1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2015/16 - Free Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by Punter, Jul 5, 2015.

1. newman200

newman200 OTC

I'm sorry lads to keep going on but this week I'm absolutely gobsmacked that despite losing my Bonus and getting a minus score I've actually moved up in the TalkSport rankings. It's first time ever that I'm in double figures (just) at end of a gameweek.
    Too late tonight to go out and get drunk but tomorrow.......
    upload_2015-12-7_22-36-57.png
    rcgills likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

lol, well done Newman:thumb
    newman200 likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Well done Newman :clap
    newman200 likes this.
  4. newman200

newman200 OTC

Gameweek 16
    upload_2015-12-14_22-48-35.png
    upload_2015-12-14_22-49-41.png
    upload_2015-12-14_22-52-26.png
    upload_2015-12-14_22-53-38.png
    rcgills and Punter like this.
  5. newman200

newman200 OTC

Congratulation to Lyn Gardiner with this week's highest score.
    Is this the same person who won this comp a few years ago?
    Also congratulations to Mark Tipton with a good score of 75 pts. Mind you he did amend his forecasts SEVEN times before the games were played.
    Mick Sorahan's charge has brought him up to second in table displacing dear Reggie, but the TomCats lead remains at 135 pts despite him getting a minus score. Slick & Punter also recorded identical minus scores and both drop down table.
    Last week The TomCat was bragging that he was in top hundred players but he boasted too soon and those words have comeback to haunt him - he is now 175th in TalkSport table.
    Anyway The Malvern are one place better off than last week - an improvement albeit a small one.
    Punter likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nope, that's her mum with this weeks top score! Jodie Gardiner was the winner and has since married and now is Jodie Duffy, down in 30th position.
    Adam Dovey also scored 95pts this week btw :)
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I can't land a banker to save my life at the moment, that's 3 weeks in a row now I've blown it.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'd take a correct outcome right now!
  9. newman200

newman200 OTC

TalkSport weekly review
    upload_2015-12-17_10-28-11.png
    No review last week and its already Thursday before Gameweek 16 review was posted. I don't know about others but for both those reasons I think it has lost its impact.
    However I will post what is written because I'm a bit of a numbers nerd.
    The Malvern League must be congratulated because two thirds (20 of out 30 players) had an above average score.
    However three of the top Malvern players had scores a lot less than the IKTS average, which will obviously give all other players a fillip.
    I would spin the TalkSport reference about bonuses on it's head and say that over two thirds of players lost their Bonus this week, including it would appear most of the Malvern League leaders.
    From my own research within my own mini-league it seems that the most popular Leicester/Chelsea forecast was 2-1 but that it also attracted the most Insurance chips. That frustrates me beyond belief whenever that happens to me. A wasted chip on a good result which could have saved me 10 points on another game.
    BTW The Old TomCat is sadly no longer the top player in the Cheltenham TalkSport supporters table.
    Punter likes this.
  10. newman200

newman200 OTC

Gameweek 17
    upload_2015-12-22_7-53-22.png
    upload_2015-12-22_7-55-29.png
    upload_2015-12-22_7-56-39.png
    upload_2015-12-22_7-57-31.png

What a shocker of a week - 22 players with scores of zero or less. Indeed it was not until Will1985 in 5th spot with 35 pts did any player secure a plus score.
    The Old TomCat in top spot had his worse score of the season and the third bad week in a row. Fortunately for him, his nearest rivals have not fully capitalised although Reggie has moved up into 2nd spot with what must be considered a semi-reasonable score of -15 pts, reducing TomCats lead to 110 pts.
    Obviously TomCat is starting to feel the heat of the chase which is not helped that Mick Sorahan has added him to his Players to Watch list. And with his recent scores, TomCat could soon be struggling with Howson for the 13th spot.
    Reggie's close rival Mr Slick is staying close on his heels in 4th spot with a minor -5 pt score.
    The third member of this gang of outlaws, Kop66, had a stonker of a week with -50 pts and now is just one place above the relegation spot.
    The Christmas/New Year games are almost upon us and they are always notorious difficult to predict. Methinks they cannot be more difficult than what we've had for the past few weeks.

If I don't get the chance I'd like now to wish all A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
    rcgills likes this.
  11. newman200

newman200 OTC

Latest TalkSport Gameweek 17 Review
    upload_2015-12-23_9-10-14.png
    Not much to add except that my report was titled "A nightmare week for the Old TomCat"
    Even the damn computer is taking the 'michael'
  12. newman200

newman200 OTC

Gameweek 18/Boxing Day
    upload_2015-12-30_22-22-34.png
    upload_2015-12-30_22-23-50.png
    upload_2015-12-30_22-25-12.png
    upload_2015-12-30_22-26-36.png
    Congratulations to Reggie, our new leader.
    Punter and rcgills like this.
  13. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Cheers Newman. I reckon your fightback just started tonight though :lookaround

And well done Punter for the Super Saturday win :clap
    Punter likes this.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Yip well done RC, just make sure you don't get a nose bleed lol, good result aswell for Newman tonight to get himself back into the mix (not that he's ever been out of it mind).
    And well done Punt for his Super Saturday win as RC mentions, I was so near myself, If only I hadn't changed my mind and put my banker bonus on Chelsea instead of City cause I'm a greedy git.

I've also just noticed ODM has a scum emblem at the side of his name, wtf is that all about?
    newman200, Punter and rcgills like this.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Nothing to do with this but I've just been going through the various leagues I'm in and noticed Parapete in the Naafi Bar league has not been using his Banker bonus or Guarantee chips, he'd be pissing that league If he had. Newman do you know him?
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah, but sometimes he's that embarrassed about Utd's form, he pretends to support Derby.

Batty boy, right up LVG's arse no doubt.
  17. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Are you leathered? That doesnt look like a Liverpool badge to me.
    Punter likes this.
  18. newman200

newman200 OTC

Alas No.
  19. newman200

newman200 OTC

upload_2015-12-31_15-34-43.png
    15 of our players managed a score above average, in fact they were all well above average.
    Our friend Kop66 with top score of the week has finally managed to secure enough points to climb up table as he confidently predicted many weeks ago. Up 9 places to 20th - at that rate, in two weeks he will be amongst the leaders.
    Reggie has been threatening to take over the leadership for a few weeks and now has a convincing lead over the pack but with Slick managing an almost similar score will he manage to keep that lead.
    Mick Sorahan is having a golden run and was at one time vying for leadership. But can he keep up the momentum?
    And at long last Howson is making progress up the table. Our current champion and self proclaimed best player in season 2013/14 appears to be coming good at right time of season.
    The Old TomCat? He is still in a darkened room in a state of shock with his piss-poor pathetic, diabolical horror score this week.
    Punter and rcgills like this.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fucked if I know. I certainly didn't select a badge. Wonder if they were my banker team at some early stage and thereby allocated automatically. It appears that everyone has one and I can't imagine that not everybody can be arsed enough to select one themselves.