1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Independence Day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ONEDUNME, Jun 24, 2016.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Them. There, These,...sounds awful.
    It sounds alienated and it shouldn't do, the Scottish are like you and me , ffs it wasn't that long ago we was all one.
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Well Catalonia has been a region for 1000 years and predated the formation of Spain. It will get a referendum (like Scotland) whether it has legal status or not. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-referendum-Spain-opposition-European-Support

I take the same view as Gordon Brown that a charm offensive would be far better than the current confrontational approach. http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...n-the-uk/ar-BByizoE?li=AA59G2&ocid=spartanntp
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Well considering this is a gambling forum what odds will you give me that Catalonia won't get a referendum in lets say the next 5 yrs if you're so sure.

I'm expecting good odds considering you think Scotland deserve a referendum tomorrow after having one two years ago.
  4. Steve_uk

Both Catalonia and Scotland will hold a referendum within the next three years whether it's sanctioned by Madrid and London or not.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Capture.PNG

Is it just me .... or does Nicola Sturgeon's mother look like she's going to belt out 'Candle in the wind' ?
    slick and rcgills like this.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol
  7. Steve_uk

She gets her grit from her Sunderland grandmother, who wasn't even Scottish. I always thought of her as a Bay City Roller fan as a girl with her uncle on drums.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I had no idea you knew her so well Steve.
  9. Steve_uk

Shabbily treated. The Bay City Rollers I mean, not Nicola Sturgeon or her English granny..
  10. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Anarchists can't get anywhere without motorways :thumb

11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Talentless bunch of cunts. They got more than their 15 minutes of fame and all the girls that they could handle. Manufactured drivel for teenage bints in an era of shit music. They were lucky.
  12. Steve_uk

13. slick

slick Administrator

Lost control where?
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Bye Bye Baby, Baby Bye Bye.
    You're the one girl in town I'm marry.........Big tits and a hairy fanny

We used to sing that as kids lol, If a kid did that now he'd be put in care and family locked up.
  15. Steve_uk

Joyous, melodic music which three generations could enjoy.Young people who respected their elders, teachers, politicians and who grew up in stable two-parent families, who looked in on their neighbours and didn't filch or do drugs.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  16. Steve_uk

17. Steve_uk

I don't want a stranger to wash my bum, nor the costs to fall on the taxpayer. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37307856
  18. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I may be wrong, but I suspect the feeling will be mutual on both fronts.
  19. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Bizarre watching the Simon Park orchestra all decked out in orange tops - with a few looking like Dutch players of the early 1970's and some quality side burns

Was this already the Van Der Valk theme tune or did that come later ?

20. Steve_uk

I think it was just stock music which someone at Thames Television took for the TV theme.