1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Ireland

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Well there is still an element of unpredictability about the contest-for instance last year the French guy bottled it along with Blue who had sung themselves hoarse during their money-making tour of Europe.Serbia has a good entry this year. A version of it is on this site now and Zeljko has the voice the juries are looking for. Sweden just seems light years ahead this year with their songs and choreography,and agreed it looks like Loreen.
  2. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Steve, I think you'll find that's Libero, an earlier hit. Wiki doesn't even show a song title for Zeljko's song, as it's not presented until the 10th March.
    The opera was always an experiment and nobody knew how it would be received. The closest thing to it was Ireland's The Voice. Nevertheless, the performance lacked any emotion.
    Blue did really well with the televote but fell on their arse with the jury. The jury watched the night before, when they reportedly dropped a few notes.
  3. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Oh I didn't know..I'm also assuming the video on youtube showing the benevolent but demented babushkas is not Russia's entry either,despite it claiming that title.I was imagining they would each have the Last Waltz with Engelbert Humper-dick after the contest along with a vodka to drown their sorrows..
  4. Archi

Archi Member

Yeah I agree with Gavster here. What do you think of the odds Sweden has right now? I'm seriously thinking about laying that ~6.6 @ Betfair.
  5. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I wouldn't lay or back at this point. I'm happy to wait until the draw. Loreen - if chosen - has a similar internet following to Lena. It could be another one of those years where the contest is decided by i-tunes. I have to admit that I was rather slow to catch on to the Loreen craze, mainly because I was so wrapped up in other Melodifestivalen bets - I failed to see the bigger picture!

I wouldn't have bet until I'd seen Danny's song anyway, but still, there was some decent value a couple of weeks ago.

At the moment Archi, it all hinges on Russia. 2012 is looking like a contest with little variety and very few defining songs, so the voting blocs will be key. With a strong scandi line up, Russia could sweep aside Sweden with all of their allies pledging friendly votes. Sweden will be trading douze points with Iceland, Norway and Denmark - Russia will be picking up easy 12s and 10s.

In short, hold fire!
  6. Archi

Archi Member

You speak wise words my friends. Scandis all have a decent song. Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Finland (well, kind of OK) have strong entries. They really could eat up each others points. We dont know Russia's song or performer yet, do we? So I guess I'm asking why do you say Russia in particular is strong when we dont know much from their entry yet? I hear Dima might not even go to Baku even if he wins. Do you have info I'm not aware of? B) (I think you just might)
  7. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

No inside information. I just find it difficult to believe that Dima would enter with Tatu girl, win and then withdraw. Totally bizarre. Whats to be gained?
  8. Archi

Archi Member

Agreed, it would be bizarre. But there is a rumor going around he wouldt go. That it was just a stunt to bring him publicity or whatever. It is pretty likely that he will go to Baku if he wins. So yeah, Russia probably strong. But we dont know anything for sure.. in a few weeks we will be a lot smarter than now :p
  9. Rob44

Rob44 Member

jedward's song is powder puff pop at it's worst, but if it's decently performed in a good running order it should qualify. you can bet that they will be rehearsed to the point where they can deliver to the best of their ability and cult following should see them through... another 12 points from those crazy danes?
  10. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Live version. Very messy lyrics, but difficult to appreciate the full horror as Jedward are being assisted by the gob shites in the audience.