1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

One and a half episodes into Now They See Us, the Netflix series about the Central Park Five, and I'm pissed off to fuck with it.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Saw that but I didn't bother as I watched a docu/film about it not so long ago and it's still fresh in my mind.

You could have taught them a thing or two mate lol.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

Just to clarify, I wasn't pissed off at how the CP5 were treated or the injustice they suffered, rather at the show itself. Sugarcoating the boys to be perfect little angels (they most certainly weren't) and portraying almost every single white person in the program as the devil ffs. When you know the true facts before watching it really shows it up as being a very one-sided heavily biased production.

The woman who produced the Netflix show also wrote a book on the same subject a few years ago. She has actually changed some of the facts from what she stated in the book as it doesn't fit the narrative of innocent young black boys simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time, fitted up by the racist NYC police. She knows fine well that there would be less sympathy for the 5 if people knew what they were really up to that night.
    slick likes this.