1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Next Manager Markets

Discussion in 'Betting Talk' started by Punter, May 21, 2013.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, Real Madrid would be nice, I've got him @16/1. Agree that PSG hold the key, Ancelotti fav, Rafa 2nd fav for me.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I should have said 'and not get kicked out for financial reasons' RC , hence the reason I mentioned it.

Do you really think Madrid would go for Benitez RC? I'm asking because you're more in the know about Spanish football than I am. I would expect them to go for somebody more dynamic but that's not to say Benitez wouldn't do a good job there because after his short term with Chelsea and picking up the Europa cup he's probably got the best CV in Europe right now amongst the unemployed managers, or even employed managers come to think of it.
    It's amazing what 6 months can do, this time last yr Benitez wouldn't have even got on the Madrid short list.

The biggest fool next yr could be Abramovich, he had the ball's to take him on and Benitez turned them round but he doesn't have the balls to keep him.

I'd love to see Benitez at Madrid and somewhere along the line take on Chelsea in the CL, I know who'd my money would be on.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Harry Rednap 3/1 fave with corals for the Everton job - Meanwhile, in the real world he's 11/1 behind Martinez on betfair.

Craziest market ever. I haven't read up this thread but I hope Seen has made some money laying the flip flopping favs
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Even if Malaga don't get thrown out of European competition, it doesn't change the fact they've got problems, seem to have been used as a rich man's plaything, and that rich man's got bored. Splashed the cash for a while, now selling players off again (Cazorla, Monreal), and likely to sell more (Isco, Toulalan). Tricky job facing whoever takes over there, I'd say.

Don't think Benitez would be Madrid's first choice, but as you say, he's the best around that's unattached. Wouldn't rule out them looking to get him in for a year if they have to wait for Ancelotti, although whether Benitez would go for that I don't know.
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

Only playing around with lots of small stakes really, but do it often enough and you can build up some nice free bets. Best time is definitely between 11pm and midnight when pissed-up peeps roll in from the pub, probably having been talking with their mates about who's going to get the job, come in and just take what's there instead of asking for a bigger price.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been shortening all day and someone is currently determined to get £600 matched at 7.4. In the morning he could be 4.0 or 14.0. Mental.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I know they have problems RC due to the points you mention, I was glossing over it because we are talking about the next manager markets so I didn't want to babble on about politics. I've been studying Pellegrini all week and know the ins and outs of Malaga so plse stop trying to make me look a fool:cry

Tell you you the truth I hadn't even considered Benitez for the Madrid job but my little antlers stood up when you mentioned it because It would make a lot od sense.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Guillem know's more about Rafa than what Rafa does. Currently 16/1 for PSG or 12/1 for R.Madrid
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Rafa 3/1 for PSG now.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Skybet seem to be the only bookie giving odds for the PSG manager. I've got two running with them, Rafa and Pelligrini, both @ 16/1
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

12. winrew

winrew GILF

Reports saying Martinez has left Wigan ..
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Aye he's gone Whelan has confirmed it, looks like the Everton job is wrapped up then.
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'm amazed that the Everton fans will accept a manager who defensively has done nothing for Wigan for years. Amazed
    Punter likes this.
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

I wouldn't take too short odds that it's done and dusted, I've seen too many shorties beat in these markets for that.

I think he went as short as 1.17 but has bounced out to 1.32 at the moment.
    Punter likes this.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

I tend to agree with you there Swoops, I can see Everton becoming another Wigan as both clubs are run in a similar way but I still think with financial backing he can become a top manager and he's not going to get that at Everton.

For him to leave Wigan he's got another job in his pocket already, all the sound bites are pointing to Everton but like Seen mentions at such short odds it's hardly worth taking a risk.
    Punter likes this.
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

Out to 1.46 now so certainly not cut and dried yet.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Reportedly there's a shortlist of 3, although the Betfair market suggests it's 4...

1.61 Martinez
    13.0 Lennon
    13.0 Rangnick
    13.0 Pereira
    50.0 bar
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

It does look like it's going to be Martinez but I cant get away from the fact that their last two managers have been Scottish.

If they want to continue down that route then what about their youth team coach, big Dunc as an outsider? He was voted 3rd best option to replace Moyes in a fans poll in the Liverpool Echo just 3 weeks ago. He's currently around 400 on Betfair. If Kenwright does decide to interview more people then he might be one to consider as a possible back and lay. I don't think he'd get it but if his name is mentioned then he would be popular with a few. Howard Kendall also bigged him up for the job..
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22525518
  20. slick

slick Administrator

The fans would no doubt love Big Dunc but Kenwright has more sense than that surely?

1.61 now looks a decent price for Martinez, he's not left a cushy job where he was loved to bit's for nothing.