1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Komp aka Kompressaur RIP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 29, 2017.

1. fcbasher

fcbasher Member

I'd first heard of Ross's passing a while ago when I first saw this thread,it was'nt long after i'd spoken to him on twitter.Could'nt find the words to say then as I felt quite numb.Its even difficult to write these words now.I use to say to myself make time and go and see him one day,but alas i never did.He had such a powerful personality I was drawn towards him when we first crossed paths all them years ago.I always wished great things for him in hes life,for me he was truly a great person and a wonderful human begin.
    slick and Punter like this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Hi Basher, good to hear from you mate.

Powerful personality is an understatement lol, I've never met anybody like him and daresay ever will again, don't know whether that's a good or bad thing:lol
    fcbasher likes this.
  3. fcbasher

fcbasher Member

Hi Slick,yes,hes was definitely different,and not like anyone I know,but he loved some of the things we love,music , betting and a beer etc.He once described me as Mickey (only fools and horses) but with abit more savvy :lol
    slick likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

He loved a lot of things and his brain was as sharp as a pin, he could pull facts, figures, words, songs, names, dates, anything out of thin air, I think that's why he could post like a mad man because he never had to look anything up, and when he did he never forgot it.
    Whereas most of us struggle to remember what happened last week.
    fcbasher likes this.
  5. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder New Member

Very late, but very sorry to hear about Komp's passing (purely by chance saw an article on Google and recognised the name).
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Thanks Bob for your kind regards:thumb
  7. bluek

bluek New Member

Fcuking hell. Just having a glass of red and thinking about Slick and komp, put it in google and here i am.

I raise a glass to his memory and hope you other old sods are all well. I'll spend the rest of the night pi55ing myself reading this thread.

RIP you crazy fcuker.
    Punter and Jezza like this.
  8. bluek

bluek New Member

Just spent a melancholic hour reading through this. My personal highlights are 'Slick is dead', we forgave him so quickly.
    The streaking at the match - the pictures of him in his tutu, before he bottled, wisely. The %username% apologises thread. I was so fcuking mad i logged out, and the ruse was revealed.
    When i first found forums in 2001, komp and slick were the first to welcome me, and my then username bluekinkladze. Great fellas. Good times.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Good to see you again Kinky, hope you and yours are fine:thumb
    Crazy times indeed and amazing where those twenty odd years went, I felt like young kid when I first started posting and now I'm an old bastard:lol

Komp indeed was a one off thankfully and his antics never ceased to amaze me, what was that hotel called where we used to all meet up online with those little characters and take the piss out of the residents:lol
    I remember Komp buying a bachelor pad and we used to go to his room and chat like we were really there lol, he even spent money furnishing the fcuker.
  10. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Haha Slick I had forgotton about that - Habbo Hotel.

Think me and mickey paul blocked the entrance to the dancefloor in the nightclub one night just kind of standing in the way. Everyone had these weird bunny ears? :lol
    bluek likes this.
  11. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Good to see you bluekinkladze, hope you are doing well. Nice to see people posting memories in this thread
    bluek likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Habbo, that was it lol, forgot about the bunny ears and dancefloor :lol
    I do remember Toshibakid (or was it you kinky) sitting down at table trying to chat a wee lady up and me coming over and fcuking it up for them, can't remember what it was I said but he took it personally and took the huff with me:lol

Didn't the dancefloor have two sets of stairs leading to it and you two just stood in the way blocking them at either side:lol
    bluek likes this.
  13. bluek

bluek New Member

Lol. Habbo Hotel, jesus wept.What happened to christa, welshgarth & chem? I'm good fellas, hope you are all too. Im now a grandad, he was born at 26 weeks on April 12th and weighed 900 grams. Fortunately hes a fighter like his nana :rollAnother memory came to me earlier, when komp was teaching his nephew to play poker and the spunky little man came 2nd in a tourny. I was howling.
    Jezza likes this.
  14. bluek

bluek New Member

I must ask,Winrew. Are you well you old fcuker?
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'll own a racehorse one day, i really will, and i swear i'll name it Kompressaur.

He'd be called 'Komp' about the yard.

My next racehorses would be called 'The girl i potatoed' and 'The man that makes the bookies shit in their pants'
    rcgills, Kegman and Jezza like this.
  16. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Doesn't take much for that these days mate. Skybet, Paddy, Boyles, Unibet none of these will take bets from me now. I'm not anything special betting wise, they are just a disgrace now.
    Punter likes this.