1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower Championship 20-21st Aug 2011

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Aug 18, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

2. Punter

Punter Moderator

One that's caught my eye early as a possible over price in the Championship is Cardiff away @ Burnley. The Bluebirds had started well until a home loss to Brighton, midweek. They had won at West Ham on the opening day of the season and beat Bristol City at home the following week.
    Burnley havent started so well with just 1pt picked up from games against Palace and Watford. They have a good young manager but for me the loss of Chris Eagles to Bolton looks damaging.
    Cardiff look decent upfront and although this looks to be a dificult away trip, 15/8 at Paddy P's for the away looks a touch generous for me so i've chanced them.

I'm pondering over Middlesborough too, but no bet as yet.
  3. fc basher

fc basher Member

I heard Derby put in a solid defencive performances against Blackpool and there 3 pronged attack,and have backed em already.
    Hull,a fair side,but imho look pretty average upfront,Fryatt started to fall out of Favour towards the end at Leicester,Adebola is a journeyman striker,Jay Simpson started few games but appered mainly as sub last season.C.Palace have started well with their mixture of youth and experience side,they should go to Hull with enough confidence in them to think they can get a result or at least a draw.I havent seen Palace play or else I might have been more confidendent in the single at 7/2,but Palace on the hcap looks a fair bet.Havent Leicester been poor in all their games thus far,this could change,but any that fancies Forest thats quite a good price against a team at the bottom.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Millwall & Leeds look worth a gander I reckon, simply looking too big @ first glance. Forest too
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm with you on Forest mate. The markets do some strange things based on the opening games of the season and this has never been better demonstrated than with Leicester City this season. After game one, they were nailed on for promotion, probably picking up the title on the way - to hear people talk.

At the other end of the scale, Forest didn't have ONE SINGLE SHOT ON TARGET in their first two games, but went on to win game three at a nice enough price of 13/10 (Boylesports).

There is only one real East Midlands derby, and this isn't it. Leicester are rocking and Forest are at home. Their price is 8/5 (bluesquare) and drifting elsewhere and it's a price that I'll be taking advantage of with a 20pt win.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

By exactly the same logic, I'll be laying Derby v Doncaster to win 25pts or lose 22.3
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Can't chose between Peterborough and Ipswich but being the true pro punter that I am, I'll have to have a bet on it cos it's on Telly :)

Peterborough's home advantage may see them scrape a home win but I'm on for the draw 10pts to win 25.25 on betfair
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

The one I'm sweet about this weekend is Pompey. I think they have started ok and although Bristol City had a good result midweek I think this game is pretty much 50/50 so odds about 2/1 in my eyes represent a bit of value. I may look at the asian to see what they markets offer but i've thrown Portsmout into my perms at 19/10

I also have done Derby. They may be sitting in a false position after their great start but I reckon they are better than Doncaster and momentum is with them.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

...and I know I'm not going to be the only one suckered into backing West Ham against Leeds on Sunday 25 pts at 3/4 with William Hill.

Despite them scoring goals, I'm not convinced by Leeds and I still see them ending up closer to the bottom of the table than the top come the end of the season. Having conceded six goals in three games and away to a quasi-premiership team, you can see why the over 2.5 goal price is odds on but I'll give it a go at 8/11 for 20 points.

Incidentally, the price is the same for both teams to score if you fancy that instead.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I was tempted into looking at Pompey too mate. From what I've seen of them, they're going to be top half this season. Coming from behind twice on the opening day showed decent character but I was more impressed by them beating Reading who are no mugs themselves. I confess I was swayed by Bristol's midweek result and I shouldn't have been. You're right, 2/1 has to be value and I'm going with it for 10 points.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

lol - lets keep slapping each others backs here.

I originall y had West Ham on the coupon but took them off due to Leeds win but after reading your posts I've backed them in a single as I was looking too deep into Leeds's last win.

8/11 for me
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

fancy Forest, but, sorry, still have an inkling for Leeds :cool:
  13. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

Bit early for a Championship bet, I'll get into it more after my hols (cyprus 2 weeks)First glance I like Brighton if I can get evens or better
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Everybody is doing evens or over Keem. Best price Bluesq 23/20 at the mo'