1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Jack Rodwell

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Seen, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

In August 2014, Sunderland paid Man City £10 million for Jack Rodwell.

Since then he has started 30 league games for Sunderland with the following results...

0 wins
    15 draws
    15 defeats

To compare, Sunderland's record without him in starting line-up since he signed (50 games)...

16 wins
    15 draws
    19 defeats
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm not sure why that should surprise us Steve. Salford are doing well at the moment and United aren't . It should come as no surprise to find that a united fan is a glory-hunter now should it?
    slick likes this.
  4. Steve_uk

5. slick

slick Administrator

Rodwell's a good player just that he's the proverbial sick note, looked a class act when he was younger although that might have been due to the size of him compared to others of his age, a bit like Barkley I suppose , barring Injury I expect Barkley to do well as a footballer unlike Rodwell.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Wrong - he's been paid for doing a job. An arrangement t that has been mutually beneficial over the years. There is no loyalty in football (well, very little) and when a player becomes to old or otherwise incapable of doing a job, the club gets someone else in who can do it .

Just because he worked for them doesn't mean he should shy away from having an opinion about how they're playing and anyway, it smacks of double standards from you as always Steve. If we were talking about a coal miner, your view would. be that he'd dedicated his life to the company and they should be grateful to him. in this case you are implying that Scholes should doff his cap to his former employees and never have the timerity to blacken their name in gratitude for them allowing him to work for them.
  7. Steve_uk

Scholes is just one of many who have no sense of Mancunian history and no gratitude for wearing the Manchester United shirt, which would be a dream come true for 99% of schoolkids sick of having a GCSE syllabus shoved down their throats. I could mention carpetbagger Michael Glazer's plundering of the club's assets to feather his six children's nests whilst everyone else has to retrench, the tacky development scheme of Gary Neville, which would dismantle another part of the city's Victorian heritage, and the disgraceful decision to remove Sir Matt Busby's plaque from the director's box.

It's symptomatic of the short-termism which has dominated all aspects of civic life these past forty years, and since you mention miners it's why we're stuck with the new nuclear deal at Hinkley Point, which will see £30 billion of British taxpayers' money flow overseas to fill French and Chinese coffers, when this country has 200 years of coal stocks left.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Thanks Steve, you've just summed up exactly what I was saying:thumb

Scholes - should be grateful for being allowed to be employed by Manchester United and should treat them with more respect

British Coal/The Railways/The Steel industry/Bill Gates etc etc etc should be grateful to their employees for their service and treat them with more respect.
  9. Steve_uk

Well all employees should ideally respect their bosses but it's often hard these days with the culture of short-termism which means they can be sacked at the drop of a hat.
  10. Seen

Seen Moderator

11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland are quickly becoming this season's Aston Villa, and not just because of the lack of points won...

[​IMG]

For FUCKS SAKE, man! :p
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:lol

Was that him accidentally tweeting a message he was supposed to send to someone who runs his Twitter account for him? Or was that sent to him by someone who tells him what to write, and he copied and pasted everything, even the bit at the beginning he wasn't supposed to?
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

It was one or the other, either way it just sums up the modern day footballer doesn't it - fake as fuck, how many of them really care for the club they play for?
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Hope Sunderland pick up for you Seen, i really do. I thought you had a chance with big Sam, bring back the days of Phillips and Quin, like. But we all know you have no chance with Moyes. He's a bigger useless wanker than Rodwell imo.
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland finally win a league game when Rodwell starts!!! Hoorah!
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

Oh wait a minute....

upload_2016-11-5_18-4-22.png
    Kegman likes this.
  17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

:lol Seen

First thing I done when they went 2-1 up was to look if he was playing
    Seen likes this.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Since Rodwell has been out injured, Sunderland have won 4 of their 7 games :p
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I see the run finally came to an end today
    Punter likes this.
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yes, at last!

Genuinely pleased for the lad, as crap as he is, it was one thing a few people mentioning it on the forums, but then it kinda went viral with all the football sites picking up on it, it was all over twitter and the like, can't have been nice or any help to his confidence. It's worked out well though as he's upped his work rate lately so clearly had a point to prove.

Surely Sunderland can't get out of the shit yet again? :eek: