1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Might give after life a go then, can't stand Gervais but the reviews and what's been said on here have been positive.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Forgot to mention, I've started watching Murder Mountain on Netflix. It's a bit of a slow burner but starting to pick up now.
    It's quite an eye opener as to what goes on in them there mountains in California.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Starting watching a new Netflix show last night called 'Black Summer' and thought it was cracking.
    It's a Zombie series but not in the mould of the 'Walking Dead' as there is basically no story line , from the opening scene it's non stop and probably what it would be like if there ever was a Zombie apocalypse:lol

It's about a group of random people who become intertwined as the story goes along, no great special as it's not needed it but it's gripping throughout.

if I could compare it to anything I'd say it's like the game 'Dying Light'
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Been watching 'Mindhunters' tonight as it gets 8.5 on IMDB but three episodes in it seems to be going nowhere.
    It's a flip of a coin whether I continue watching this or not.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/hate-thy-neighbour/on-demand/67910-004

VICE sends comedian Jamali Maddix to confront far-right groups on the rise in the UK, US and Europe spreading hate across the world

~~~~~

These are well worth a watch. Scary to think these horrible fuckers are allowed to breed :mad:

They are also on youtube if you don't have a ch4 account.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

looks interesting, I'll give that a bash next week.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

8. slick

slick Administrator

9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Anybody watching Chernobyl ?
  10. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Not tried it yet, but supposed to be very good
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Thought I'd mentioned this but obviously not.

It's brilliant Keggers, I think I'm four episodes in but it's gripping albeit horrific at the same time.
    Although I've never visited the old USSR, it's just as you'd imagine it would be as portrayed through the media at the time.
    Best TV series on at the moment by a long shot.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

While I've been off this week I also watched 'Undercover' on Netflix, I thought that was pretty good too, so much so me and Moans stayed up to 6am to watch the whole series to the end.

It's about a couple of undercover special branch officers moving into a caravan park to try and expose a drug dealer, it's a Belgium production but very much in the same vein as 'The Heist' in respect of how the story moves along.
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Best thing I've watched in ages. Absolutely brilliant.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

How long before the Russian underpants joke makes a come back:lol
  15. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Just watched the last episode of Chernobyl an it's brilliant. Really hits home what happened on that fateful night.

Cracking tv. Don't think I've enjoyed anything like this before but I suppose it helps working at a nuclear power station.
    Punter likes this.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Unlike GoT, i feel i'm missing out on Chernobyl. I'm going to make a point of watching with the mrs (we rarely watch stuff together). Is it only 5 episodes?
    We have been watching 63 Up, the past couple of nights, as we started watching it at 21 Up.
  17. winrew

winrew GILF

Yep , just the five episodes.
    We are watching the last one tonight . Really enjoying it, can't recommend it enough.
    Punter likes this.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Not seen the last Chenobyl yet, I'll save if for the weekend.

Never seen any of those 'Up' programs Punt, suppose you'd have to watch them from the off to appreciate them.
    Punter likes this.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've not heard anyone say a bad word about it. Gonna have to find time to watch it but God knows when
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Still waiting to watch the last episode, not had a sniff of the telly since the new series of 'The Handmaids Tale' has started up again, Moans and wee Moans love it and won't let go of the remote.