1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Kenny Dalglish sacked

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by traeth, May 16, 2012.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Hodgson must be pissing himself. Best thing that ever happened to him. Narrow escape from a mid table club (and a nice pay off to boot) and then into the England job:lol
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Actually, I did post up on another forum that I knew Kenny was going. It was this that convinced me..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18077694

Liverpool: Mark Lawrenson expects Kenny Dalglish to stay

Mark Lawrenson expects Kenny Dalglish to continue as Liverpool manager after the Scot met with the club's owners in the United States.
    Dalglish held talks with owner John W Henry and chairman Tom Werner to give a full report of the Reds' season.
    Continue reading the main story

I'd be very surprised if he'd gone over to Boston and they said they didn't want him. This meeting was always scheduled

Mark Lawrenson
    They won the Carling Cup and reached the FA Cup final but finished eighth in the Premier League.
    "My gut feeling is that he'll be OK in terms of his job," ex-Liverpool player Lawrenson told BBC Radio 5 live.
    "I'd be very surprised if he'd gone over to Boston and they said they didn't want him. This meeting was always scheduled.
    "He has to give a written report on the way the season went. It was always going to be in Boston."
    Dalglish told Fenway Sports Group where he feels the Reds' season went wrong.
    But the manager, who initially took over on a short-term basis in January last year, insisted he would never step aside as long as he believes he is the best man for the job.
    BBC football analyst Lawrenson, who was Dalglish's Anfield team-mate in the 1980s, feels Liverpool's cup success helped the manager's prospects.
    He added: "Maybe they had a conversation asking whether he wanted to continue managing or whether he wanted to go back upstairs where he was before.
    "I can't believe for the life of me that they would say, 'Thank you, but no thank you'.

Lawrenson displaying his usual grasp of football knowledge:lol
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'm surprised tbh. Not over results or anything but its very un-Liverpool, read somewhere its like killing Bambis mother :lol

Take all details out of it, I'm amazed he's been sacked, rather than allowed to walk. doesnt sound great PR :unsure
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Very unlike them. Not like the normal great PR they showed in the "we all support racists" Tshirt fiasco, or the compounding of that by the way they allowed Goofy to compound his sins with the non-handshake against United, or the sacking of Damien Comolli shambles (without even telling Dalgliesh it was happening so the story goes). Or the way they let the senile looking Dalgliesh stand in front of the cameras and do his party trick Walter Mitty impression - blatantly denying what everyone outside Liverpool could clearly see was the truth.

Only a club without proper leadership could have dropped so many bollocks in less than a season. I think the problems run much deeper than Dalgiesh being a tactically inept manager from another era who was well passed his sell-by date. You can't help thinking that the club is being run by clowns.
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Think I agree, though it reads as though KK is carrying the whole Suarez affair. I just cant believe that knowing what he means to the club that theyve sacked him. I know he says its been dignified but they could have taken his job off him far better than that surely :thinking
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

We don't know what went on in the meeting though Swoops. He seems so far removed from reality at times that he probably went in their convinced that he'd won the Champions League instead of the League Cup:lol
  8. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

What did i tell you Punter get on your own manager not SAF!
  9. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

true, & reading your report you quoted it said he wouldnt step aside if he felt he was still the best man for the job.

They asked him to help them out though, ODM, after they sacked Hodgson. Irrelevant to whether he was any good, he deserved better than the sack imo
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Has he been sacked or moved 'Upstairs'? as I'll be very suprised if they just booted him out knowing what he means to the club.

I don't know where Liverpool go from here, first decision I suppose will be British or Foreign.
    I've always thought Oneill would suit the Liverpool job and remember backing him a few yrs back when it was vacant but Benitez got the job instead, can't see him walking out on Sunderland now though.
    Something tells me it will be a foreigner, Capello?
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes you did Yorkie, though i was only joking about SAF! :)

I'm not sure what to think about the sacking just yet, i guess it all depends on who replaces him, an experienced top European name and all will seem justified, some of the names quoted so far though dont impress.
  12. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Any chance Rafa could return?
    He always seemed very popular with the fans and with a new chairman in place who would back him rather than the Gillette/Hicks maybe he could have a better chance now.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Probably not Colbro, though i would rather him than any other in the top 6 of the betting right now.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Can't see it either and he does still lives in the area, and as such it wouldn't suprise me if he went for the Villa job because it's not a million miles away.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Kenny wont manage again Slick.

Edit, oh you meant Rafa lol.I aint with it today :(
  16. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

I thought you was :lol I think getting rid of KK is the best thing, Ive read Rafa might come back you dont want that either, what about Pep or Capello?
  17. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

A typical scouser was interviewed outside Anfailed "You should never go back" he said to the reporter referring to KD, "who do you want to replace him them?" said the Sky man "Benitez"

Anyway I went to Anfield this season, anyone who knows me knows I like a drink and the odd pastry treat, could I get near the bar before or at half time? Could I fuck. I spent zero pence at that horrible ground which had a restricted view and the knee room of a battery chicken farm.
    They must be losing at least 100k per game in beer and pies alone. Unless they build a new stadium and ground share they are doomed to mediocrity. I spend about £15 quid per game at The Etihad .

Did you know that T-Shirt thing for Suarez (who I hear has no future at Pool) was all KD's idea? Awful that he has sullied his reputation
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Liverpool are after Pep Guardiola? In that case, i'm after Jennifer Aniston.

Capello, no thank you.

:lol How old are you Keem, 14? :lol
  19. winrew

winrew GILF

Brendan Rogers it is then , had a glance at a Pool forum , hes not good enough , history , promote inside , top three team , best team in EPL etc etc , sad deluded fools .
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I tend to agree with them Win's, I may be made to eat my words but I don't think he's good enough, It was Martinez that got Swansea playing decent football before he went to Wigan and Rogers just picked up the reins.
    If anybody deserves a shot at the big time it's Martinez, I think Liverpool have dropped a huge bollock, Rogers is straight on my short list for the sack race next season.