1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Literary a disaster pending - the rebirth

Discussion in 'Book Talk' started by swooperman, Aug 17, 2011.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

:D err, no TC....its Neil J Evans, not jevans. Mickey or slick wrote that on the opening post until I edited it so you might just have copied them. neilevans was taken
  2. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

It was Slick. Always up to mischief that boy. Sorry Swoop, I got sidetracked last night.
  3. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Okay, changed again - let me know if it still ain't right. I thought it was what it is, and I was a bit surprised to see that it was down as what it wasn't :eek
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Ermmm....bit embarassing admitting this tbh, being a mod & everything :eek: but how do you create a link, here & on wordpress, without the url (?) showing but the name of the site, or 'here', or whatever.....minds gone blank. Thanks in advance, discretion required, no pisstakers please :unsure
  5. slick

slick Administrator

lol. type the word you want to use, then highlight it my dragging ure mouse across it.
    Then click the 'insert/edit' link icon (its the one that resembles a closed chain link), a wee window should open where you put in the address you want to link to.
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Slick, slick, slick......I need help !! As i got a .wordpress.com free site first before buying the domain name, i keep changing the wrong one, how do i merge them? all the settings i want are on the .wordpress.com & i want them on the .com one
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Can u not just copy over the settings like for like, i.e open them up in two tabs and manually copy the settings, i don't think there's an automatic way to do it but then again its been a long time since i used word press.

send me the details to both accounts and let me have a look.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Details are the same, tab at top lets you go into all your blogs in a menu. I've done it now, manually as you said. Even posted a picture & everything.....
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I hate it when people say details are the same, that means i now have to trape through about 50 messages .. hold on did i read u did something for yourself:eek

Well done Swoops, now is there anyway to disable or del the site you don't want as you don't want two websites having the same content for seo reasons.
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

SEO reasons ?? :unsure

Dunno, but I'm only updating the .com one now. I'll have to look into that. I'll pm the details again
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Search engine optimisation
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Ooh, get you......
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Considering the way my bets have gone the last 2 days, I am not at all surprised to receive a rejection email today :lol

theres 3 still out there, 2 agents & a publisher, 2 sitting @ the 6& a 1/2 weeks stage, the other 4 weeks. No guarantee of even a reply to any of them. There is the one that was overwhelmed with submissions but wants to read it when he catches up, thats something.
    Havent sent anything new off since adjusted synopsis, cover letter & started blog. time to crack on I guess. :unsure
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Keep at it Mister Jevans:lol

Hey, that has a ring to it. How about it as a pen name?
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

not that downhearted tbh, its all about learning the ropes I guess, & I'm much happier about the submission package since TC had a look, but I wanted to at least have some posts on the blog & give the current ones who had it the chance to reply....more the blog tbh, lets be fair :lol
    I have a book on my shelf, a police thriller called Calumnet City by a bloke called Charlie Newton. I like the look of it but refuse to read it on principal as I knew he'd written loads of books before getting anywhere. Interview here

A sobering read :unsure

I've come to the conclusion horror is the way forward. Either lesbianism or a gruesome death every 5 pages & you're in :wink

Only joking TC
  16. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

So, you're familiar with my work, then :cool:

Yeah, one of the things I like about horror is that if it goes flat you can spice it up with a good disemboweling instead of having to make the plot more exciting. It's a lot easier and more fun (but not a cop out, honest!).

And the gorgeous lesbians? They only get in my books because they're vital for the plot, of course. :wasnme
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Need some help ladies & err...gents. Clubbers, around early 1987, a club that I've situated on the Kilburn High Road in London. Anybody got any memories of that kind of era? I'd have been around 15 so Its a little bit too young for me. any pointers welcomed, regarding bouncers etc, fashion, that kind of thing.
    Particulartly need to know did they have CCTV in those days, cos I cant decide? If so how good was it? People a little bit older than me, reckon (no pun intended here :unsure) around ODM's age?
  18. slick

slick Administrator

It's the yr i met the wife so my brains blocked it out of my life.
    I'll have a think about it after the match Swoops.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

CCTV was about though, usually on a 12 inch monitor in B/W covering doors or carparks, qulaity wasn't bad if you were around 6 foot or less from the lens and totally shite when it went dark.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Given that CCTV is currently fucking shit Swoops, I wouldn't have thought it would be good for fuck all back then if it did exist. I couldn't tell you with any degree of certainty but we can all remember seeing CCTV type screens in newsagens and they must have been going for decades now. I'd say it existed but was no fucking use to anyone (just like now in fact).