1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Next Aston Villa manager

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Colbro, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I have to admit RC he really is -

My fears about hem were unfounded

He is way smarter than I thought he was

Spurs loss is our gain
  2. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

You could easily have been right about Sherwood, of course, the only point I was ever making was that after one game there was absolutely no way of knowing, so it was crazy to be wanting him sacked then. Glad you're enjoying the end to the season anyway.
    Colbro likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Ditto what RC says, I had my reservations about Sherwood when he was put in charge of Spurs but he couldn't have done any better imo and didn't deserve the boot, he now seems to be picking up from where he left off with Villa and I take my hat off to him.
    Who'd have thought Villa would be anywhere near a FA cup final when you saw the shambles VIlla were a couple of months ago.

Now you are in the final it's another test for Sherwood because he needs to keep the team focused otherwise you could find yourselves dropping down the league into trouble, I hope that doesn't happen but it has happened in the past.
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Another one out the revolving door
    Punter likes this.
  5. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

:duh:duh:duh:duh

Did I really post that :banghead:banghead:banghead

One good game - one good game :puke:puke:puke

Remi Garde however is a class act

We were lucky to get him but player power rules :grr:grr
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Pearson and Moyes both short favourites. I was adamant that McLaren couldn't be dumb enough to take the Newcastle job because it would fuck his career up sooner rather than later so I have no faith in managers not doing stupid things for money but I see Pearson being more keen to take the job than Moyes. Or is Moyes going to be tempted by the old combination of money and the temptation to revive a "sleeping giant"?

If Villa spent more money on decent players rather than hiring managers and paying them off, they might get somewhere. As far as Garde goes, as we say in the horse racing game, I'd "put a line through" his last performance and judge him next time out.
    Punter likes this.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pfsf1

Murphy: 'Villa will appoint British manager'
    Aston Villa will replace Remi Garde with a British manager, according to our Midlands football correspondent Pat Murphy.

Garde left Villa Park by mutual consent on Wednesday after achieving only two league wins in his four months in charge, leaving the club destined for the Championship. Villa are rooted to the bottom of the Premier League, 12 points from safety.

Murphy spoke to Villa board member Brian Little, who "knows what's needed, preferably an English, certainly a British manager who knows the Championship inside out".
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I suppose Pearson and Moyes tick all the boxes then like ODM mentions.
    Personally I'd probably opt for Moyes, there's just something about Pearson as a person I don't like.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've hardly been about the news this week but what are the chances of Gary Neville?
  10. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Looking at the current market on Betfair,it seems no-one has a clue who the next manager will be.

There are some right morons around - some mug backed Chris Coleman at 3.55 and 4.0 when he was freely available at 20/1 with Corals (he's now bounced out to 12.0), while someone else (or was it the same idiot?) stuck £55 on Steve Bruce at 5.0 when he was 10/1 with the bookies (now out to 10.5).
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well I hope they sort it out quickly so that I can collect my money- I've had Chris Coleman and Steve Bruce.

I've also backed them in a double
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:lol
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

16. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member