6/1 & 7/1

It looked as though EATON HILL didn't appreciate the going but was at least steerable on the left handed track. I'll be on this one again when the going is better than soft.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

With you on MOZO, Samoan. Also on two in the 3.10 CHANDOS BELLE @ 8/1 & SAMSONS REACH @ 8/1
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

SAMSONS REACH a winner @ 8/1

singles and an e.w combo double in the last two races..

OSCARS LITTLE ROSE @ 16/1
    STRAWBERRY SPIRIT @ 12/1

SPENVIA @ 281
    BARELY HILL @ 5/2
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Cracking Stuff Punt, saved me from a losing day. Did pop back in during the afternoon, but sadly missed SAMSON'S REACH .

Pretty poor form me with SA a particular disappointment. Nothing much elsewhere either, though to be fair bad luck did play a part. BERNIE'S BOY lost 10 lengths at the start, MOZO was 2nd ( well beaten ) BRAVE OUT came to win his race, but ended up comfortably beaten in 2nd and SHANTOU BOB was an inevitable 4th.
    Punter likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one Samoan. A cracking day for me. As it happens i've only got 4 horses in my tracker and had a notification tonight...

Can not believe the price of this mule, the outsider of 5

Cheltenham 1.25

I've been pissing about with £3 and £6 bets at best for the most of the year and i wanted this for a Cheltenham festival bet but it's here now. All the form lines (Tintern Theatre a few days ago, Town Parks yesterday), this thing has got a stride like Frankel, only over sticks, if it jumps (big if) it has every chance.

My complete January bank, one pissed up NYD bet....

Capture.PNG
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Thats fucking unlucky punt
    Punter likes this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Heartbeat went up a notch as they were racing up the hill, that's for sure Kegs.

It wasn't to be but I had to go for it, never a 14/1 chance and just a neck in it in the end.