1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

New series of Still Game starts tonight, not watched it yet but managed to tape it.
    One of the best comedy series ever.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Still game's been excellent as ever, script writer deserves a medal because I've never seen a bad episode yet.

I'm off work this week so have been giving Kodi a bit of a hammering over the weekend, Just finished watching the first series of 'Money Heist', it's about the perfect Bank robbery and very compulsive viewing.
    It's Spanish with Subtitles but don't let that put you off, best TV series so far this year imo.
    Punter likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Heard lots of good things about Still Game, without seeing an episode yet.
    Been watching a few things on Netflix lately. Annihilation was a load of bollocks and so is Danny Dyers 'Real Football Factories'.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I'd skip anything with Danny Dyer in, never seen anybody suffer small man syndrome as much as him.

If you watch 'Still Game' Punt you need to watch it from the beginning, Episode1 starts of a bit corny while you get to know the characters but once you do it's fantastic belly laughing episodes one after the other, with a few Christmas specials to boot.
    Punter likes this.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

New (and final) season of The Americans has started, Slick. First episode back was excellent, shame it's finishing but at least they'll be able to wrap things up.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I've not seen the last series yet seen, started watching it but it was still on going so left it until a time I can watch the lot.
    Might leave it now for a double whammy over the Summer holidays.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

The 'Money Heist' was great, so much so I even signed up with Netflix to watch the second series because it wasn't out on Kodi yet lol.
    There were a few moments in the 2nd series that seemed a bit far fetched but overall I highly recommend it.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

Just finished season two of Sneaky Pete, a crime drama with a superb cast. Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread previously, but it's well worth a watch.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

That's on my 'to watch' list seen.
    Saw the original trailer when I presume Sneaky Pete knocks on somebody door claiming to be their son and I thought this looks interesting, I've just remembered I started watching the first episode but can't recall why I turned it off, I'm pretty sure I was watching something else at the time or kodi was fcuking up and turned it off with the intention of going back to it.

I'll definitely give it a go.
  10. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yeah, I think you'll like it, really well acted throughout and has just been renewed for a 3rd season.

The Money Heist has got good reviews but I'm not going to be able to watch it as Mrs Seen refuses to watch anything with subtitles :ohwell
  11. slick

slick Administrator

There's also a dubbed version Seen:thumb
    I didn't realise that until half way through the first series.
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

If that's the case I'll see if I can get it on the torrent sites :thumb
  13. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

I'm sorry if someone already mentioned it.. I haven't read back but... The Leftovers is one of the best shows I've ever seen. If you liked Lost.... then you'll probably love it. It's utterly compelling from start to finish I thought. Thought provoking... emotional... intense... weird... ambiguous? Superb acting, directing, music.... loved it.
  14. MickeyPaul

I also started watching something that... is kinda shite and I get embarrassed when I recommend it but... I've been enjoying it. Agents Of SHIELD :( I loved the Stargate shows and it's a lot like those. I KNOW YA CUNT! I know. It's not highbrow or deep or interesting but... it's just kinda entertaining. If you have kids... check it out. Especially daughters. It's very "Girl Power!". Yay!
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

You only had to go back one page, man :) I loved it, everything about it was fantastic, and I don't usually like those kind of shows.

Seen said: ↑
    Currently watching 'The Leftovers', which is a really interesting and well made show.

~~~~~

I've watched the first 6 episodes and am really enjoying it, quite a slow burn (a bit like The Americans) but I would say definitely worth having another go, mate. Apparently the show gets better as it progresses, the review scores from Metacritic are...

65 - season 1
    80 - season 2
    98 - season 3

...it was the glowing reviews for season 3 that got me interested in the first place.

~~~~~

Just finished the 3rd and final season of The Leftovers. It was some ride.

Admittedly there were times when I didn't have a clue what the fuck was going on, although I guess that's no surprise for a show from the same guy who created Lost. I'm not usually keen on shows with supernatural / mystical themes but this was very different as much of it is left ambiguous and for the viewer to decide upon. Fantastic acting throughout, especially from the impressive Carrie Coon.
  16. MickeyPaul

Seen! I knew you were smart and funny but... The Leftovers wasn't something I thought you'd be watching. I managed to get a Scottish celebrity watching it too and by the end he said "That was perfect." It's fucking class.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

I watched Godless over the weekend which was pretty good, it's a western but not your usual cowie and Indian western about a badass who's next port of call is town full of women who have lost all their men due to a mining disaster.
    It's pretty graphic and not half as daft as it sounds.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Killing Eve has been getting good reviews. Watched the first episode last night and it was quite decent.

upload_2018-4-30_23-16-6.png
  19. MickeyPaul

I just binged "The Terror" :( I couldn't stop. Absolutely loved it. It's horrifying in that... a lot of what happens is probably how it went down in reality. It's based on a real expedition but if you want to avoid spoilers; don't look it up. Everyone dies. The ships were lost. Found again in 2008. Didnae take long.

Blows my mind imagining young fuckers 100+ years ago signing up to go to the fucking ARCTIC! "We don't have a TV or a PC or a Playstation.... let's wander the fucking Arctic and most likely die!" "I hear Blackheath have just started up a football team?" "Football! lol It'lll never take off mate... to the Arctic we go!"
  20. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Currently on Episode 3, enjoying it