1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2014/15 - Free Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by Punter, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Just wondering Newman200..Is there an ideal amount of players in a league that would give us a chance of winning the league of leagues? I'm just thinking of issuing codes to the final top 10 (for example) from this Malvern League, to give it a bash next season?

Anyway, what a high scoring week this week! A double fixture list admittedly but some cracking scores..

Gameweek 23, top 13

b1.PNG
    rcgills likes this.
  2. newman200

newman200 OTC

Agreed it was a fantastic high scoring week with Kopp66 almost assuring himself of the highest weekly score. If anybody comes close to his 330 pts they would be thinking about that £1 million TalkSport jackpot and not the crumbs available here. :wasnme
    As regards the League of Leagues, I find it frustrating that we are all competing against teams of 50 players or more and it is the best four scores of any of those players. A piss poor player can have a good week and assure his mini-league of a good overall score.
    I have complained about this to the IKTS programmers but without any success.
    The good news is that The Malvern League is now in the top 100 at 95
    [​IMG] 95 (114) ...Malvern League ...Region: Malvern... +1150... 10715
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers newman, sounds like the league of leagues is not really worth noting if it works like that. Let's go for the top 90 this weekend all the same!
  4. newman200

newman200 OTC

I think I mentioned on this site or the paid site that I thought this season's scores were lower than last year.
    I did a bit of checking and found that my score to one year ago is identical but that last year I was half way down the table and this season currently runner-up.
    My conclusion is therefore that generally the overall scores are down.
  5. newman200

newman200 OTC

I'm going to have to think very carefully about my forecasts this weekend - most of the them look potential draws which are always a bummer to correctly predict.
    And after a bumper gameweek with scores averaging 100 pts plus, I would not be surprised to see some players with minus scores on Monday evening.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

You bugger Newman! You put bad voodoo on me this week. I filled my scores in and then came here and this was the first thing i read!
    I'm blaming you for my piss poor performance anyway :)

b3.PNG

Stewart Gardiner the only player to hit 100pts this week, well done that man.
  7. newman200

newman200 OTC

Ah so it was your score Mr Punter :) that dropped The Malvern League down a place in the IKTS Championship. However just one place difference is hardly a big problem and we could still break through into the top 90 IKTS mini-leagues.
    [​IMG] 96 (95) .....Malvern League..... Region: Malvern..... +340 ..... 11055
  8. newman200

newman200 OTC

Not guilty M'Lud.
    Scores entered before sight of my message, therefore unable to influence this player's piss poor forecast selection.:leaving
  9. newman200

newman200 OTC

Oh dear, I've just clicked why Punter is so frustrated with this week's score. Last week he had the season's best score of all Malvern League players with 330 pts and just seven days later drops 370 pts to -40 to become one of this week's biggest losers.
    I expect all, except Kop66, will be having a quiet chuckle at his mixed fortune.
  10. newman200

newman200 OTC

Scores not fully updated this morning but I can tell all that I woefully underperformed with a total of 60 points. Many others in my own mini-league got more than double that, so I expect that I will drop out of knock out stage of the Betnod Champions League on Monday night.
    I've emailed my IKTS contact to tell him that the scores need updating so expect movement in an hour or so.
  11. newman200

newman200 OTC

A generally poor week for the Malvern League and we drop down to 100th place in the IKTS Championship.
    [​IMG] 100 (96) .....Malvern League ..... Region: Malvern..... +625..... 11680
    We'll have to try harder next time in Gameweek 26:angry
    :)
  12. newman200

newman200 OTC

Okay The Malvern League is still in the top 100 mini-league IKTS teams but only just
    [​IMG] 98 (100) Malvern League Region: Malvern +305 11985
    Two thirds of our points came from just two players - Howson & Lyn Gardiner with 100 pts each.
    It shows how well they performed in that the other 105 pts came from two players.
    Punter likes this.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

The Malvern League table, Gameweek 26

Howson still leading the way. Well done that man.

7 Gameweeks left to play, i thought i'd stick the full league table up this week, encourage the rest of us to try and better our position in the remaining weeks, see what we can do. Good luck all.

b3.PNG b4.PNG b5.PNG
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Villa let me down good style, If that would have come in I would have targeted the top 3 over the next 7 weeks, Howson would have been out of my reach but I reckon with thought I could have had a go 3rd maybe 2nd place.

Without my banker bonus I'm just going to have to start taking chances again and hope I get a couple of correct score ones in b4 the season finishes.
  15. newman200

newman200 OTC

My high hopes of finishing near the top of this league have been dashed by my long term nemesis SteveStar, who has had a very good Saturday. Been competing against him for a few years and have yet to better him.
    However it is not all bad news: I went to watch Forest Green Rover FC play Macclesfield yesterday. A 3-1 win against these close rivals puts FGR in a good place for the Football League play-offs. BUT it gets better - eat your heart out David Beckham and watch probably this season's best non-league goal. Fantasicmoso.

Jon Parkin's wonder goal for Forest Green Rovers against Macclesfield
    Punter likes this.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

You mean eat your heart out Charlie Adams Newman.

Nightmare weekend for me with only 2 correct predictions, I would be doing ok this season if it wasn't for last minute fcuking goals lol.

I'm on Liverpool with my bonus but I suspect so is everyman and his dog, because I have no banker bonus after last week so in effect I reckon a liverpool draw or defeat would serve me better in the long run.
    Thinking about it, being a City fan I suppose it would be the best result, fcuk the banker bonus:lol
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Well thats an extra 90 points in the bag and I'm still complaining lol.

Howson the stuffy red cnut also managed to max out and get his added banker bonus to boot, another great week for him and Cleggy too by the looks of it.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Won't be long before City are a X3:cry
  19. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha ha that last post is to my liking, but not if its those scouse uckers.

What a bad day for me to be off work, been piss ed the last 2 days, yday was a top up from setday and how good a day that was.

Unreal all 4 of us in works league got the exact same banker bonus
  20. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Bastards, just as I was beginning to catch up with you and Cleggy.

And I'm sorry, but Beckham, Adam and Parkin can all step aside - none of them can compare with Jake Hessenthaler's goal against Coventry last season

slick and Punter like this.