1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Komp aka Kompressaur RIP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 29, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I was informed today that Komp has sadly passed away.

We held back posting earlier because we were hoping the news was wrong but I'm so sorry to say it's true and now been confirmed.

Komp was a one off and a true legend of the Internet from it's beginning especially sports betting and hairy fanny forums.

I've never and never will ever meet anybody like him again and although this day has in the back of my mind been coming for a long time I'm shaken and shocked now that it has happened, I'll gather my thoughts and over the next few weeks gather some Komp classics because there are acres of them.
    I'm in no doubt this thread will grow to the biggest one we have on betnod because everybody knew and has a story about Komp.

In fact if it wasn't for Komp I wouldn't have taken to forums, it was his musings and ramblings on PL that had me in stitches and got me hooked, he hooked Mickeypaul the same way too, It was a pleasure to become his sidekick in those early days.

I'll talk about him a lot more in the days to come as will no doubt plenty of others, tonight I'm just going to raise a glass to him and contemplate the good days.

RIP Komp my friend, you'll be sorely missed.
    God bless your family too.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

RIP the internet's first comedy genius. Man should have been a household name and a rich man but for his self-destruct buttons. There's a fine line between genius and madness and Komp often seemed to straddle it.

I'm not a religious man but I hope he finds the peace he never seemed to find in life.
  3. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

So sad, I loved him, he will never be surpassed. The internet should be at half mast today.
    Jezza and Punter like this.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Sad news indeed.

I loved doing aussiesoccerstats with him - great times.

Pity the poor sod who has to clean out his house mind. Loved the time he drunk his own piss out of the ginger beer bottle. Makes me smile everytime I see a 'ginger' bottle.

RIP Komp.

:beer
  5. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Really sad news to hear. All of us knew Komp at his best and he absolutely made the forums the greatest and at times the most unbelievably hilarious place to be. As Ste (keema) said to me today "he was the internet". I remember finding the old ezboard pl forums back in 2001 or so and clicking around a few threads, soon I discovered a poster called "kompressaur" who had already amassed over 10,000 posts and I was hooked on his crazy yet intelligent ramblings and insights. Some of his threads are legendary. Thailand? The one where he was going to streak at a Scottish match for the forum? GETT1NLOTS vs Kompressaur ultimate champion of the universe tipping contest? These are the best threads of all time.

RIP Komp.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Nice to see you again Jezza.

Lol at the Streaking, I'd forgotten about that, was that as far back as PL being on Ezboard?
    Can you remember what member number you were on PL ezboard, I was 200 and summat and I remember Komp being in double figures, I'm sure he was 20 something so he was a very early member of PL.
  7. keemanan

Ahh the streak, how could we forget that, he was talked out of it at the last minute by the hooker he was seeing at the time (photos were forthcoming) he went missing then for 2 weeks before emerging and confessing to slick that he had spunked the DP server money on drink and weed. My first visit to the PL , after searching for footy betting help, he had been out the night before and got into mither with a bouncer who he stuck the nut on. Where's that Thailand thread ffs
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Lol, like the time he used to piss in cider bottles because he couldn't be arsed going to the toilet and leave them around the house, that was around the same time the social laid a cleaner on for him to tidy up after the cheeky bastard:lol
  9. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

I can't remember which of the forums it was on but it was a long time ago. On the day of the match (after a huge build up) didn't he go suddenly go very quiet but then we were visited by his sister a day or two later. Turned out he had smashed through a couple of bottles of cider before going down to streak and got arrested before getting into the ground? I can't remember 100% wish we could find the thread.

I can't remember what number I was but I remember OddsAgainst owned the place when I first turned up and Komp ruled the roost with weird and crazy yet hilarious threads in General Chat as well as Scottish football betting. Other posters around were the likes of yourself and alan hansen etc. Komp had like 10k+ posts already I am pretty sure.

Another amusing thing komp did, which I sadly have lost, is when a certain other PL member bought the site from OddsAgainst and turned into a complete cnut he went and made a videogame of him. It was like a shoot em up where you were a plane and this guys face kept raining down on you from above like space invaders. If he killed you he said some smarmy comment but everyone you shot him he said something funny in a hilariously ghey style.
  10. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

There was a thread he posted photos of his house/flat anyone remember that? Legendary for all the wrong reasons haha.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ditto.

I think it was Komp's 6000th post party, thread on PL that got me hooked. He was just so funny and posted a lot of interesting stuff too. So many good characters back then and Komp had time for everyone.

This is terrible news.

RIP Komp
    Jezza, slick and keemanan like this.
  12. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

My first thought was a PL thread prank he started about Slick being dead - and wondered if this was another prank

perhaps desperately hoped it was another prank

I guess not and he really is in a better place now

A true genius and also a troubled soul - I guess we all wish we could have said some magic thing to help him

Alas not

RIP Komp

I'll have another beer now in your memory
  13. keemanan

Oddsagainst ran the PL in Ollies absence, he wa sin the army and had no idea how big the place became. Paul Ross got his grubby wee hands on the PL and began to read every private mail sent, Paul Ross was a prick
  14. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

I have to admit I always laughed whenever he referred to one of his women as "the hulk"
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Don't know where it is but I still can't shake the image of his bathtub:lol

Don't know if we'll ever find the Thailand thread but here's a reminder of the rambling gitt

16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Comedy genius

slick and keemanan like this.
  17. keemanan

LOL Live from a caravan in his mums garden, dressed only in a tiger onesie and not even being ironic. I will go to my grave insisting he invented internet being funny inclusive and kind. God bless you crazy bastard
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

"Honestly Stewart I'm back wi ma mum now and I'm not drinking........p a u s e................quite as much".
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

People would literally kill to spend a week being as funny as what came naturally to him.
  20. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Another Vid of him on youtube - cooking :lol

Jezza likes this.