1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

NO RACING TODAY

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Topdog, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

..In Britain due to Equine Influenza cases
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Mmm, hopefully they will do more testing and discover that it’s just in the one yard but even so you would have to think racing will be off for a couple of weeks and the bookies will be shitting themselves if it creeps towards cheltenham time.
    Topdog likes this.
  3. winrew

winrew GILF

Wednesday 13th at the earliest unfortunately.
    Topdog likes this.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm going to save a fortune.
    Topdog likes this.
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Irish racing is still on though :dance
    Topdog and slick like this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bad news. Four more positive equine influenza tests at Simon Chrisford's yard.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good news it’s all in the same yard but bad news that it’s Newmarket as i think if it had been a small yard in yorkshire racing may have gone ahead with a few yards banned but now there can’t be any chance of racing in Wednesday surely.

I’ve quite enjoyed the break in a way. Given me time to bring my records up to date in preparation for the new flat season.

This is going to be my biggest spring/summer ever. Im going in heavy with the staking after many years of profit. Excited but a little bit apprehensive. what was it they used to say, something about past success being no guarantee of future success
    Topdog likes this.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Announcement expected at 1030 tonight about racing for Wednesday but this announcement makes the BHA look like a right bunch of twats either way

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/british-horses-free-to-run-in-ireland/158437

The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board has announced horses from Britain "will be permitted to race in Ireland with immediate effect", despite the ongoing shutdown of racing in Britain during the equine flu outbreak.

The ban on British-trained horses running in Ireland during the outbreak of equine influenza has been lifted with immediate effect, the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board has confirmed.

The sport was rocked last Wednesday after it emerged three horses - which subsequently rose to six - were found to have the highly-infectious disease at Donald McCain's stable in Cheshire.

The ruling body quickly enforced a six-day shutdown of racing in Britain, but the IHRB confirmed racing would continue in Ireland - with all runners from Britain not permitted to race until further notice.

However, with the British Horseracing Authority due to decide late on Monday evening whether racing can resume in Britain on Wednesday, the IHRB said in a statement: "Following on from the update issued on Friday, 9th February 2019, the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board (IHRB) today announced that runners from Great Britain will be permitted to race in Ireland with immediate effect provided that the horses comply with the IHRB requirements."
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator