1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Mourinho's next club?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Punter, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21431345

Assuming he does comeback to the Premier League, who do you think he will manage?

Only two bookies have odds up as i type, Bet365 & Stan James.
    Here are the best prices..

Man City 9/4
    Chelsea 7/2
    Man Utd 5/1
    Arsenal 14/1
    Liverpool 25/1
    Spurs 25/1

Personally i think he will go to Utd and have done for some time.

Man City - I know City are favourites and Mancini is the bookies favourite for next to leave but the only attraction i see for him to go there would be a wage beyond belief and an open cheque book on spending as things stand. But without knowing the full ins and outs of these new financial regulations i'd have to say without the open cheque book i really dont see him going there.

Chelsea - It's obvious that Rafa is only there short term (aren't all Chelsea managers) but could he really work for Abramovich again? I'm not so sure. I know he enjoyed his time there before and he'd probably prefer London but my gut feeling is he wont go back for a second stint and besides they've won the CL without him.

Man Utd - It will be impossible to replace Fergie, impossible, but if you're looking for someone to keep the trophies coming then Mourhino would be next best. He's become used to managing teams that play in the biggest stadiums in the world now and there's no bigger than OT in the prem. I also get the feeling that he would be Fergies choice to replace him.
    Hmm. I think the 5/1 is very generous.

Arsenal - I'm not going to rule them out you know! I'd make them 2nd favourites! They have the stadium, 60,000 fans every week and they might just appeal to him having not won anything for years. A London club who might possibly have shrewd owners in Kroenke and Usmanov?

Liverpool - Oh how i'd love him there. Not going to happen though.

Spurs - Should be 250-1 not 25/1, really cant see Levy landing him no matter what.

That's my opinion then, what's yours? If you had a free bet on the market who would you put it on?
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'd have it on Arsenal at those odds. I have a hunch for United but Arsenals youth policy surely puts them in a decent position regarding the new rules
    Punter likes this.
  3. beamer

beamer Moderator

I don't know if the markets are suspended during the Champions league games but the only market I can find is Sky Sports very skimpy odds:

11/8
    15/8
    9/4
    10/1
    22/1

I might not be around to collect the bet even if I got the winner, as it could be in 3+ years time.

I know he's mentioned returning to England, but PSG at 5/1 looks a better price. Similar situation to City, with a stronger possibility their manager will leave this season. The French league won't excite but Paris and quite an easy opportunity.

The biggest problem could be the 75% tax rate, but I'm sure that can be resolved.

The other one to temp me, but probably 10 years too early is Porto at 25/1.

Is there a price on him to stay at Madrid this season ?
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

No price on remaining there as it's his next job market, beam'

Sporting Bet have him 7/1 for Utd!

I'd be surprised if he went back to Porto, he's already a Lge and CL winner there and i just dont see him doing the same club twice. Just my opinion though

The only other one i'd consider outside of a prem club would be any national team at 20/1, i think he'll one day manage Portugal.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/jose-mourinho/next-job
  5. Rene

Rene Member

Paris St.Germain I guess. They will change the Coaches with hotty Anchelotti. He is coaching the french Boys at the Moment. Some Rumour said that Anchelotti is ready with Madrid and Mourinho is ready to go to France for a couple of Years. Paris with Beckham and Ibrahimovic are the right Address for Mourinho. I am sure that Mourinhos Time will be finished in the next time.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

He'll be at OT next season, he's into 2/1 now, he'll be there for sure, probably with Ronaldo.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

That's the impression I got too Punt, something was definitely amiss in his post match interview.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Finally got round to putting a bet on. 7/1 @ Stan James
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

He's coming back to Stamford Bridge punter.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Maybe Kegs, 7/1 is too big for me not to chance though.

How do i think Fergie will retire? Like Clough? His last season one to many and his worst? Nah, i think he will go out in style, after a record breaking season, like this one.
    United are on course to break Premier League records for the number of points (95) and winning margin (18), and that's the way for Fergie to go out.
    That, the fact that he reacted (and was distraught) like the Turkish ref had spoilt his last ever chance of matching Bob Paisleys 3 European Cups and even more so the fact that David Gill steps down in June, leads me to edge with Fergie finishing this season.

The market will probably go bananas for a couple of weeks after the final premiership weekend and a lay price may become available. Maybe.

It's no solid bet i admit but 7/1 odds just looks to big, i think they should be half that.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Huge gamble going on Mourinho for Utd now, into 11/8 after Front page of tomorrows Telegraph suggest that SAF is about to call it a day.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

13. slick

slick Administrator

Interesting Punt, I thought those links were going to point what Benitez had to say today when he mentioned "you know who the manager will be next yr".
    It's also interesting to see that the money placed on the manager to replace Fergie was put on Moyes rather than Mourinho.

You not thought of laying off Punt after listening to Benitez as anything around 11/8 would still make you a nice profit.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

I would love it if Moyes went to Utd Slick, he's fucking useless. I wont have none of that tight budget bollocks. He's won nothing.
    11 years and not even a little trophy along the way.

Utd wouldn't appoint somebody who's won fuck all would they? :unsure

I should be laying some off right now but I intended to have 5 x more on than what I actually did in the end, i'm a bit pissed off with myself for not getting round to doing it, so i'm just going to let it ride.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

The biggest problem with appointing someone like Moyes at United would be the fact some of the players might not have any respect for him (you're right probably due to winning fcuk all lol) , that could cause some problems in the dressing room.
    Fergie had a few yrs to get it right and even though Moyes looks to be made of the same stuff as Fergie, he won't get that long.

On the other hand he could maybe work under Fergies guidance for a couple of seasons as I'm sure he would be moved upstairs, the we'd end up with Fergie mark II for another bastard 30 yrs.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

They would want Champions league experience on the C.V as a minimum though surely?
  17. slick

slick Administrator

18. Punter

Punter Moderator

In honour of Ferguson retiring, all clubs will play an additional 6 minutes of added time this weekend.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I can't see Jose taking over with SAF peering over his shoulder at every turn. Pity TDP is down because iv been saying since TDP days that Moyes will be next. Just laid off to guarantee a profit but that Klopp geyser would be my guess if Moyes doesn't get it
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

I might of called the wrong manager but I still cant get my head round Moyes?