1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

What are you using to download Seen?
    I'm asking because I've just auto bastard renewed a NZB subscription which I forgot to cancel, it has 50 connections so you're more than welcome to use it.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

I just use BitTorrent, and get my films and TV shows from https://zooqle.com/

I only download 2 or 3 things a week now as I now have Netflix so wouldn't need the NZB sub but thanks for the offer, mate. Luckily I've been able to use torrents for years without reprisals from my ISP (BT), I know some people have problems.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Fair enough mate.

I've changed my mind about 'Better Call Saul, I watched the last 4 on the bounce last night and thought it was fantastic now Saul has got away from flogging phones and the story went back on track, more so as the story concentrated more on Mike and the Salamancas.
    The last scene of the series was brilliant and Saul was at his fantastic best with his tear jerking story and Kims reaction outside the meeting as Saul showed his true colours:lol
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

The Mrs gave up on it 4 episodes into the series, but decided to give it another go last weekend, so watched the last 6 episodes again with her over the course of the weekend.
    I was quite surprised at how storylines that seemed to move pretty slowly when watching one episode a week (the Germans building the lab, for example) didn't seem anywhere near as dragged out when watching the episodes one after another.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

It's a great show, although as I've said before, you do wonder how it would be for people who haven't seen Breaking Bad. The fact that we know what the future holds for these characters (well, most of them anyway - does Kim just leave Jimmy's life or does she die? :eek:) surely makes the show far more relatable and understandable. I guess it would be too much of a slow-burn for many non-BB viewers.

For example, in BB we know Gus has the lab built but we know nothing of it's backstory. Now, watching BCS, we can see the huge amount of time and effort put in by Gus and Mike to get it built in secret, how meticulously it was planned out and all of the problems along the way. Now we know just why Mike was so massively pissed at Walt when he brought it all crashing down -

"We had a good thing, you stupid son of a bitch! We had Fring. We had a lab. We had everything we needed, and it all ran like clockwork. You could've shut your mouth, cooked and made as much money as you ever needed. It was perfect. But, no, you just had to blow it up. You and your pride and your ego! You just had to be the man. If you'd done your job, known your place, we'd all be fine right now."

I just think that had I not watched BB I'd be thinking that "this lab building is a bit of a drag", because the importance and impact of it would become massive, yet we're probably not even going to see it in use in BCS.

It was also great to see how Hector got to be in his wheelchair and how Kim is slowly realising that Jimmy is not going to be good for her to stick around with, as he will never truly leave his Slippin' Jimmy ways behind.
    slick likes this.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Just finished both series of Ozark and thought it was pretty good.

Why wasn't the attempted robbery of the undertakers investigated - surely Marty would have realised it was an inside job and hung Ruth (especially as she had borrowed the keys) out to dry but instead he hands over everything to her and shows her where the $$$$$ are kept
    slick and Punter like this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Yeah, thought pretty much the same thing myself.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I watched 'The Nun' and 'Searching' last weekend and really wouldn't recommend either no matter how good the reviews say they are, both pretentious piles of shite, The Nun has been done a thousand times before and a lot better whilst 'Searching' tries to put a new slant on a 'Whodunnit' but is so poorly produced and corny it's laughable.

Things are that bad on the film front I'm currently downloading the planet of apes series of films because I've never seen them before and the last two are in 3D, may as well get some use out of my telly and blow the dust off the 3D specs. At least if the films are shit they'll have some novelty value.
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

3D tv never really took off although i can remember watching the masters in 3d and the pictures were fucking amazing.

The only other thing worth watching i thought was the darts. I can remember my kids jumping as they thought the darts were coming out of the tv.

I watched the Outlaw King the other night - was ok. Some cracking special effects with some of the battle scenes - really quite realistic (although I've never saw a horse running into battle and getting speared in real life)
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Was the Outlaw king in 3D?

You're right in that in never took off, shame really because the clarity of a 3D movie looks so smooth compared to HD even though the resolution is less:thinking
    Some of the animated movies are fantastic in 3D, it's just a pit they are few and far between.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

No - it's on Netflix. It's the story of Robert the Bruce.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

So It's in the fiction section:wink
    Kegman likes this.
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Aye - you could say that. It's not as passionate as Braveheart but it is along the same lines.

A few historians have already argued about some of the events being wrong.

It's easy viewing and worth a watch.
    slick likes this.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Have you watched Black Mirror Bandersnatch Seen?
    I should have known better but after reading the rave reviews I thought I'd give it a bash, Maybe it's just me and this whole black mirror thing but I thought it was gash.
    For those that don't know it's an interactive movie (a bit like those old video games where you have options to 'go east' 'pick up stick' etc etc) It was interesting for around 20 mins then it just got a bit repetitive and I found myself going round in circles.
    The film is supposed to have multiple endings but one would have done me because I couldn't get to the end of the bastard, in the end I just switched it off.
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

:lol

I think it's a bit like marmite, people are gonna either love it or hate it. Having said that, I thought it was good but not great. I've only watched it once though, to be able to have a strong opinion I think you need to watch it at least twice, maybe more. I'm too busy for that and have already googled all the endings :p

The endings weren't diverse enough for me, I think they could have made it much better by going off in completely different directions, which it doesn't really.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Once is enough for me Seen never mind two or three times lol.

Best watch over Christmas in the Slick household believe it or not was 'Bros's reunion' on the Beeb:lol
    It was brilliant, a real life Spinal Tap, totally unintentional but funny as fcuk when you hear some of the shit they come out with.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Had to google what it was called and It's 'After the screaming stops'.
    Just watch it, never in a million years would I have watched it had I not caught it flicking through the channels when there was nothing on, It'll be the best laugh you've had in ages.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Watched it a couple of days ago, agree that it was hilarious. One of them clearly has mental problems (it's highly likely that he's never ever used that chess board, or the 'conversation corner' :lol) and the other (the drummer) is still hung up on being the 'ugly' twin and the fact that his brother was always the one getting all the attention.

Just another example of how achieving fame at a young age can fuck you right up.

Having said that, they both seem nice enough lads, I thought they would come across as right arseholes.
  19. winrew

winrew GILF

Watched it , loads of jaw dropping moments.
    Really enjoyed it, part of me felt really sorry for the pair of them.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Anybody watched, I Daniel Blake?

Me and the mrs are thinking of watching it tomorrow night.