1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Independence Day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ONEDUNME, Jun 24, 2016.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well I didn't expect that. A proper kick in the teeth for the political system.

What happens next? Nobody knows.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol Well that was fucking quick - even for a slimy politician
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

"I would have never have made such a claim, that was a mistake..."

"Hang on a minute, that was one of YOUR adverts!"

:roll
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm just glad that we can start importing bent bananas again :dance
    Kegman likes this.
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

I believe it is a protest vote against the political system , even here in Wales we voted to leave when we have gained a lot from being in the EU.
    We are stupid here though when it comes to voting , in the recent Welsh Assembly elections which partly proportional representation where you vote for a candidate and also a party . We have ended up with a Plaid Cymru candidate and Ian Hamilton UKIP representing us. UKIP want to disband the assembly.

As ODM has pointed out , what do we do next, and the largest percentage of voters went for this "plan".

I hope that I am right and the electorate is disaffected as the other option is worrying.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I agree Traeth it was a protest vote and hopefully we haven't just shot ourselves in the foot, never in a million years did I expect the 'outs' to win and that includes myself.

Something did need to happen though because the country has become a shit tip, hopefully once the dust settles down we can make a good go at going it alone and actually start to manufacture things again to create a strong economy and decent jobs for the younger generation.
  8. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Yes we have had long enough now of Thatcherism to view the perspective of what has happened in the past 35 years or so.
  9. winrew

winrew GILF

Forget the out vote thats the least of our problems , the Tory government , is going to be so right wing with IDS , Gove and BOJO true men of the people !!
    And as for that bearded fucker who leads Labour , Jesus wept.
    The Tories are going to have a field day ...
    Buckle up its going to be a rough ride
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

How could the bookies get this so wrong?! Or did they?

I sat on the fence. I was IN then OUT so many times i thought i was doing the Hokey Cokey.

Putin's smiling.
  11. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

We are the world's fifth largest economy. We are a Permanent Member of the United Nations Security Council. The markets always overdo everything and will stabilize. Workers should get a fairer deal. We can keep Turkey out.

By the way Winrew I think you should get your liver enzymes checked out by your GP. Heavy middle aged boozers on shift work are prime candidates for liver cancer and a heart attack.
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

We've only got ourselves to blame for letting in so many immigrants. I'm not being racist, but all these foreigners do my head in, coming over here to live in OUR country, if you weren't born here you shouldn't be allowed in, period.

It makes me so pissed off that had the Leave campaign not been successful I probably would have fucked off and gone abroad to live in another country :mad::mad::mad:
    slick likes this.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Me too but the caravans in Rhyl are fully booked this time of the year, looks like I got a lucky escape.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Juncker, who the fcuk is Juncker!!!
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You should know better Punter, I had to sit and listen to that fucktard Peirs Morgan this morning asking how the bookies got it so wrong. Anyone who thinks that the bookies got it wrong is a retarded cunt. They have made a shitload of money- make no mistake. All t he bookies do is put up a price and react to the volume of the money stakes. If they ended up with the remain vote at 1/10 that's not the bookies misjudgement, it's the idiots who have staked (and lost) their money. The bookies have made no mistake
    Punter likes this.
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I voted to stay, obviously given my situation, but I've no problem with the result, and no problem at all with those who voted out for their own legitimate reasons. But... some of these interviews with people saying they voted out because they didn't think it would actually happen, and regret voting out - these people need to be struck off the electoral register for a few years until they can be trusted with the responsibility of a vote.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/man-w...t-count-wins-moron-of-the-year-award-5964450/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...hought-uk-stay-in-eu-remain-win-a7102516.html
  17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

It's mental up here as overall Scotland voted to remain and a lot of people are wanting another independence referendum but if the country had voted yes in the original referendum then we wouldn't be in the EU anyway (although we were going to be applying to join but that wasnt guaranteed)
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yes I agree RC, but how many people are actually responsible enough to vote? What percentage of voters actually knew enough about each side of the argument to have a legitimate view?

How many people voted out simply because they were so dumb they believed that the NHS would be flooded with ex-EU contribution money and instead of waiting 4 hours at A&E to see a nurse who would then tell us to go home and come back in a few days if we're still not feeling better, we'd be seen immediately and each have our own room and personal doctor?

Or how many voted out because they're sick of all the immigrants coming over here nicking our jobs, even though many who hold this opinion have never done an honest days work in their lives?

Should we have a test that voters must sit before they can vote, and only those with a decent grasp of what they are actually voting for/against be allowed to have their say?

That sounds like a good idea to me!
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

But can you really say those people aren't responsible enough to vote? They've voted for what they genuinely believe. Whether they believe in it off their own backs or they believe in it because they've fallen for a lot of the lies that were spread, it was at least what they believed in. I've nothing against them. I think they were wrong, but that's my personal opinion, nothing more.

But some of these fuckwits saying that they thought In was bound to win, and so used their vote as a protest and now wish they hadn't, that's irresponsible. I can understand the point of a protest vote in an election when there are half a dozen candidates, and you want to choose one who won't win, just to give the government a bit of a kick up the arse. But this was a 50/50 decision. In or Out. There was no in-between, there was no margin for a protest vote. If you don't really want to leave the EU, you vote In, it's no time for playing silly buggers with a protest vote.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I hope Scotland do get their referendum and leave, I'm sick to fucking death of hearing them whining about it.

What was the turnout like up there keggers?