1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

New TV. Anyviews ?

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by Kegman, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm toying with getting a new tv but there are so many on the market I'm getting a bit confused.

Anybody any views ?

The room is bright especially when the suns out and this would be signing on the screen fron the side so reading reviews this is pointing me towards LCD rather than Plasma but tbh I've not got an issue if i need to close curtains so is this an issue?

It will be mostly Sky (sports) that im watching on it so freeview/freesat tuner isn't an issue (i dont think).

If its a SMART tv can i watch online streams on my tv via the pc ?

Is 3D worth spending the extra for it ?
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Slick is yer man Kegs. I've no doubt he'll be in shortly with a link to a website where they're knocking 'em out for a tenner apiece.:thumb
  3. winrew

winrew GILF

They must have gone up in price ..
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Hotukdeals is the place for the latest Bargains Keggers.

You can buy plasmas with anti reflective screens but I don't know how good they are, the screen of an LCD tv is definately a lot duller so maybe better but personally I prefer plasmas.

Smart tv's usually give you the option of watching Iplayer, youtube etc, I don't know of any that stream to pc's but thats not to say none can do it as I have a satellite box that will stream to a pc.

I know a few people with 3d tv's and the general opinion seems to be that once you have got over the novelty of it it's hardly used again but I've noticed the prices of these tv's has plummeted so for the difference it might be worth the while to have the option.

It all depends on what money you are willing to spend, what are we looking at? if you can try and get a Panasonic as they are second to none.