1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Is Inplay betting the only way to make money

Discussion in 'Betting Talk' started by Yorkieacer, Sep 27, 2011.

1. fc basher

fc basher Member

Retards is about right,risking hundreds and thousnds for a few extra quid.
  2. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Wow really i wouldnt back something that low i dont think £100 just to make £3 no thanks
  3. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

people werent gambling, they were trying to buy money, retards. the inplay gamblers wouldve won/lost in the goals market i think, thats if they bet the game at all.

as i said im no expert on the big games for the simple fact the mug money screws everything, you could liken the odds plunge on utd to a stockmarket bubble where folk chase the money, it never pays to bet the market rather than the event.

pretty awesome aftertiming from me here i know but i didnt lose, wasnt my kind of game.

the markets typically are the sum total of everybodies opinion of an event added together, when it isnt then beware. unless you've got balls of granite and want to straight lay united at 1.01 when 2 up at ht that is.. you know most of the money laid at those odds would be folk trading out.
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

I no longer can have a bet on anything without the option to trade a position.

Sign of the times, innit?
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

There is so much competition between the in-running track players now that horses regularly trade at 1.01 before the final hurdle/fence....and in the place market they regularly hit 1.03/1.04 with 2 to jump if they are far enough clear. In the past you could back them at much bigger, but with the number of on-course sharks increasing rapidly they are forced to go shorter in desperation to get to the front of the queue.
  6. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

ive noticed that in jumps, the on course lot go head to head the final hurdles, you often see a quick odds jump as they approach the last. too many folk out there trying to be clever imo, betfair the only ones making any money at the end of the day
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

That couldn't be further from the truth, Spacey.
  8. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

do you seriously think there are still on course punters cleaning up like the old days?
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

I never said that. With all the changes (more on-course competition, less cannon-fodder players, premium charges etc) the days where the track players were making 5-figure sums every week are long gone, but I personally know around half a dozen guys who are still making it pay (enough to cover the considerable expenses and leave a decent profit) so the stronger/more talented are still going strong despite Betfair doing their best to eradicate them.

There are also people like myself who play from home who continue to beat the odds, but you have to move with the times to keep ahead of the changing dynamics which threaten to upset the applecart and destroy your edge.

Betfair ideally want no consistent winners and no consistent losers - they want everyone to win,lose,win,lose,win,lose so the money keeps going back and forth between accounts with commission slowly eating away at it - the more it's turned over the more they make and the less chance of the losers giving up and walking away.

Which makes a mockery of their early slogan (which they have conspicuously dropped).....

"Betfair - where winners are welcome"

:shit
  10. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

id imagine the half a dozen guys you personally know doing it, are doing more than simply taking advantage of having fast pictures/eyes then, as the days of that making a difference are dead in all sports outside of random tennis matches in asia (as far as i know?!).

inplay is the way to go in my eyes for football, doing anything else with the sport is retarded as the markets are locked down pretty tight, the only way to get an advantage over them is to actually watch a bloody game. every possible stat, opinion and gut instinct possible has gone into forming a footy market, unless you can beat the consumed knowledge of several hundred/thousand people then stay clear, watch a game and see whats really going on.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm hopeless at footy betting, as I've admitted several times before - anyone who can make regular profits from betting on footy (not trading in-running) must be very, very good, for the reasons you state. The only time I play on the footy now is trading late on the correct score market, hoping for a couple of late goals at monster odds or perhaps a goal in the last minute of added time. Only small fun bets so small loss/big win factor, just checked my last 3 months on BF and on footy betting I'm in profit to £37.17, which equals around 40p per day :unsure
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

Earlier this afternoon there was an interesting race over in Ireland, 2 horses had skipped clear and had 2 to jump, both fell at the 2nd last, one (Jakros) had been backed at 1.01 and the other (Island Oscar) at 1.04 in the place market. Now bearing in mind that this was a beginners chase, so these were inexperienced jumpers, just what kind of desperate fool takes such short odds when they still had 2 to jump? Unbelievable.
  13. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

i think most people are useless at footy betting, especially big games.

the arsenal-spurs game this weekend will see all sorts of stupid bets, over 2.5 goals will be hammered for non sporting reasons. folk want to see a good game, so pile on goals like retards. really it should be laid and then backed 10 minutes in when people see both teams being a bit cagey and they over-react the other way.

im shite at horse racing, having watched thousands of races im still totally clueless when it comes to reading whats going on. i also find it completly mental that people throw cash into a sport that wouldnt exist without losing mug punters like spastics... the books sponsor about 75% of races, how much of a fucking hint do you need.

betfair do want people to win-lose-win-lose, the old books running horse racing want everyone losing bar a handful of small winners to incentify the losers to keep going.

betfair actually need those types to an extent aswell, which is why the PC takes such abuse
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

The PC takes such abuse because it deserves to take abuse, an absolute shambles of a decision where the only thing that saved them was the fact that they have such a strong monopoly on the exchange market.

The original 20% PC was bad enough, but the new 60% one is just unbelievable.
  15. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Im going for Tottenham 2-1 at weekend
  16. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

disgusting stuff seen, ill need to go read up on that.
  17. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

looks like a sinking ship to me, doubt ill ever bother the 250k mark but taking away the incentive from people to even try is crazy.

there wont be many hit but those that are will make sure the rest of us know about it, god knows what the future holds.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

The £250K rule is just for the 40%-60% charge, but the 'normal' Premium Charge can hit small staking ordinary punters if they are successful - anyone who has played in more than 250 markets (ffs, I play in more than that a week) can be hit.

My lifetime charges are currently at 21.54% so I'm avoiding it at the moment but my usual weekly commission is now around 10% so obviously my lifetime charge is decreasing towards the 20% cut-off point. I've paid almost £8,500 in commission/PC to BF over the years, and believe me I'm no big-staking punter, just a disciplined and careful one, yet the greedy fuckers want more.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

Another monumental fuck-up by the short-odds backers today....at Gowran Park in the 4.05, RUBI LIGHT was clear only to crash out at the last fence. Around £500 was matched in the place market at 1.01 and many thousands in the win market right down to 1.02.

Crazy.
  20. madmax

madmax New Member

I agree with onedunme