1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Kenny Dalglish sacked

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by traeth, May 16, 2012.

1. sin2bad

sin2bad Member

I think this shows where Liverpool are really at. The fans won't give Rodgers a chance, they hounded Hodgson out too, they were against him at the start.

Liverpool are miles away from being a top 4 side.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

We're gonna win the league.
  3. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

:lol maybe next season the championship
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

...you aint joking are ya!

I've got to give him a chance, support him and hope it works out, but it's difficult for me to see us breaking into the top 4 with him.

If it doesnt work out it'll be the owners the fans turn on, not Rodgers. Most of the Liverpool fans i speak to, their general feeling is that Dalglish should have had one more season before assesment, unless a proven, world class manager was available. Rodgers is a huge gamble to the owners, and they know it, so i can only hope they know what they are doing.
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I think hes a good appointment. I think they turned down Steve Clarkes resignation because of this in mind & it was just delayed by him saying 'no' to start with. They are talking on talksport of someone like Louis Van Gaal coming in as DoF, & they even wondered whether Martinez turned it down because of that.
    Having just watched McLeish stand no chance because of the fans, & Hodgson before him, I think the Liverpool fans need to get a grip (as do the Villa fans) & get behind him. If they moan at him for what they would have accepted off Dalglish then they need their heads examining
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

That said, i agree with Punt that the owners don't understand the club at all, Dalglish's sacking proves that :unsure
  7. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Got to disagree with you swoops about Mcleish. He dug his own grave. For me what summed him up was last game of the season against Norwich - no pressure with us being safe - a chance to let his hair down and really go for it and what does he do - starts with 7 defenders in his team. Villa fans were very very patient with Mcleish and gave him every chance. He gave the Villa board no choice with the way he choose to play.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

He certainly didnt do himself any favours mate, but how large do you think the % was that would never give him a chance? i think it was larger than normal & we have a very bad press as supporters recently. Point taken though
  9. Yorkieacer

Tbh punter i think you have a good chance of taking 4th place next season under rodgers you wont be no higher but 4th place will do now as it will be city, utd and chelsea in the top 3 probably in that order as well but Liverpool do imo have a better side than Arsenal and if they lose RVP there in the big shit
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

I dont know Yorkie, i cant see it but i live in hope, 4th would be excellent as like you say the top 3 are already sorted.
  11. Yorkieacer

If i could get 2/1 for Liverpool to finish top 4 next season i would take that
  12. slick

slick Administrator

You've missed out Spurs there Yorkie.
    I've seen enough of Liverpool over the last season to realise when they are up for it they are capable of taking on anybody, it's just a pity that it has to be a top team b4 they decide to get their arse in gear.

Under the right manager Liverpool have it within themselves to be top 4 np's but I don't see Rodgers as that manager, If Hodgson couldn't cut it who's as worldy wisey as they come then what chance does Rodgers have.
  13. Yorkieacer

Tottenham wont finish in the top 5 imo next season have a feeling, Bale, Modric and Defoe will be walking during the summer
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I think Rodgers has a much better chance than Hodgson as surely even the Liverpool fans have to accept times have changed. I think Rodgers has an excellent chance but it wont happen overnight so its down to the fans. Harrys on his way, Spurs wont be the same force IMO