1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Leeds Rhino's Vs Manly World Club Challenge 8pm 17/2/12

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by Yorkieacer, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

What a match this should be and what a match for us to get our revenge against Manly who beat us a couple of years ago after a few dodgy ref decisions. We have played two league matches this season winning the first comfortable before losing away to Wigan last week 20-6 which i did expect.

Now i thought we would be favourites here for a variety of reasons, we are playing at home here the game is being played at Headingley instead of Elland Road. We will be backed by at least 18,000 plus tonight and hopefully a sell out. Manly have lost alot of there team and back room staff from last season so there a different side, They have played only one pre season game and got thrashed which doesnt sit in well. We started our pre season back in December and have built very well.

Team news wise we have Watkins returning tonight which is a huge boost, Ben Bishop is back who gives us a spark on the wing. English teams have lost the last 3 finals in a row and maybe that plus the way Manly won it last season is why were underdogs but heck we thrive on that no one gave us any chance of winning the Grand Final last year let alone getting there and we showed our character, there has been talk all pre season that this side of ours will win the lot this year and were building on conifidence from the League Cup Final.

Should we be the underdogs here? Heck no were the best side in England, playing at home and as long as we dont make to many of our idiotic mistakes we could easily win by at least 8 points. Burrows is a good little player who scores trys as well and creates them just with his speed and movement and i also like the price on him scoring anytime, so come on Rhino's!

£50 Rhinos @ 2.37
    £20 Rob Burrows Anytime @ 3.25
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

Couple of interest bets ...

Anytime scorer
    Jamie Lyon @ 2.62
    Carl Abblet @ 4.33
    Points margin

Manly 11-20 @ 4.20

Makings of a cracking match , right off out to watch it :leaving
  3. Yorkieacer

GL Win :thumb Just went to place my bets got £50 on Rhinos @ 2.62 and £20 on Burrows anytime @ 3.25
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck Yorkie as I hope Leeds do it this time around allthough I have a sneaky feeling the aussies might just nick it as leeds are notorious slow starters at the beginning of a season and the aussies always seems to be a step above British sides in recent yrs.
    Burrows will need to watch his back mind because If I'm not mistaken they targetted him a couple of yrs back and gave him a good smack putting him out for most of the season.

I don't know enough about Manley to cast an honest opinion on them but I am generalising on Aussie RL teams that have played in this final over the last few yrs, If what you say about them is true then you never know Leeds may cause an upset but they'll need to be on top of their game and expect a few dirty underhanded tactics.
    If Leeds do pull it off then Burrows will have been key which usually ends up him being MotM.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

First try Leeds albeit looking like a slightly forward pass from this angle, can't say they don't deserve it thus far.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

63 mins gone, Leeds winning 16-12 but well under the cosh and pretty much on their last warning before some fucker has to leave the field. They ain't going to hold out for another 20 mins surely
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Kin hell, they've only gone and scored a tryclap

well done Leeds. Well done Yorkie:thumb
  8. Yorkieacer

Thanks Onedunme :thumb

Get in WORLD CHAMPIONS AGAIN! Lets hope its the start of the season that we wanted now, this team is our best one in years even better than our back to back to back championship side imo just a shame Burrows didnt score. Fair play to Manly they came back at us just like St Helens did in the Grand Final before we pulled away again, one thing we need to sort out is the discipline Peacock started losing his head again and give penalty's away that has to stop, good win, world champs get pissed time clap
  9. winrew

winrew GILF

Well done Yorkie ...
    Managed a small profit on the night with Ablett crossing the line @ 4.33.
    Decent match , thought Leeds were gonna blow it at one point but they held out
  10. Yorkieacer

I was worried when they pulled it back to 12-16 and we kept giving away penalty's thank god we scored again otherwise we might of lost it
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Yip well done Leeds, they were under the cosh b4 i left for the boozer and holding on to a narrow lead, I expected them to be behind by the time I got to the pub but to my suprise they hung and and even increased their lead to an impressive 26-12 by the finish.
    Excellent stuff and good on ODM for watching Gods own sport.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I used to watch it nearly every week once upon a time mate, although I never really had a favourite team. Funnily enough I was just thinking about it as I was watching the game and listening to "Stevo" and his words of wisdom. It suddenly struck me that it must be the thick end of 15 years ago that I used to listen to him.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

I tried to get Mickeypaul into once but the 6 count fcuked him up, For excitement and commitment its hard to beat RL, it's just none stop for the full 80 mins.
  14. Yorkieacer

Wayne Rooney supports Rhino's as well weird that :lol
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Strange that, you'd have thought being able to count them all on one hand would've made it easy for him.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

:lol
    Aye you would RC and thats with a couple spare.