1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

It's not anything special, it's nothing more than ok tbh.

It's just that i've been putting the laptop away from Saturday night till Thursday night in order to cut down on the gambling and spend some time with the mrs instead.
    Trouble is watching tv, i normally nod off within 10 mins.
    slick likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

That's my problem too Punt and If I don't fall asleep I'm too preoccupied thinking of a good bet rather than taking anything of the film in. I may as well be watching a blank canvas.

That's why I know that any film getting my attention is a belter, who fcuking needs Melvin Bragg:lol
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Anybody watched 'El Camino' yet?

I watched it last night and wasn't blown away, seemed a bit too slow and corny to me with too many coincidences happening at every turn to try and beef the story up a bit, would have also been better if they slashed time off the movie rather than the constant flashbacks with Fat Tod who now looks nothing like the person he was in BB.

I think they also missed a trick with Skinny Pete and Buster, they should have given them a much bigger role in the movie rather than a 10 minute cameo.
  4. winrew

winrew GILF

Watching it tomorrow on night shift. :wasnme
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Badger, you mean?
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Soz my bad lol
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

I enjoyed it, it wasn't brilliant but for me it was always going to be just like an extended bonus episode rather than a movie that it was advertised as. I thought the stuff with Todd was great (apart from the continuity problem of him looking like he ate his former self), reinforced the fact that he was a total sociopath - a cold blooded killer but with a soft heart at times.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I think that's how they should have released it Seen, as a couple of bonus episodes rather than a movie as it raised peoples expectations.

The stuff with Todd was great but I think they over did it a bit, I would have used some of that time to give Skinny Pete and Badger more of a story line rather than having tons of police rolling down the street then absolutely nothing after that.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I gave up on Top Boy halfway into the 2nd series.
    First series was good enough but it became much the same.

I've started watching Ancient Aliens. Some interesting theory's about stuff, lost underwater cities and rock placements. Includes bullshit, but worth a watch if your trying to work out where we came from.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

If where we came from or where we're going to is like the present then it doesn't matter as it might be another blank canvas like from the day we was born.

I should imagine those who created those city's and left rock placements knew as much as you and I punt, just like most religious leaders who will go to the grave knowing just as much as us too lol no matter how much shite they spew out.

I've come to the conclusion it's better just to fcuking enjoy life rather than worrying about who we are because we'll never know the answer.

I reckon Komp got closer than most after reading some of his stories when he was as high as a kite, just in the same way some ancient civilisations did and still do taking drugs to see the light.
    If there is an answer I reckon that's where it's to be found, some of these Amazonian and African tribes that haven't been touched by modern society still have something that we lost thousands of years ago when money was created and we all became slaves to it.

They live and survive by nature whereas we've become reliant on chemicals and products we have to buy so will forever be slaves to afford them.
    I better stop here as I'm going in too deep:lol
    Punter likes this.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

KNIVES OUT

Went to see this last night, an excellent movie.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

I'll make a note of it Seen.:thumb

Started watching 'The Irishman' at the weekend and fell asleep after about 20 mins.
    It wasn't boring or anything in fact quite the opposite, just that I was pissed and knackered, I'll try and give it another bash this weekend.