1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Mon 29th aug

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by fc basher, Aug 28, 2011.

1. fc basher

fc basher Member

Rodrigo De Torres - Warwick 3.20

Ive just backed this horse with betfair,Think class 3 is a grade he can handle,weighted well,and a further 3lb taken off by Martin Harley,distance and ground is right.Possible fav Colonial is rated 10lb higher in the OR,but I dont see that in the form comparison imho.

odds - win 32 place 4.5 betfair - 2pts on each.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've joined you on the place bet mate, 4.8. Win bet not matched yet
  3. fc basher

fc basher Member

Seriously ODM,you think weve got a chance?
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It's hard to say but a place has to be within it's grasp surely. I would fancy beating three of them round myself. Sos Brillante and Invincible Soul are dog meat and Mias Boy has run one decent race in living memory, flattering to deceive on every other occasion when it looks to be going well and finds sod all. I will be mad if that one wins as it's taken my money too often in the past.

That leaves three to beat for a place and it's got to be worth a punt at the odds.

Wouldn't fancy it to beat Colonial though to be honest
  5. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Good Luck

5.15 Cartmel-Patriot

1pt each way @ 8-1 [Paddy Power]

Could surprise now upped to more suitable trip

Unplaced:mad:
  6. fc basher

fc basher Member

You summed up the others quite well ODM,Colonial did give lumps of weight away too last time out,but hes been staring at double figure prices,and hanged in a six runner event previously.
    Forjatt,looks to have every chance too,but hes form shows he runs well without ever winning.
    Rodrigo de Torres still looks to have place chances.

Good luck too Topdog
  7. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Fair day yesterday, with a win for ALSINDI and a 2nd for DEFINIGHTLY. The former was widely available at 20's early doors and seemed to be steadily backed all Morning. He then opened on course at 11's, before winning easily at 11/2. Definightly ran a nice race for 2nd and it looked like he might hang on. Sadly the classy Marchand D'Or wore him down. Plenty to choose from today, but as ever with a Bank Holiday, it looks very difficult :-

2:10 Warwick - JIBOUTI - Unexposed sort and showed his first real form LTO, when fading over a Mile ( from a tough draw ). Interesting that connections step back to 6f for today, but this is his chosen assignments from 4 entries this Week and has to be of interest on only his 2nd handicap start.

4:20 Galway - FASTIDIOUS - Possibly being a bit stubborn with this one, but I do believe, he is better than previously shown. Blinkers applied for the first time today and I would expect to see a bit more, from such a well bred sort.

4:55 Galway - BORN TO EXCEL - Had very little chance at the weights LTO, but is capable of some very smart form. No problem with conditions, is pretty well handicapped and there is already money around for him ( some 20's available early doors and now down to 8's with Hills ) I do also like the look of XSQUARED, who took a bit of a step forward LTO and is still young enough to improve further.

6:00 Galway - MEASURED APPROVAL - Holds plenty of decent form over 5 and 6f this Year, so 7f, with a stiff finish must be a concern ( strong candidate for a bet in running ). Can also get upset in the stalls, so worth watching for that as well. Assuming there are no such problem at the start, I do see this one going very close.

OTHERS

4:30 Warwick - REPRESENT - The form of her first and third runs, give her a decent chance. Earned a rating of 72, so obviously has ability and could easily be more to come, now stepped up in trip.

5:45 Bangor - Weak looking bumper and one of Milan's has a form chance. MY GIRL MILLIE, did come in for support on debut and ran a nice solid race. Will improve for that, but the inexperienced jockey stops me being too bullish. Still looks to have a solid EW chance tough and also backed her in a forecast with PAMPELONNE.

2:00 Epsom - Tough looking 2yo race and happy to go with a forecast on the following -

STATEOS ( Nice debut, disappointed since on AW, but of interest now back on turf )
    REGAL GOLD ( Hails from a powerful stable, but does need to leave poor debut behind. Certainly no forlorn hope to do so however )

2:45 Warwick - Another tough looking race, but happy to play the following at decent prices -

OCEAN MYTH
    THE RISING
    I'M STILL THE MAN
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

200 Epsom Gunner Will 9/4 20 pts
    215 newc Choisan 7/1 10pt win
    225 ripon arcticality 13/2 10 pt win
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

235 downpatrick Supercollider 10pts 8/1
    250 newc. master of dance 10 pts 5/1
    255 cartmel Market maker 10pt ew 9/1
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Bangor Honoured 11/4 20pt win

300 ripon Quadrent 2/1 25
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

425 Newcastle quick bite 6/1 10 pt win

345 Huntingdon 10/11 American Art 30 pt win
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

425 Newcastle quick bite 6/1 10 pt win

345 Huntingdon 10/11 American Art 30 pt win
  13. beamer

beamer Moderator

Newcastle Neuraffa 1 pt e/w @

I was waiting for Landaman to drift out as I prefer him to quadrant on this easier ground.

Neuraffa could improve substantially on his 1st run especially with ease. The horse that finished behind on his debut run has won a mderate maiden since.

beamer
  14. beamer

beamer Moderator

Won by 6 lengths @ 16/1 ( BFSP 28.33) :dance

beamer
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nice shooting Beamer
  16. beamer

beamer Moderator

Warwick Battle Of Britain 1 pt win @ 12/1 ( Lay back IR @ 3.2/ 1.81)

His win at Yarmouth was no fluke and it's always possible he failed to handle Epsom. Mark of 76 could still be workable for this ex Godophin horse. Prominent runner so played safe with some lay backs.

Cheers beamer
  17. beamer

beamer Moderator

:banghead:banghead

Did everything as I hoped apart from getting caught in last 100 yards.

Traded down to 1.37, so both laybacks matched for a 1 pt profit.

Cheers beamer
  18. fc basher

fc basher Member

Good call beamer,16/1 and all clap

ODM called the Warwick 3.20 right with Colonial right,Rodorigo de Torres finished 4th and out the place money.