1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I watched Knives Out last week and also enjoyed it. One of the funniest bits was when the dog found a bit of the trellis and wanted to play fetch with it.
    Seen likes this.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

Nice one mate, I'll check it out. Must admit I've never heard of it.

Just started watching Narcos so will watch it once we're through that :thumb
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

1917 - enjoyed this, a solid 8 / 10 from me. Filmed to look like a single continuous take, the cinematography is excellent.
    Kegman likes this.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I saw 1917 yesterday and really enjoyed it too Seen. 15 mins in you could probably guess the outcome would be similar to what it was but still worth a watch.
    Seen likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I've got 1917 on my shortlist of films to watch.
    Suppose it's one of those that's better to watch at the cinema but being a tight cnut I'm waiting for a decent copy to come on IPTV rather than the cam at the moment.
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

There's a decent copy on the torrents, Slick, it's a screener and good quality. Should be up on IPTV too.

https://zooqle.com/1917-2019-dvdscr-x264-topkek-tgx-xkfn0.html
    slick likes this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

8. slick

slick Administrator

Binge watched 'The Stranger' on Netflix over the weekend as it seems to be getting good to mixed reviews everywhere plus it was filmed around these parts.

It was excellent in parts and is quite gripping a lot of the time but I think it tried to hard to place nearly every main member in the cast as a suspect in what basically is a 'who done it' and hence loses itself in a few corny and too coincidental side stories.

Good to see my goto boozer when I'm out on the town in it though lol.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Watched 'Uncut Gems' last week on Netflix and what a great movie, I'm still out of breath after the experience.

I've never really been an Adam Sandler fan as I've always found him a bit corny but here he plays a serious part and he's absolutely superb, he actually blew me away in what imo is one of the best acting roles I've ever seen.

He plays a Jewish Jeweller who is always on the make, his life is so hectic and chaotic it just naturally draws you in and makes you think is money really worth all this shit.

There's a lot of mixed reviews on IMDB. Mainly form critics who don't like to hear people talking over one another in a lot of scenes but I'm sorry to say in real life that really happens.

I loved the energy in this film and I doubt anybody will guess the ending, if you have a couple of hrs free this weekend then I suggest you give it a bash.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Watched it. Enjoyed it. Good ending
  11. slick

slick Administrator

I thought it was a good ending too but it seems to get slated by the critics.
  12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Just finished watching Parasite - and I can see why it won best movie at the oscars.

The story in it is brilliant. I really enjoyed it. I did think watching it with subtitles would be pish but it wasn't.