1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

One and a half episodes into Now They See Us, the Netflix series about the Central Park Five, and I'm pissed off to fuck with it.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Saw that but I didn't bother as I watched a docu/film about it not so long ago and it's still fresh in my mind.

You could have taught them a thing or two mate lol.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

Just to clarify, I wasn't pissed off at how the CP5 were treated or the injustice they suffered, rather at the show itself. Sugarcoating the boys to be perfect little angels (they most certainly weren't) and portraying almost every single white person in the program as the devil ffs. When you know the true facts before watching it really shows it up as being a very one-sided heavily biased production.

The woman who produced the Netflix show also wrote a book on the same subject a few years ago. She has actually changed some of the facts from what she stated in the book as it doesn't fit the narrative of innocent young black boys simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time, fitted up by the racist NYC police. She knows fine well that there would be less sympathy for the 5 if people knew what they were really up to that night.
    slick likes this.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I started watching The Planets on bbc iplayer recently. Good stuff. Not only did i find it interesting but it helped me to sleep soon after too. Saturn and it's moon Enceladus are pretty awesome.

Also caught a bit of Kylie at Glastonbury. She's still bloody gorgeous at 51. I had to dig up that banned advert with her in after..

:wank:wank:wank
    slick and Kegman like this.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah I was telling someone at work about that yesterday
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Mortimor & Whitehouse gone fishing started tonight again on BBC2.

Just away to get it on catchup.
  7. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Anybody watching Brassic on Sky One ? Really good. Small time criminals smoking dope and getting themselves into some funny situations.

Well worth a watch.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Can't say I've ever heard of it Keggers.
    I'll give it a go when I get the chance:thumb
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Watched it? Slick knows 'em all.
    Kegman likes this.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Nah, haven't got round to it yet.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

The scene in the van in the first episode is comedy gold if you ask me. I don't want to say to much but you'll know what I mean when you watch it.

It fucking creased me.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Still not watched it but will do.

I've had to endure Peaky Blinders with moans.
    It's been ok in the past but this latest series finishes as it's just about to get going:banghead, couldn't believe it was the last episode.

Still need to see the latest series of 'Money Heist' anybody watched it yet?
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

Still to watch Money Heist Season 2 Slick, going to get to it soon.

Binge watched Stranger Things over the last month or so to see what all the fuss was about, with plenty of people claiming it as the best tv show ever. It was an enjoyable romp and obviously people of our age will enjoy the nostaglia of the 80's movies it pays homage to, but pretty ridiculous to put it at the top of the tree. Kind of going around in circles now too so I think they have to change things around in the next season.

Top Boy is getting rave reviews so will give that a go soon.

Fear The Walking Dead used to be really good and now it's really shite.

And have you all heard about this.....? Oct 11th:yahoo

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Kegman, Punter and slick like this.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Heard about it but didn't know when it was coming out.
    BB the series has gathered more fans since it finished, then nobody had heard of it now every cnut asks me have I seen it:lol
    Seen likes this.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Is that first trailer meant to throw us into thinking Walt is still alive?
    Which probably means he's dead:cry
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

He's definitely dead. The news report on the 2nd clip tells us 9 people dead, that's 8 of Jack's gang (including Jack) plus Walt :frown
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Just realised what you did there:lol
    Watched the first episode and I know a lot worse than that lot lol, didn't know what to make of it as they tried a bit too hard to get laughs, maybe I was expecting a bit too much plus I've felt like shit over the weekend so maybe that has something to do with it, I'll try episode two sometime this week.

I did recognise a few of the locations, none least the place I work at but don't remember any fcuker filming there though:lol
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've been ploughing through this. Enjoying it. Not sure everyone else would feel the same though. It's pretty much black dudes making money and killing. Drug wars.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I'll give it a go Punt, although it sounds like something I could watch by opening the curtains:lol