1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Internet Explorer 9

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by slick, Feb 15, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

For some reason my laptop has decided to install IE9 by itself while I was at the Vets with the dog earlier on.
    Don't quite know what to make of it tell the truth , It doesn't look too disimilar to IE8 but things aren't quite where I'm used to them being, the tabs at the very top for example as I much prefer them being above the page.

Anybody else using it? I know it's been out for a while but I've been holding back as I became quite accustomed to IE8, My lappy obviously thinks it's time for me to move on.
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

The wife uses it , i hate the bloody thing , been using that Google Chrome for ages now , easy peasy ..
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Have major problems with chrome with flash though. I use it & like it but have disabled flash & just open up ie to watch videos
  4. winrew

winrew GILF

Some twats been effing about with my email settings !!
    How do i get Outlook back to a preview box ?
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I might have to resort to chrome as this seems to be running a lot slower than IE8 and those tabs at the top are doing my head in, only thing wrong with Chrome I feel is the fact it's like surfing naked.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Have you tried shutting it down and reopening it? happened to me ages ago and I can't remember what i did to get it back.
  7. winrew

winrew GILF

Ignore that , got it sorted , reading pane had been knocked off , not by me mind ..
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I'm going to have to try and get back to IE8 as it's become impossible to post up odds without them being all jumbled up.
  9. winrew

winrew GILF

Let me know how you manage to do that Slick ... Ta
  10. slick

slick Administrator

seems to have gone ok, now I'm back on IE8, right Wins.....

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Click the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then click programs and features in the left pane.
    In the new window that appears click..view installed updates

Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Restart windows and bingo, back to IE8
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

The thing i dont like about IE is its just too square, too blocky for me.....
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol Don't tell me you forgot that I was fucking about trying to paste odds from W Hill for about three hours and that was the problem all along?

I just thought I was being a retard as usual. First try on IE and bingo
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's worth knowing - cheers Slick
  14. winrew

winrew GILF

Cheers Slick , worked a treat ... :)