1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2015/16 - Paid Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by Punter, Jul 5, 2015.

1. newman200

newman200 OTC

Still no updates. Damn frustrating and I've sent my contact at TalkSport an email on subject.
    However I have a total of 30 points so far this week, which surprisingly is the best for my own min-league of 12 players.
    So a very low scoring week it will be, although I fully expect a few players will have placed their Bonus on a perfect score and jump up the table.
    Almost without exception everybody correctly forecast the top three games but got the other five games wrong. Who expected Arsenal or Man City to lose???
    I didn't and that is why I've only got 30 pts
  2. newman200

newman200 OTC

The scores have now been updated and Slick has a gobsmacking 60 pts which makes him the leading scorer this week so far.
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

It was the correct score in the Watford v Man Utd game that got Slick ahead. I'll chase the bugger down though :naughty
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Actually, Kegman could be moving ahead of the pack later as he's got his banker on Spurs.
  5. newman200

newman200 OTC

Hi lads,

I’m wondering if I can use some of your collective football knowledge regarding goal scorers.

As well as the Malvern League I play PREDICT THE SCORE http://predictthescore.net/ which is similar to our game but also requires members to select five players that are likely to score in that gameweek.

My basic match results are decent, but I am let down by my incompetence in selecting what goal scoring player to choose. As a result I’m not doing anywhere near as well as I should.

The game’s leader has 279 match points and I’m just behind him with 273, but down in 41st position because I only have 38 goal points compared to his 63.

The rules are as follows:

•Predict the Scorer requires you to select 5 players that you think will score in the current game week.

•You cannot pick the same player twice

•Each player has a different goal value i.e. goals by strikers are generally worth less than goals by defenders.

I generally select a team’s leading goalscorer (at one point per goal) in a match that I think will have plenty of goals.

What I’m hoping with your regular help is to select players who are likely to score but have a higher goal value.

Thanks lads
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Just my thoughts Tomcat....

Liverpool's next 6 fixtures should see them score some goals (kiss of death). With Sakho out injured, Dejan Loveren for 8 points might be worth throwing in if you are struggling to find a 5th goalscorer. I've a feeling he's going to net one from a set piece in one of those games. Emre Can from midfield for 5pts looks big too.

Other defenders that caught my eye for other teams were Otemendi, Man City for 6pts or from an inform Tottenham team Eric Dier and Jan Vertongen, both 7pts.

Leighton Baines is due back for Everton sometime soon, he will be taking free kicks from around the edge of the box and may get penalty duties back too. Worth keeping an eye on his return for 8pts.

Of the more likely scorers from midfield, Pedro for Chelsea 3pts, Jess Lingard Man Utd, 6pts, Lanzini of West Ham 6pts and Arnautovic, Stoke 3pts.
    newman200 likes this.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

A poor week in general, well done to the three betnodders, Kegman, Slick and Rcgills, the only players to score 50 or more.

I'll start with the Betnod FA Christmas Cup. The good thing with such a low scoring week, only 55pts separates 1st to 18th so it's still wide open, though last years winner Ben Davis looks up against it with an opening score of -55pts. Can the holder turn it round?

Personally i'm a bit pissed off as that late Sunderland goal cost me (and a couple of others) a nice draw, while 95% had the Palace win. Sunderland always seem to do me :mad:

Anyway, the table after Gameweek 1 of the Christmas Cup....

cap1.PNG cap2.PNG

Tomcat still leads the Betnod Premier League, six weeks at the top now Tomcat and Traeth is this weeks big mover, up 3 places to 5th. Nice one both.

Betnod Premier league Gameweek 13 table....

cap3.PNG cap4.PNG

Rcgills leads the way for the highest score prize, with 175pts from 10 fixtures in Gameweek 11
    rcgills likes this.
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

It was inevitable from the moment Slick and Howson started going on about how easy the fixtures looked on Friday night :wasnme
    slick and Punter like this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I never listen to those two drunks on a Friday night Rc.

10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Don't blame you Punter. Not sure I'd listen to them any other night of the week, either, to be honest.
    Punter likes this.
  11. newman200

newman200 OTC

Do you know I was thinking exactly the same thing on Saturday night.
    Still damn bad on Monday night.
  12. traeth

traeth Moderator

thanks for the reminder about the christmas cup , will have to make a special effort now

thanks for the compliment regarding my improvement but it was mainly due to me being 5 points behind four contestants in equal fifth place

cheers for the regular update

p.s. I'm still waiting for slicks review of his blue bulb, is it like this one ?

[​IMG]
    http://www.buylighting.com/v/vspfiles/photos/B701311-2T.jpg
    Punter likes this.
  13. newman200

newman200 OTC

[​IMG] On Saturday I was one of 800 FGR away fans who journeyed to Cheltenham to see the 'little club at top of hill' take on the big town club Cheltenham Town FC.
    To the neutral football supporter it was probably a less than thrilling game but to those 5,500 in stadium it was an end of seat game that ended in a 1-1 draw.
    Today I picked my papers plus the local and was gobsmacked to see full page photo of my mate and me on front page.
    slick, Punter and rcgills like this.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one Tom, good stuff.

The way you're getting yourself on the t.v and in the papers lately, Betnod and Talksport have missed a trick here. Send the man a Betnod flat cap, scarf and T-Shirt!

Good luck with FGR this season, i've not been to the new ground but about a decade or so ago me and my brother went to the old ground to watch FGR v Hereford on Boxing Day... probably the coldest day at a football match i've ever experienced. Friendly enough local folk about though :thumb
    newman200 likes this.
  15. newman200

newman200 OTC

Thanks Punt,
    Quite funny that the paper should publish this one photo.
    I was sitting next to one of the FGR injured players and directly behind Dale Vince (FGR owner).
    I guess it is the FGR badge that I've had sewn into my cap that attracts attention.
    But I only did that because the FGR hat was rubbish rapper style.

And thanks Punt for your best wishes to FGR this season. It is getting close at top of National table although FGR and Cheltenham Town FC are in pole position. The way we played on Saturday, I'm optimistic that we stand a good chance of overtaking our Gloucestershire neighbours for the automatic promotion spot.
    TomCat
    Punter likes this.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Aye nice one Newman, we've had a few Betnodders on the front pages before but all for the wrong reasons, usually the crime section.

That fcukers brought me nothing but bad luck, but I'll nip off to write a review now.
    newman200 likes this.
  17. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Nice one newman - I never knew Ricky Ponting was a good friend of yours

No wonder he needed that head gear though - probably not used to the cold in the english winter
    newman200 likes this.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

One to consider this weekend Tomcat...

newman200 likes this.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

I was wondering that myself but who dresses like that for an English Winter, I was thinking Newman was in the paper for popping over to the Artic to watch a match.
    Saying that, where Winrew comes from that's Summer gear.
  20. newman200

newman200 OTC

Thanks guys for your comments on my photo.
    On the day it was cold and that is why we were both well wrapped up, which I suppose made us both look like eccentrics.

Punt, I've used your goalscorer hints on the other comp: Loveran, Can, Otemendi, Dier & Vertongen.
    I checked today's newspapers and Troy Deeney had not been selected otherwise I certainly would added his name to the selection.
    Thanks
    Punter likes this.