1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Horse Racing Tips Saturday 22nd October

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by beamer, Oct 22, 2011.

1. beamer

beamer Moderator

Doncaster 2.00 Singeur 2 pts e/w (Hills/ PP/Lads)

Instantly attracted to Marine Commando, but the market already cramped his price and I'm prepared to let him win unbacked at the price.

Excel Bolt is betting problem for me; if he ran in a five runner conditions race I wouldn't give it a second glance, but bringing a 3yo with problems back into a big field h/cap off top weight is either genius or madness. The 33/1 could go either way during the course of the morning and the trainer has decent yardsticks at home. It might be worth getting hold of a Racing post to see if there are any comments.

Dreamacha is the other "niggler", although slightly easier to pass by, being 14/1 best.

Up from 53 to 90 in just over a year, the 12lb rise since her last run on home soil is probably harsh. However, it's her run in Germany that's tough to figure out, finishing a close 5th in a listed race.
    The time of that race was 54.3, so I'm assuming the track is a faster track than Epsom, but with knowledge of the track, she is tough to assess.

Singeur became a relatively easy pick when I tried to figure what his trip was.

6f: 0,4,2,2,7,3,0,0,0,0,0,5,0,0,0,2,9. 0% Win/ 18% Place.

5f: 2,1,1,1,1,1,4,4,4,3,1,1,2,3. 46% Win/ 69% Place

I am being over simplistic with those stats, as they are slightly misleading when they include results as a 2yo, but the fact remains he's mainly been campaigned over 6f this season until his last run.

That Catterick run is quite tough to work out, where he split Favourite Girl and Cocktail Charlie, when finishing 3rd behind Verinco. They split into two groups, with Singeur winning his race stands side and I think he has the beating of CC again. My view on Fav Girl is the slower ground and possibly the draw helped her that day, but the draw situation is reversed today plus a 1lb pull.

Although he's never won in blinkers, he ran very well with them 2nd time on last season when 4th in big h/cap at York, off 98. Comes into this race 3lb lower.

He appears to go on most ground, so no excuses on that part, but surprisingly there does not seem to be that many pace horses in the field, which is a worry, as a strong 5f would be ideal. That problem also applies to many others in the field to make it an issue.

All comments appreciated

Cheers beamer

2. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Good Luck

1.30 Doncaster-Royal Swain 1pt e/w @ 14-1 [Bet365] BOG