1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Next Chelsea Manager

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by beamer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. beamer

beamer Moderator

Experience tells me a few people with deep pockets manipulate these markets, so the fact that Rafa has attracted the "early" money is slightly surprising, as he was only 5/2 to start with.

Sky tend to let these gambles snowball with quotes like " Benitez down to 2/5 from 5/2", when he's available at evens +.

If you want to trade a price the higher the better.

Previous markets have shown 800k+ traded on the likes of Redknapp, O'Neill, Venables, etc, on plenty of these markets.

What is surprising is the betfair market is static. 22k traded at 10.00am rising to 29k at 11.00 . It's amazing all this serious money is on at the worst price available.

I really can't see Redlnapp or Benitez getting the job, but they look the best options trading wise, hoping for a price free fall.

Backed Harry at 12/1 and traded back at 5.6.

Only averaged just over 2/1 on Rafa, so I'm going to wait and hope he hits 1.6 ish before getting rid. I might have to tweet he's on a flight over to get the market moving.

I'm sure a few other no hoper's will attract money this afternoon.

Betfair rules are the position is classed as permanent after 10 games.
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

"John Terry has parted company this morning with manager Roberto Di Matteo. The team's recent performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and John in one of their regular post training meetings felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction and to keep pressure up on referees as we head into a vitally important part of the season."
    Punter likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

I cant see Benitez getting the job either, i wont rule out Redknapp just yet though . Guardiola's had his little break now, i think he's the man that Abramovich wants there.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Has to be Guardiola surely, Can't see Chelsea getting rid of DI Matteo so soon for any other reason.
  5. beamer

beamer Moderator

I got out far earlier than expected @ 1.52. As usual panic mentality starting to kick in with someone taking £50 @ 1.4, when he's trading between 1.9 and 2.0.

83K total still only traded so still quiet really.

He may well get the job Punt, but his price is crazy. He could travel over and turn the job down.

I had him down for the QPR job to be honest. Money to spend and really could only take the team in one direction. I'm baffled he's not in work but I do think he's being selective.
  6. beamer

beamer Moderator

Apparently Guardiola won't discuss a new job until January, but he's also on record as saying he wants a job in London, which narrows his options down.
  7. beamer

beamer Moderator

OK, own up, who the feck's had £3.50 on Martin O'Neill.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

9. slick

slick Administrator

January's only 6 or so weeks or so away, I reckon an extra mil or two might persuade Guardiola to think about it.
  10. beamer

beamer Moderator

Possibly, but the January date was to sort out his position for a summer start.

He's taken a sabbatical of one year, moving wife and kids to the States. If that commitment remains the same the most likely option would be a caretaker in place until the summer ( Avram Grant) , for Pep to take over. With the owners history though, he could easily appoint a manager and sack him by the end of the season and appoint PG.

Most bookies will pay out on a caretaker anyway now.

I think the decision has already been made, but I would have thought keeping DiMatteo short term would have been better than a caretaker, which makes me think it was the dropping of Torres that has sparked things off.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Rafa down to 1/7 with Ladbrokes
  12. beamer

beamer Moderator

Betting suspended. Got job until end of season apparently.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

What the hell can he do in half a season? Waste of time for all concerned. He won't have a big budget to spend in January and he's inherited somebody else's players which is all the excuses he needs not to deliver.
  14. beamer

beamer Moderator

Di Matteo was in a similar position so when he took over, even though he was at the club.

I suppose it will put him back in the shop window come the summer and get a decent wage for the trouble. Although they won't be his players, I can still see some players coming in.

They are desperate for an extra striker. Drogba has requested an early release for a loan which Fifa are considering.
  15. beamer

beamer Moderator

The desperate 30K of 1.01 backers must be a little nervous, as they have to wait 10 league games for getting paid out. The fact he's now 1.12, show's how much faith poeple have in Roman keeping a manager in place by Jan 20th.

I'm guessing a few people were expecting an instant payout.
  16. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Probably backed higher and decided to book the profit beamer, doubt its 1.0x backers taking a loss
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

I layed him early this morning thinking he would be a typical new-manager-market early fav which goes odds-on before shooting right out - only to see his odds shorten, and shorten, and shorten, and then shorten some more. Once he'd gone 1.01 I wrote my dosh off, only to read this and see he's not 100% got it yet. Probably still will but funnier things have happened :crossfingers
  18. beamer

beamer Moderator

I can see plenty of people offering the 1.01 to lock in profit, but I can't see the cross matching taking up much of it.

I think the total betfair volume was around 198k when the result was known and now stands @ 905k, so roughly 700k was traded both sides after the appointment, between 1.25 & 1.01.

I think a few have been stung attempting to buy money, probably the tosser who stands on the finishing line at Wolverhampton.

It was only by chance I checked the T&C's of the bet and then found out some of the bookies have differing terms and some don't even know them.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

Looks like some Betfair high rollers will be sitting rather uncomfortable in their seats as the odds for Benitez to be permanent manager continue to drift...

[​IMG]

I hope he gets the boot soon as I layed the fucker at 2.6 early doors :ohwell
  20. beamer

beamer Moderator

Looks settled ( nearly).

Total matched on this event: £2,769,305
    Betting summary - Volume: £2,699,979
    Last price matched: 1.01

[​IMG]