1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2013/14 - Free Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by Punter, Jul 31, 2013.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Fcuked up completely this week by being greedy looking for a x3 on the banker bonus, like a daft cnut went for a United home win when in the back of my mind I fancied a draw albeit Spurs winning in the end.

Luckily for me I managed to get a few correct scores in which has kept me on the shirt tails of the leaders so all is not lost, still a long way to go mind and in this comp things can change pretty rapidly.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

You're going well, Slick.

I need to start digging deep, this 2nd half of the season. I need to get in the 'zone'

*cracks knuckles*
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Bloody hell, what got into everyone this week? Only 6 of the top 25 didn't make treble figures, 13 scores of 150+ and 4 scores over 200 :eek
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Tell me about it RC! I hit 110 and still dropped 4 places!

[​IMG]
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I know, I nicked your place in the top 10 :naughty I've got Slick and Newman in my sights now.
    Punter likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

This wasn't supposed to happen :cold

I'm targeting that Europa league spot now :hissyfit
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Give it another week and I reckon you'll be getting your revenge in the fantasy football :help
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

I was hoping you'd forgot about that competition. Have you got Suarez as captain yet?
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No, not forgotten, but I just seem to have lost momentum after not bringing Suarez in until it was too late, plus having to reorganise my team to be able to get him. I've had him as captain once or twice, I think, I change it from game to game depending on who I think's got the best chance of scoring big. Sometimes it works, like last week when I had Walcott as captain, and he was my highest scorer, other times it doesn't, like this week when I had Adebayor.

I'll be happy not to finish bottom of the ones who are still trying (think everyone outside the top 9 or 10 has given up or forgotten about it) at this rate. You and Kegman will overtake me soon, and the only reason Samoan is so far behind is because I think he joined a few weeks into the season.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

The January wildcard is available now RC, as many transfers as you like in a week, with no points deductions. Closes on 1st Feb. I'll probably hang on until the last week, just in case Liverpool sign Messi and Ronaldo etc
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I know, I've already used it :embarassed
  12. traeth

traeth Moderator

I've been on my hols so missed my entry and ended up scoring 140 :p

I'm still 19th

I havn't had a look at my fantasy team for months , I started poorly and lost interest
    Punter likes this.
  13. newman200

newman200 OTC

Am I worried? No way, I'm on the up.
    However Slick could be very concerned, his team are dive bombing.
  14. newman200

newman200 OTC

And what is more amazing is that the IKTS top player this week only managed 285 pts.
    Four of our players managed 200 points or more. :dance
    Are we good or are we good? :thumb
    Punter likes this.
  15. newman200

newman200 OTC

GAMEWEEK 18

First time this season that the premiership results seem to have gone to form, with plenty of more than decent scores for most in the Malvern Prem. In actual fact our mini-league continues its upwards surge in the IKTS League of League Championship and are 83rd this week [We were 119th a month ago and 185th two months ago]

Although The Old TomCat failed to record the highest score in this mini-league it is the first time that their manager has placed a bonus chip on a perfect score and the first time his score is in the 200’s. In actual fact this week is his highest position in the IKTS national listings although not in Malvern Prem. He is pleased though to be back in the top ten.

He is now chasing Stuart Fletcher to be the top English player.

Jodie Gardiner remains in top spot for the umpteenth week and looking good for the championship.

And how are the few named players doing compared to The Old TomCats?

Well all of them have fewer points than him. :)

Slick, after a good run, is dropping fast although he is within a shout of overtaking the TomCats given a good set of scores.

Kop66 is just outside top ten in 14th. Over the months he has made gentle progress up the table.

Mildred/Hotspur: continues to get fairly decent scores but awaits the big one to lift him up to the top ten. He is only 5 points behind Kop66.

And our friend Traeth from across the Severn Bridge remains top Welsh player although 19th in our mini-league. He is another player making slow but steady progress up the table.

16. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I was gonna ask Newman if Jodie is a woman...but then it occurred to me that how the fuck would he know,lol!?

I certainly hope so.

The cream of betnod mullered by a woman:lol

(Note to any women reading this.Im not really sexist.:unsure)
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Jodie is a young teacher at a private school, Hotspur, and i believe she teaches Chinese language. I used to work with her dad, who is Stewart Gardiner. A past winner, he's having a mare this season.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

I did ok this week apart from not getting one correct score, I just seemed to be one goal out either way on most predictions whilst many others managed to get a banker correct score bonus, cnuts!!

Still a long way to go although I can ill afford many more dropped points to the leaders.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

Definitely a long way to go Slick, we're at the half way point. The table can easily change if you take your eye off the game just for a week.

A good league of leagues position as Newman points out :thumb
  20. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

You need to get your bonus points back up Slick, think that's one of the most important things in this competition. Once you've got it up to 20, if you keep getting your banker right, over the course of 4 weeks it's 80 points. If you fuck one up, in the 4 weeks it takes to get it back to 20 again you're only going to score 0 + 5 + 10 + 15 = 30, so fucking up the bonus selection basically costs you 50 points.

I always go for whichever game looks the safest, even if that's only a 2x game rather than a 3x one. For the chance of an extra 30pts at most (if you get a correct score), or an extra 10pts if you just get the correct outcome, it's not really worth the risk of picking a trickier 3x match.