1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

MANAGER CHANGES Management coming's & going's

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by swooperman, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Ashleyash

Ashleyash Ashleyash

Hey. all the post are really nice. I read all topics. thanx.....
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

it's not getting easier for Big Sam even after last weeks win at Cardiff, but he's 5/4 at Ladbrokes although I'm not sure that's updated yet. Hughton is only just behind Lambert in the table & I don't see Lambert in trouble at all, so I'd be in no rush to be backing Hughton, particularly with a solid type of confidence vote duruing the week of 'he's within his remit'.
    Pocchetinno is the big mover with Saints problems but you'd expect him to last the season, or long enough not to be a winner in this market anyway.
    Very happy with my Meulensteen bet as he's steadily shortening, & I've just had a small dabble on Solskjaer. My theory there ios that he might quickly decide his name will be tarnished there & walk to defend it, but that place is a madhouse so wtf knows? He could easily be sacked yet :unsure
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Playing poker last night with some black country boys. Wolves fans directly compared Steve Clarke's sacking & subsequent chaos to McCarthy going & relegation, & Albion fans look nervous. Obviously nobody knows anything about Pepe Mel but the potential is there. It was even mentioned, not by me but them, that if it goes wrong quickly he could be a runner in this market. I'm not convinced, but they play 8 of the bottom 11 in the next 11 games, with Everton, Liverpool & Chelsea thrown in. Yes there should be enough chances to stay out of harms way but with the sheer nature of there being so many teams involved in the fight, there's plenty of chances of getting fucked as well.
    They have, with Swansea, Hull & Villa though, got a considerably better GD than the rest. Stalking horses for me, but the feeling is that the Villa game is crucial. A big part of that is Villa are especially vulnerable at home against similar sides where they're expected to try & run the game, & the fact that the catalysts to Clarke's sacking are seen as 2-fold. The 2 nil lead thrown away against Villa, & Anelka. Apparently Peace wasn't happy with some of the signings (Sessegnon, but his mother probably wasn't happy with him when he came out ffs :unsure) but Anelka pushed him over the edge. It was a deal done by Clarke, wages & all, & then he wasn't playing him. Can't help feeling though, that Peace has come out of all this looking a bit mickey mouse.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I was looking at the chances of Swansea getting pulled in, & it gave me an idea. They've not long kicked off & todays game arguably doesnt affect Laudrups chances but it's given me some interesting theories. Off to find a relegation thread
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Hughtons into evens, West Hams revival has pushed Sam out to double figures in places, although they've started their season of 4 games well yesterday, they need to keep going in the other 3.
    Meulensteen is sinking fast & I've a feeling he could win money for me as yes he's made signings, but thats irrelevant when your potential replacement is sitting behind you. He looks well out of his depth to me. Laudrup's sinking quickly as well, & it's only 3/1 no manager to go now
  6. slick

slick Administrator

It's a tough call at the moment as you say Swoops, there's a handfull of managers all at the same level for the drop but between them they keep ducking and diving by getting the odd good result here and there.
  7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Laudrup into odds on after the rumours of his coaching staff being changed whilst he's away. unless he walks on the principle I'm not sure I see him being sacked tbh :thinking although they have Cardiff saturday. Don't think I'd like to be on him @ 8/13
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

he's gone
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Unbelievable Jeff
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Good job I know what i'm talking about :embarassed
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

having been on Meulensteen for a while. since not long after he was appointed, it's a bit galling to see him @ odds on now & hardly worth backing. there might be a bit of value in opposing him though. West Hams season revolves around their next 6 games with 3 winnable home games & trips to villa & stoke, so they need points in these games although i think they'll get them. Carroll's out the next 3 though.
    Norwich could be in the bottom 3 if results go against them today, namely West Ham at Villa & a Palace/Albion draw, & Norwich conceded 7 against Man City in the first fixture. The comment about Hughton keeping them out of the relegation places being his remit makes me think that if the next 2 or 3 games go against them then it could be too tempting to ditch him. i still think Meulensteen but Hughton's tempting @ 7/2. Only 1 win in 11
  13. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I had him but only ' 5/6 whereas I had him at 25/1 before laudrup went :ohwell
    Hughton's available @ 7/4 which is relatively big but it's because of 2 untried managers in Monk & Sherwood being in place, that & Newcastle disintegrating more by the match. Still got an inkling in Solskjaer but as the games get less & less the 'no manager to go' market gets stronger
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Pellegrini 100/1, anyone?
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Not a hope, & Hughton's shortening steadily
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Pressure now mounting on Moyes, thought he would see the season out but now even the 'die hard give him a chancer's' are calling for his head.
    The CL return leg could sound the death knell if it goes tits up and they go out with a whimper.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Skybet and Bet Victor have him odds on to be next to go. Coral 6/4.
  19. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'd still be surprised to see him go. pepe mel's not sounding too secure though, & the loser of Villa/Norwich might be bricking it a bit
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Agreed Swoop. I dont think he'll go either. I've got Moyes behind the other three you mentioned.