1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Journalists = lying bastards

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So I obviously clicked on it for a laugh and got the headline

Nuri Sahin wants to help Liverpool secure Champions League spot
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So I read the article and got down to the quote

"I am looking forward to playing this season and we will do everything to get into the top four."

Mmmmm. Does that sound to you like he's saying that Liverpool can get into the top four? Or does it sound like he's just saying we will try to do our best?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he genuinely doesn't realise how bad they've actually been.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

5. traeth

traeth Moderator

6. winrew

winrew GILF

Its not lying , just lazy journalism , every paper does it now , along with ITV , and the BBC sites.
    Does your f**king head in mind !
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Punter likes this.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Dittto what Win's say's about it being lazy journalism and all of the news outlets seem to be doing it more and more especially where football is concerened.
    The Manchester Evening news used to be a great read but now it's just full of articles taken from the Internet and reworded, gone are the times I think when a journalist used to get on his bike with notebook and pen looking for a scoop.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

lol, we can! Probably not this season though, though i've nowhere near given up hope yet. We'll be alright, i think we'll finish anywhere between 4th and 6th. I'm actually tempted to take Betvics 8/1 about a top 4 finish for Everton :lookaround

I heard we were being linked with Theo Wallcott at the end of last season and thought no chance will that happen but it hasnt gone away, i know he's more likely to stay at Arsenal or move to City but if we do happen to get him then my expectations will be raised even higher. Either way i'm a happy red no matter what.

Good story about Lucas and his mrs there :lol