1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Interesting Or Amusing Videos

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MickeyPaul, Sep 12, 2011.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Well I'm not normally wrong, so we'll go with number 2 there :lol

That was just me making concessions seeing as you'd already told me before not to presume - like you, I've got no doubt he knew full well what he was doing

I agree that that does happen at times, and I also agree that it makes it worse. But here, he's basically accusing Muslims running rival stores of funding terrorism. Well, strictly speaking he's potentially accusing anyone, although most people's prejudices would almost certainly mean that if you've got Geordie Joe running a shop at one end of the road and Mohamed at the other end, no-one's going to be suspecting Geordie Joe of anything.

It's not like the stories you hear (although whether they're actually true or not is a different matter) of people being asked to take down England flags because of upsetting Muslims. There's nothing wrong with putting up a flag in your window, even if it does wind people up. There is something wrong with starting rumours that legitimate shopowners may be funding terrorism.

I'd argue that semantically there's a difference between "Our milk is not out of date" and "Don't buy out of date milk". The former is more like a defence against an accusation (and would be the equivalent of the sign at Fletchers saying "We don't fund terrorism" rather than "Don't fund terrorism"). The latter sounds more like an accusation against others.

Four times in one night would certainly be excessive. But I do think they needed to pay him a visit (albeit one would have been sufficient).
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm not sure quite how this light-hearted thread turned into something so heavy but, as the subject has been raised, I found myself listening to a lot of what Tommy Robinson said via youtube a few months ago. I'm no racist (which, as I've started a sentence with that line automatically means I can't possibly be:lol) but I found myself thinking that a lot of what he said made sense. I have to admit that I didn't have a fucking clue who he was about four months ago (I tend to ignore ranting fucking idiots as much as possible - well, unless Steve really provokes me) and I still don't know what he's actually wanting to achieve but if you listen to him (and a great starting point would be the Oxford University talk/debate that he gave if you're interested) you would have to come out with the view that if half the stuff that he's saying he's experienced in Luton (I think it was Luton) is true, you could understand how fucking frustrating that would be (almost as frustrating as having to read sentences in brackets every other fucking 20 words or so).

In fact I'd go as far as to say that a lot of what he says is actually echoing points that Seen himself is making, in that turning a blind eye on one side whilst stamping down on the other for fear of annoying the former is not only unjust, it also increases racial tension.

As I say, I don't know his full history or his agenda. I'm all for integration of all colours and creeds (except for Traeth and his kind obviously :talkhand. Those guys are the root of all evil:lol) . I just know that it is folly to dismiss what he says out of hand just because he's branded (and probably is) a racist thug.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

What a fcuking joke, hopefully he keeps the sign up and the whole community kicks off should the police dare arrest him.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Spot on, and exactly what I've been watching and listening to these last few months.
    Are we being subconsciously brainwashed :unsure
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

I completely agree with that ODM (and i'm also happy to see Steve posting his videos up).

Not sure if this was posted on here already but if you've not seen it, it's well worth a watch.
    I think we'd all of been Tommy Robinson in his situation...

6. Seen

Seen Moderator

I watched that video a few days ago and he does make some good points. The best one was probably when he got hit by the muslim when sitting in his car (44:10 on the video) - you couldn't ask for a more clear case for assault, the muslim was the aggressor from the start and the video proves he threw a cheap shot when Tommy started to drive off.

As Tommy says, that went out on Channel 4, yet the police did nothing. If it was the other way around you know for a fact that Tommy would have been arrested and charged. This pisses people off and makes them more racist/islamophobic/anti-police than ever.
    Punter likes this.
  7. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

I was surprised at the end that he says the only way this can be solved is by Muslims. Maybe it's right but it shows how defensive we have become that we in our own country have to rely on them in any way.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Punter likes this.
  8. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Seen

My posts were about the clip in isolation to anything else

If you could add your local knowledge about this (as there is clearly more to it than suggested in the clip) I would be interested to know so we could put all differences in interpretation about the clip behind us
  9. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

I don't think I need to comment further.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'd heard Tyson Fury was making a comeback.
    slick likes this.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Punter likes this.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've climbed a couple of 200ft chimneys in the past, through work. I clung on for dear life. I lasted 3 months, it wasn't for me :cold:cold:cold

I'm sharing that
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Pair of cunts
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Natural selection in action. You often hear people say that people don't deserve to die, well here's one who did (along with every single twat who ever posted anything on youtube, Facebook etc of them doing something stupid just to get attention)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40438207
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Why am i seeing 'this plug in is not supported' ??

It's the same on komps thread.

Slick - you any ideas what i need to download ?
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Is it your flash?
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Where's the link?
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Not what I thought, I was watching with gritted teeth waiting for a leg to snap, hell of a knockout.