1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Micah Richards - overrated tosser

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Never rated the clown and was over the moon when the incoming England manager (was it Sven?) dropped the twat and made sure that he'd never establish himself as an England regular. Too keen to go forward, shit at defending. I can remember two England games where England's more forward players had to cover for the useless cunt as he came trotting slowly back from dismal attempts to go forward (SWP was one of them -I'm sure poor little bastard ended up playing most of the game behind the big idle twat:lol)

Article here if anyone wants to know what he's up to now. May he never pull on an England shirt again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30248456
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Don't bother telling me he was dropped from the England squad because of injury because he wasn't. I remember checking it out at the time and he played for his club a few games after the international (he may even have been on the bench for it in fact). The manager actually realised that the guy couldn't do his job. If you want a creative midfielder who won't track back and defend then play one - don't play one who's masquerading as a defender.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

To be fair Richards is a central defender and not a right back, he was played there because one of his main strengths is pushing forward and that's about it lol, pushing forward like a Bull, no turning inside or outside just a straight line where his physical strength holds off anyone daring to go near him.
    Only problem is after exerting so much energy pushing forward, he has to stroll to get back and is usually found out of position.

I've seen him play as a centre half when he was younger and he had all the makings of a cracker, he could so easily have been another Kompany if he had been given the chance and it's bewildering that he was never given that chance even when City had major problems in that position.
    Then Richards seemed to beef himself up in the Gym and after that it was Injury after Injury.

I still think he has a lot to offer and is one of the strongest players you'll ever see, he just needs to tone down a bit and work on his stamina rather than muscle.
  4. Chiding

Chiding New Member

Slick echoes my thoughts. Never quite understood why Richards played as a right back considering his build. Kudos to him taking the risks few English players are willing to take and going abroad. I don't follow Serie A cause, how is he doing at Fiorentina?
  5. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Playing at centre back now..

Possibly too early or not yet the right time to pass judgement but he looks like a right back trying to learn the centre back position at the moment to me

If Remi Garde is the next manager it will be interesting to see how he uses him
  6. slick

slick Administrator

The problem with him playing right back is that he's played that position for so long and got accustomed to bombing forward, he'll settle down soon enough, if anything he's been one of you better players even if he's still learning the role.

Like I said though, his best position is centre back and I expect him to thrive there so long as he can steer clear from Injury.
  7. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Just out of interest I checked his past ...

It seems at ManC he was highly rated by Stuart Pearce and Mark Hughes - then less highly thought of by Mancini and Pellegrini

For England - he often played for McClaren - but was then discarded by Capello and Hodgson

At Villa Sherwood highly coverted him and made him captain of Villa...

What will a foreign manager make of him if Villa do choose Garde

Be interesting to see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micah_Richards
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I sense something of a pattern

As I think I've said somewhere on this forum before, I was screaming for Richards to be dropped for England and almost the first thing that Capello did was drop the cunt. No doubt someone will say that it was because of injury but he wasn't injured when he was dropped from the first team to the bench and didn't get a kick (I think I'm right in saying). He got injured shortly after and didn't play for his club for a while but Capello had already seen what I had seen (shrewd man:naughty) and Mclaren had failed to spot and that was that Richards was good going forward but the problem was that he went forward with all the pace and gusto of an olympic sprinter but got back into his defensive position with all the pace of Steven Hawking with a puncture. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Small Wright Phillips actually spent more time behind him than in front of him in one half of a game they both played in. I'm all for defenders joining in the attack when needed but if you had to pick who you want doing your attacking and who defending between those two, I think most would agree that the best tactic is probably not to get them to switch roles. Mclaren was a clueless twat and Capello wasn't.

I got the impression that he was a man who got carried away with the praise that he was getting at the time and believed the hype and , although he will no doubt have lost much of the pace he had as a younger man, I've got no doubt that he could still do a sterling job providing he learns to actually play in the position that he should be playing in. If he's got the intelligence to do that and to understand that he's part of a bigger team and not just part of team Micah then the new manager, whoever it turns out to be, won't have a very difficult decision to make. He can potentially be captain and an ever present.

If he hasn't got the brains to work that out then he will go down as a young player who never achieved the potential that he promised.
  9. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Completely embarrassed by a division 4 team tonight :embarassed

And we are stuck with him for 3 more seasons :ohwell

I'm not asking for sympathy by the way - just highlighting some golden betting opportunities for those who enjoy betting in play
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Lol, swings and roundabouts I suppose because I remember him making a name for himself with that last minute header in the cup against Villa albeit the FA one.

Richards had the makings of a great player but for some reason he thought 'Muscling up' would make him a better player instead on concentrating on speed work and trimming down to look like most of the worlds best full backs.
    Maybe it's because his best position has always been CB and he wanted to become a Mangala type figure (not that it's worked out for him either) but it's turned out that Richards hasn't a clue what his best position is and now just seems to be going through the motions like Stevie Ireland did albeit a different position.

It's a shame because Richards has the heart of a lion it's just a pity the rest of his body is now made of concrete.