1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

How high can you go.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Nov 12, 2016.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Just making a curry base sauce for the first time in a long while and decided to add some chillies.
    I bought them from Asdas yesterday, they had none of the usual birds eye chillies left so I bought a packet of Baraks whatever they are, never seen them before but they look the same.

Thought I'd try a wee sliced sliver before putting them into the curry to give me a rough idea of how many I need to add, fcuk me I've done nothing but suck on ice cubes for the last hour or so.

I can take the hottest of currys usually but I've decided to bin these bastards before I end up with an arseole like mount Etna.

Funnily enough I've just looked up the heat value on the Scoville scale and it states Baraks as 50,000 and Birds eyes as 100,000, either thats bollocks or Asdas have fcuked up somewhere because I can eat a full birds eye without a problem.
    I even put on some marigolds to bin the cnuts I was so wary of them.

How high could you go up the Scoville scale?
    By my reckoning it's 50,000 and me done, anything above that then it's torture.

The Scoville Heat Scale
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I suspect I'm nowhere near as hardcore as you Slick but I've never heard of half of that stuff, so I have no idea where I'd be on the scale.

The only thing I can offer by way of a benchmark is something I bought from one of the cheap shops (Home Bargains or B and M Bargains - not sure if they are both national stores). It was called "Indian Essence Madras sauce" and it's in one of those foil bags. It is right on the border of what I can eat and actually enjoy. Any hotter, I'm sure I could get it down my neck but it would be a task rather than a pleasant meal and I can't see the point in that.
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I like a hottish curry and love some of the hot pepper sauces. Tried some chilli chocolate last year. The piece i tried was about the size of a quarter of your pinkie finger nail. It had 5% extract from a carolina reaper chilli - fuck me was this hot. I lasted 2 mins before having to buy a pint of milk to numb it and even then it lasted for about an hour.
    slick likes this.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Been there Keggers:lol. People seem to target you if they know you like your curries and some of those chocolates range from "what the fuck have you even bothered giving me this for?" to "WHAT THE FUCK!"
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Can't say I've ever bought anything in a foil bag that I thought to be hot, Chilli powder can be quite hot but I find that the fresh chillies are the killers.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

This was like me the other night...

7. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Lol - bet they wouldn't do that again.

One hot curry i made run straight through me. My arse was like a Japanese flag for days ! Real 'hot' fucking ring sting - had to get some cooling gel pile cream.