1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

Watched the first two episodes of season 2 so far and it's very enjoyable.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Finished season two of Ozark now. While it wasn't quite as good as season one, i still loved it and Julia Garner is my new favourite actress.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Finished it last night and Ditto Punt, I thoroughly enjoyed it but it was like they were trying to pack too much in and ended up not knowing which way to go with it, so some of the story lines ended up being stupid when it would have been better just leaving them open for a future series maybe, prime example being...

SPOILER ALERT
    When Ruths father was given half a million dollars, ambushed then shot and left in the road, why not just shoot him in the first place and why leave the body in the road when they have been disposing of them all through the series.
    Better to have just let Cade disappear into the distance and maybe bring him back one day.
    Same with Masons baby, that story line was only going to go one way but just handing it over to Darlene on a whim with nobody batting an eyelid was ridiculous.
    There was plenty more examples like that because they had too much going on and not enough hrs to fit it all into the series rather than letting it role over into the next.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I agree, the whole Mason baby story was very poor tbf. I found it really annoying. Also the way they finished off the main FBI agent could of been done better, but other than that i really enjoyed it.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Anybody else struggling with better call Saul?
    Since Chuck died the series seems to have lost its way and become a drawn out saga of nothingness, I find myself watching it but easily distracted by thoughts like what colour bins need putting out in the morning, I really hope it picks up soon.
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

slick and rcgills like this.
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I know what you mean. It's always been a bit of a slow-burner, but this one has dragged a bit. Not sure whether maybe it's the fact that there are now so many references to the world of Breaking Bad that it makes the different pace compared to BB that much more striking? One episode to go, but with a 5th series already confirmed, there's not really any need for them to go out with a bang in the final episode.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

Just finished Season 1 of Money Heist, Slick. Watched the dubbed version, really enjoyed it even if the acting seemed a little over the top at times. Will start Season 2 later in the week.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Pretty much the same, it's slightly over the top but a great watch.
    My brother started watching it and was about 7 episodes in before he realised there was a dubbed version instead of subs so he started to watch them, he said he had to switch back to the subs because he couldn't get used to the new voices:lol
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Why wasn't there a spoiler alert about chuck ?

Fuck sake - i need to get back into watching tv series again.

I was enjoying Saul and also The Americans (still only half way through first series) but stopped. I've watched first 2 episodes of Ozark and it looks ok.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Soz Mucka.
    I'd like to make a feeble excuse as to why he's not dead and explain what I really meant but can't think of any:lol
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Ozark was ok too until Marty got crushed in that Buffalo accident.
    Kegman, Punter and Seen like this.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Season 3 of Ozark now confirmed on Netflix. Not sure where they can go with it tbh?
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Dunno, probably another dodgy affair like an illegal mobile library.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

I've just read the 'Haunting of Hill House' starts tonight on Netflix, it seems to get rave reviews so I'm posting it in here because I'll be that pissed later on I'll forget all about the bastard by tomorrow.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Started watching 'Haunting of Hill house', I've only watched two episodes to date and it's a bit of a slow burner as you get to know the characters but it looks to have potential so I'll keep watching.
    Not shite my pants yet though as the reviews will have you believe, maybe they will come later lol.
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm going to start it tomorrow, not usually a fan of horror-type films and tv shows but this one sounds a bit different so will give it a go.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

I'm upto episode 8 now, It's not bad I suppose but it does seem to drag on a bit as if their struggling to fill out a 10 episode slot.
    It would have packed more of a punch it they would have shortened it to about 6 or 7 episodes, I don't actually think it would make any difference if they told the story chronologically instead of keep going back in time, it would certainly make it a lot easier to follow.

I watched a film called 'Calibre' over the weekend too which was pretty good.
    It's about two mates who go to the Scottish Highlands to hunt and set base in a little remote Scottish village, while hunting something disastrous occurs and the two lads try to cover their tracks and make a hasty escape but things don't quite go to plan.
    It's not a horror but a solid tense thriller that keeps you glued to the screen throughout.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

I downloaded Calibre last month but have yet to get round to watch it.

Can't remember if I mentioned it on here previously but Upgrade is a decent film, not too serious but an enjoyable romp.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Calibre is on Netfix Seen, I downloaded it, saw Netflix on the title screen then turned it off and watched it on Netflix for the better quality.

I'll keep an eye out for 'Upgrade'