1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Komp aka Kompressaur RIP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Id never seen or heard of El Camino del Rey until Komp posted a video up. I remember holding on to the armchair watching it for the first time....

Always trying to bring the forum interesting stuff.
    slick likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Come on Punt, even Howson knows Komp was 'El Camino del Rey' !
    Punter likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Get's me every time I listen this because it sounds so personal, miss you too Mucka!!

Jezza likes this.
  4. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Well just thought I would pop in for my usual six monthly or so post, just read the thread RIP Komp you crazy dude many nights I spent up speaking to him about random shite
    Punter likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Hi Yorkie, good to see you again mate, how's tricks?

You've just reminded me I need to get in touch with Komps sister Lian to get his foundation website off the ground.
  6. Yorkieacer

All good slick Kept myself off betting forums for a long time now and concentrated spending my time on my children and my wife.

How's everyone on here? Busy on here or quiet? Seems like forums have died quite a bit unfortunately :(
    Punter likes this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Same old Yorkie but we keep going because we're too old in the tooth to do twitter or Instagram and the like, this way we know the score so to speak.

Good to see you've sorted yourself out and have settled down to be a family man, you were very short odds against that when news first broke the misses was expecting lol.

How many kids have you got now and what are the ages?
  8. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Good to hear from you again Yorkie

Stay well and stay healthy :thumb
  9. Yorkieacer

3 now slick 11,4 and 1 the youngest two are with my wife so I've concentrated on them the last few years I do still have a mad holiday every year though to let some steak off

Yeah I've got twitter but I rarely go on barely on any social media now a days to busy for all that

Cheers colbro and you
  10. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Hi Doc, good to see you are doing ok and to see you post in this thread mate. I don't really play poker much these days (and certainly not online) - stopped several years ago now. Always had a ton of respect for you and your analysis of anything to do with gambling. Just that I wanted to be a big shot in no limit games and couldn't hack the fixed limit :embarassed. Do you have a website or anything these days?

Yes it is a shame that it takes something like this to bring people together but as you say that is the way of life, and it is good to see all the old usernames in this thread remembering Komp.

If there is one betting event every year that makes me think of Komp and all the old crew its Eurovision. I have not had a winner up since 2003 yet I go in big time every year :frown.

Also with the World Cup coming later this year was there not a pub manager on the forums who during the 2002 tournament put the weekend takings on Italy to beat South Korea? I can't remember the username but do remember how that one turned out :roll..
    Punter and slick like this.