1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Is Phil Jones the next Michael Dawson?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Yeh, don't get me wrong Slick, I wouldn't expect him to come back from injury and for him to turn the team around. You're right, he can't carry that pressure on his young shoulders. It's not fair. But it just suddenly struck me the other day when I was wondering what had happened since those first few games and his injury does seem to have been the turning point.

Also, when he does come back, he'll be coming back to a very different team with all the injuries, lack of confidence, etc.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's probably the most sensible post of yours I've ever read Wayne. Makes sense.

I've never understood the criticism of Chelsea and City because they are the neuvau riche and are buying titles when (as you say) United have whored themselves around the far east and America and spent millions winning titles but just over a longer period of time. Doesn't make sense.
  3. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Let me think then hmmm United are 2/1 to win the league in numerous places and ive said we will win by at least 3 points so i would be looking for around 3.20 for the bet so id give odds off 1.30 is that correct? Fuck knows but id be looking for 3.20
  4. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

It's like most football banter though isn't it. It just becomes a 'weapon' to use to ridicule another club, regardless of whether it's factually correct or even matters. Bit like saying all United fans are gloryhunters. :wink
  5. Yorkieacer

good win for the lads today cuts it back to 2 points any takers then if you think im talking out my arse again?

No thought not as Utd will win by 3 points at least
  6. suirthing

suirthing Member

Yorkie, Have you got the wrong result.....Leeds drew away to Watford today??
  7. Yorkieacer

8. suirthing

suirthing Member

Oh maybe I am wrong then, Just thought you were Yorkie as you were from Yorkshire therefore you were referring to Leeds United. I follow Man Utd as I support my my local club, local club, local club!:)
  9. Yorkieacer

Yes im Yorkie i was born in Manchester but moved to Doncaster when i was young and lived in Sussex + Grimsby over last 10 years so Local club i supported and used to go and watch them with my dad near enough every home match until i moved down here so i do support my local club in a sense but moved away as most people do in life you move to have a better life and circumstances which you have no way's of stopping.
  10. suirthing

suirthing Member

Pikeys would do less moving around :D.......are you a Pikey? if so I can make d rioten big to help you read it :lol
  11. Yorkieacer

Moved from Manchester to Donny when my dad started a new job den Donny to Croydon when they got divorced, then Croydon to Wallington as it was only temp at my uncle's until we bought a flat.Then Wallington to Horsham when my mum met my step dad and then i moved to Grimsby and then back down :lol Think thats all ive also lived temp in Sutton, Steyning, Crawley, Victoria, Clapham, Hull, Sheffield and Swinton :lookaround Went to 9 different schools as well man ive moved alot
  12. Yorkieacer

Oh and lived in Mexborough as well
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just for the record 4th January 2012. The first time Fergie trusts Jones in his rightful place in the back four. Two minutes into the second half, Jones brings down a Newcastle player by bizarrely trying to tackle using his arse. Newcastle score from the free kick.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

In the interest of balance, Jones has been solid since he gave the free kick away that led to the goal.

Needs to be aware of shooting his mouth off at the ref though - on a yellow card. Not a good habit to get into
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:roll

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL WAS THAT?:roll:roll:roll
  16. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Lol... Think you could be right odm
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

It was possibly the funniest own goal of all time :lol
  18. Yorkieacer

Missed it as i was typing on here he's going to be a star give him two years
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Juat aswell you did Yorkie.
    I believe Fergies going to give him a stint in nets starting next week.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Bit harsh Yorkie. Granted it was one of the worst efforts I've ever seen for a Premiership footballer trying to control a football but prison is a bit harsh for him.