1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I think it's the best series of BCS yet RC, it's a brilliant piece of scriptwriting and inching towards BB with every episode.
    You don't have to watch the previous episode of the last series because it soon fills in the blanks within the first 15 mins of the new series.

Unlike Bosch which also has a new series out but takes forever before you remember what went on in the last series, still a great watch nonetheless.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Agree with Chuck lol, he's a cnut but very hard not to like.
    The last episode when they were in court was probably the best of the whole series.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

Didn't realise Michael McKean was the guy out of Spinal Tap :eek:

4. slick

slick Administrator

I'm taking it you've both watched BB like Seen mentions?
    Otherwise it would be very hard to follow.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

:lol
    Never would have guessed that in a million yrs.
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Yes, we've both watched BB. I think someone who hadn't seen BB could still enjoy BCS, but I definitely don't think they'd get as much out of it.

Part of what gets you hooked with BCS is that you know (to a certain extent) how things are going to turn out, but you don't know how they're going to get there. What's it going to take to finally make Jimmy McGill become Saul Goodman? What happens with Chuck and Kim - no sign of them in BB, what happens to take them out of the story between now and the events of BB? Presumably whatever it is will be a factor in Jimmy becoming Saul, seeing as they're probably the only two people keeping him in check to a certain degree. What's going to happen to Hector to put him in the wheelchair?

Very different pace to BB, still just as compelling though. And like you say Slick, that last episode where Chuck is trying to get Jimmy struck off is probably one of the best of the series, and it's got no relation to the world of BB at all, that episode is pure BCS. I'd probably say it's my 2nd favourite episode, the best for me is the one in series 1 where we get the backstory about Mike and his son.
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I knew he was in it, but have only seen Spinal Tap once, years ago, would never have recognised him.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

It's a lot slower pace than BB but but I like the way the BB characters are being introduced slowly one by one.
    You say the last episode has no relation to BB, watch it again and you'll see a new character or two being introduced slowly into BCS from BB.

It's this ticking over of all things leading up to the first episode of BB that has me enthralled.
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Ok, was maybe a bit of an exaggeration to say it has nothing to do with BB, I know some BB characters are there (I guessed he was coming when the vet asked if he needed to fit into any tight spaces :lol).

But what I meant was that the episode is dominated by a storyline that's been building up over the seasons in BCS. Nothing of Mike, Fring, etc. Obviously it does relate to BB in that it's all part of what leads Jimmy to become Saul, but Jimmy vs Chuck is very much a BCS issue rather than a BB one.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Yeah I see what you mean, it's very clever isn't it.

Anybody watch 'Three Girls' this week?

I have a lot of views on this but can't air 99% of them because we're a public forum, suppose it's a bit like the police investigating the case, they know what's going on but can't say or do fcukall because the PC brigade have tied us up in knots.

I know what I'd do..after giving the dirty cnuts a good hiding that is.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

That's just reminded me, I believe Peter Kay is working on a third series of Phoenix nights, about time too.
    Punter likes this.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

I deliberately didn't watch 'Three Girls' this week. My mrs has, but i cant. I cant have tv that makes me rage or that makes me sad, anymore.
    It probably came too soon after Little Boy Blue for me. I think i'd probably kick the tv in watching Three Girls straight after.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Well after 'Three Girls' I watched the first episode of 'Little boy blue', I'll watch the rest over the weekend.
    If anything I can relate to LBB because I've lived amongst scum like that and not so long ago nearly became a Big Boy Blue, whereas those fcukers on Three Girls had no excuse to do what they did apart from wanting to abuse 'Kafir' because they believe it's their right, just like they did to the Yazidis in Syria.
    I don't even think they are paedos, they are just going for the weakest and easiest to manipulate 'Kafir' in the UK and getting away with it because they can using our racial laws as a cover.
    Just like a river takes the easiest route to the sea so do these dirty cnuts, It's a lot more easier to manipulate a child than somebody whose older and streetwise.

It's not a racial thing but a religious one, all these fcukers are muslim, they don't all come from one country and aren't even the same colour, they are tied together by Islam. A religion that these sick bastards are using as an excuse to do what the fcuk they like to anybody that isn't one of them because in their little mind they are allowed to, usually from a country with a long name that ends in 'an' or a new African Islamic republic.

They ain't all the same because I know a lot of Muslims that are as sickened by this as much as I am, but there are pockets of them around the UK that mix together all of the same mindset, these are the bastards that need to be sent packing.
    Whereas at the moment they are just laughing at us.
    Punter and Steve_uk like this.
  14. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

A shocking indictment of modern society which still tolerates an underclass and keeps its distance from it, shocking that girls can be so starved of affection they fall into the arms of sexual predators, shocking that some are unwittingly drawn in to become semi-autonomously complicit in the abuse as every organ of the state fails them, with no accountability at any stage.
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Punter likes this.
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Have you had episode 8 of Better Call Saul yet over there? Watched it over here tonight, then went to read the online reviews afterwards, and it seems that apparently it's not actually aired yet in the US, due to Memorial Day, they just screened repeats, and will be screening episode 8 next week. No idea why or how Spanish TV managed to get hold of it this week if that's the case.
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Anyone seen episode 9 of Better Call Saul yet? Something that's bugging me from that, although I'll put it as a spoiler in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. Not that it's really a major part of the storyline, but anyway.

How is Jimmy back doing the bingo at Sandpiper again? They know he was the lawyer that uncovered the case against them, they blocked him from speaking to their residents, and they threw him out when he was trying to find out what papers they were shredding. Surely they'd have recognised him and prevented him from going back there?
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yeah, that did cross my mind too, rc...a bit odd, especially as the writers always pay so much attention to detail.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

I'd forgot all about that RC mainly due to watching BCS on a Saturday night when I'm half cut probably.
    I've noticed Saul doing quite a few things that I think he shouldn't be doing since the court case with Chuck and that was the only thing that crossed my mind when I saw him on the Sandpiper case again because I thought he'd had his wings clipped for 12 months.

I just go with the flow though because BCS is becoming a classic in its own right.
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Presumably they were pretty confident there's going to be a season 4, because they've left pretty much everything hanging there at the end of season 3.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Most definitely RC, after series 1 and 2 on the low burner it was like a test series waiting to merge with BB but it's turned into a great series of its own.
    You could now watch BCS and enjoy without ever having watched BB, you couldn't have said that from the onset because it looked so one dimensional.

Producers deserve a big pat on the back for having pulled this one off.