1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Komp aka Kompressaur RIP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Beanie

Beanie Member

After the culmination of another Eurovision betting season last night I found myself thinking back through where my specials betting interest all started and the days of TDP, which led me back to Betnod and this thread. Sorry to read this news and thoughts still with those who knew him personally - hope you are all well.

I still remember some of the great TDP threads and the streaking sticks in my mind - he went quiet on the evening of the game, and during the radio commentary the commentators starting describing an 'incident'. For a few brief seconds we were all convinced he had done it....only for it to turn out that he had got pissed and missed the game entirely :lol

I was still at uni in the early TDP days, and remember many a Eurovision build up staying up late discussing the finer points of the Belarussian staging or the Georgian rehearsal vocals with Komp, Mickey and Gavster when I should have been revising. Beautiful, wasted days that I still think back to fondly. I'll raise a glass for him at next years contest - truly one of a kind.
    ONEDUNME, Seen, slick and 4 others like this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Hi Beanie, good to see you again mate.

I'm pretty sure the streaking was actually on PL but it was a great laff nevertheless and none of us would have been surprised if the barmy bugger had done it:lol

I think Komp crossed all our minds at one time or another while watching Eurovision because it did become one of the highlights of TDP due to him.
    Jezza likes this.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nice one Beanie. I think we all think about the barmy bastard at some time or another, whether it be Eurovision related or something else. I was lucky enough to have met the bloke twice and he was every bit as crazy and unpredictable and charismatic in real life as he was on the net. Bless him:)