1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I've Seen it Punt and it's a good British melodrama, quite downbeat at times but littered with funny moments.
    I'd recommend putting the Kleenex next to the Mrs, I'm not saying it's sad just that you might fancy a wank during the dull bits:lol
    Punter and Seen like this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Anybody watched 'Abducted in plain sight' on Netflix:eek
    I need to have a sleep on this before posting anything because I don't believe what I've just seen.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

To wrap it up in a nutshell...

New family move into town and become good buddies with a similar family living there.
    Father of New family is a paedo and has eyes on the other family's 12 yr old daughter.
    Father of New family has affair with 12 yr old's mother to get at daughter.
    Father of New family gets Father of 12 yr old to wank him off while out driving one day to get at Daughter.
    Father of new family say's he has problems (no shit sherlock) and his psychologist suggests to overcome them he has to sleep with the 12 yr old.
    The other family fall for this bollocks and let him kip with their daughter for a few months.
    Nut job kidnaps daughter and fcuks off to Mexico in a charabanc.

I have to go cause Taxis here but that's not half of it:cold
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

That's sounds pretty fucked up.
    Almost as fucked up as what i've been watching.
    I'm currently on season 1, episode 6 of Sunderland til i die.
    slick and winrew like this.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

:lol
    Punter likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Interesting watch this Seen. What's the thought's on the new owner?
    I was glad to see Chairman Martin Bain go. Thought he just sat there and did nothing.
    Good to see you going well and looking like strong promotion candidates this season.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I believe it's excellent Punt, it's on my to watch list next time I'm off work.
    Watched a trailer for the new Bert Troutman movie today, that also looks pretty good.

Punter likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, i'll be looking out for that too :thumb
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I started watching BB again over the weekend while in my sickbed.
    It's moving at a much slower pace than I seem to remember, which is not a bad thing really as I'm taking much more in and cross referencing it to BCS, I had to laugh where in one episode of series one Jesse gave Walt a new PAYG phone and said you'll need a second phone, I thought I know where that came from lol.

I'd also forgot what an utter bastard Tuco was compared to an early Tuco who could be reasoned with in BCS, drugs really have fcuked his brain lol.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Hello everyone, my name is ODM. Pleased to meet you all.

I've rarely got involved with this thread because I don't have Netflix or a dodgy box (well I did have one but it was shite) and I don't have the kind of equipment that Slick has that Jodrell Bank would be proud of to enable me to tune into the set and watch series as they are actually filming them.

However, I have dragged myself into the 21st century and now have access to Netflix so I've been through this entire thread and made a snapshot of all the stuff that you have all recommended with a view to watching some of it. The fly in the ointment is that I consistently run at around 5% free on my sky and the Cheltenham festival is this week but I'll do my best and I'll no doubt be pestering you with questions along the way.

The first think I have to say is that I came across a think called "After Life" by Ricky Gervais. I'm not a fan of his sitcom stuff but I loved this. As a warning, I have to say that the reason was possibly because everything he said was what is actually happening inside my head every day:lol. So it you're not naturally a miserable bastard or don't like dry, deadpan or sarcastic humor then it's probably not for you. I watched them (6) all in one sitting.

Anyway, here's a list of what I've gleaned so far from this thread. Feel free to update me with your latest thoughts if you've changed your mind along the way. For example, "Lost" was held up as the greatest TV show since the world began but it turns out that it was just a complete and utter load of fucking camel shit and everyone who watched it had, effectively, wasted a large chunk of their lives. I don't generally like stupid shit that can never happen (there are exceptions). I don't like stupid Zombie films or creatures from another planet type shit unless it's done well.

The best series I've ever seen on TV are Dexter and Breaking Bad and I did like the two series of Better Call Saul that I've seen so far. I am at least in good company in that regard and I'm looking forward to working with you all in a joint effort to improve my viewing experience.

There will now follow a list of shows that I intend to try to find.

Thank you for your time
    slick likes this.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Before I start my list, I want to say that I'm looking for a film called "The monument men". I have a Sky Movies subscription but for this particular movie they require me to pay another £3.50 which I consider a complete and utter pisstake which is why I will be ringing them up this week and telling them to shove their subscription up their collecting fucking arse holes. I'll try to get it on my dodby Kodi box thing but it hasn't been updated for a couple of years so I'll be looking for a free version.

As a side topic (as if I don't ramble enough) I need a new computer. Where do you all get yours from?

Here's my list to watch so far -as a reminder to myself. As you can see, there are more things there than I am ever going to live to see so I'll be aiming for the low hanging fruit first, the stuff on netflix or sky rather than downloading stuff or going on pirate sites.

If you can give your recommendations and point to where I can find them (i.e Netflix) I'd appreciate it. I've just had an Amazon Prime 30 day trial and was disappointed with what was on offer so cancelled it. If some of these are on AP I'll mark them up to watch next year when I get another free trial and may extend it but for now, I've got plenty to be going on with.

Films
    American Sniper (I know, I'm really not one for keeping up to date with new stuff!)
    A Lonely Place to Die
    Killer Joe
    Argo
    Wild Bill
    Robot and Frank
    Parental Guidance
    Lone Survivor
    Time Lapse
    Triangle
    American Splendor
    Hacksaw Ridge
    Calibre

Series
    You (Netflix) Started watching this yesterday and am on episode 3. Has the feel of a Dexter-like show but obviously not as good

Big Mouth - watched first one and it looks funny
    Ozark
    Banshee (is this netflix? Can't find it)
    Bosch - can't find this on netflix or sky
    Making a murderer
    The Americans (can't find it)
    Black Mirror
    The Wire
    Sneaky Pete
    Godless
    The Terror
    The Staircase

Possibles
    The Leftovers - doesn't really appeal to me to be honest
    The Killing
    Borgen
    The last man on earth
    Money Heist
    Humans

Series that have been mentioned that I have watched
    BB
    BCS
    Fargo
    True Detectives (watched series 1 and 3 but fucked 2 off because it was hard work trying to understand the mumbling - terrible)
    Mad Men
    Killing Eve
    Sick Note
    Who is America
    Start up - watched the first 2 series and I agree with Slick, I liked it

Series I have tried and ditched
    Fortitude - Watched 2 series and fucked it off. Stupid
    Homeland - Again, watched a couple of series. Got very very bored with it
    Topdog likes this.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Seen - have you tried Paradise PD on Netflix?
  13. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Loved Godless
  14. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

'After Life' was brilliant. It had me laughing and crying. Very true and like you I could relate to a lot of it.

You need to get set up with an IPTV subscription. It works from an app on the amazon firestick. Various folk will sell you it as there are losds out there.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

How much Keggers?
  16. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

A firestick will cost you £30 and an IPTV subscription will be anything from £40-£70 depending on who you get it from.

I was unsure at first so only bought it for a month at a time but it's been great. As long as you've got a decent internet then you should be fine. You'll need to download a couple of apps for the firestick which can seem daunting at first but it really is a piece of piss to set up.

You get more channels that you can shake a stick at sports & movies all included.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

IPTV is good but make sure you get one that has 'boxsets' if you want to watch TV sereie'ssss

I'll read up at your list later and give my opinion, BOSH is on AP by the way.

I'm halfway through BB again and it's still blowing my mind how good it is, I went to bed last night just as the camera panned out after the aftermath of the Salamanka brothers meeting Hank in the supermarket car park, jaw dropping , incredible television.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

I've watched Breaking Bad all the way through 3 times I think, and a few of the best episodes even more times than that. It is actually better when you watch it for a second time, knowing how the characters evolve throughout the series. Mindblowing television and the attention to detail is incredible (one example is the episode where the meth addict gets his head squashed by the ATM machine, the cold opening of the episode shows a beetle being squashed by Skinny Pete (I think), this foreshadows what happens with the ATM and is also the same sound effect - obviously you don't pick this up until you watch it again knowing what's to come). I can't think how any show could be made better that this. Just bought a couple of BB books to read, will no doubt tempt me to watch it all again :p

ODM you say you don't fancy The Leftovers, well I didn't really either but I loved it, not my usual type of show at all but the writing and acting was fantastic. Give it a go, it can be a slow burn at times and it does get a bit odd later on, but it's really captivating gets better with each season. One of my favourite shows ever. The Americans is tremendous too.

I'm halfway through After Life and enjoying it. I'm not surprised ODM can relate to it as Gervais plays a miserable cunt who tells people how it is without pulling any punches :cool:

ODM I've not seen Paradise PD but will give it a go. Big Mouth is hilarious. Try Fleabag and Catastrophe for a couple of British comedies, both excellent.
    slick likes this.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Finished BB and season 5 is just mind blowing and so sad when it all comes to an end.
    Just confirms that it's probably the best TV series ever, nothing comes near it.

After that I watched that Maddie Mcain series that'd being pumped on Netflix at the moment, don't bother with it as it doesn't bring anything new into the equation but drags out old news into eight 1hr episodes when it could have done so in 2.
    Seen likes this.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

I loved After Life, i also watched it in one sit in. Great stuff.

Harry's Hero's - The Full English, was a decent watch too.