1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower Championship Betting 10-11th Sep

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Sep 7, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Npower Championship Betting & Tips 10-11th Sep
    Saturday 10th September 2011
    15:00 Barnsley 13/5 Draw 5/2 Leicester evens
    15:00 Blackpool 4/5 Draw 13/5 Ipswich 100/30
    15:00 Bristol City 21/10 Draw 12/5 Brighton 5/4
    15:00 Burnley 6/4 Draw 12/5 Middlesbro' 17/10
    15:00 Cardiff 4/7 Draw 11/4 Doncaster 5/1
    15:00 Leeds 4/5 Draw 13/5 Crystal Palace 100/30
    15:00 Peterborough 6/5 Draw 12/5 Hull 11/5
    15:00 Reading 8/11 Draw 13/5 Watford 4/1
    15:00 Southampton 5/6 Draw 5/2 Nottm. Forest 100/30
    15:00 West Ham 8/13 Draw 11/4 Portsmouth 9/2
    17:20 Coventry 11/8 Draw 12/5 Derby 15/8

Sunday 11th September 2011
    12:30 Birmingham 5/4 Draw 12/5 Millwall 2/1

Odds Skybet
  2. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

Hard not to be attracted to Southampton. I was actually very surprised by how impressive they were against Leeds (only match I've seen them). It was so... professional and.... incredibly hard to play against. They press, they push, they tackle, they pass, they move, they run, they jump. I immediately scribbled them down as promotion contenders and a side I didn't see losing very often at home.

Meanwhile.... Forest are... well what are they? Looking very mid-table-ish so far. And of course we had rumours of McClaren wanting out already having come face to face with the now infamous, "transfer acquisitions committee" :lol

I think Middelsbrough could be worth a wee gamble too. Good form, decent squad; I think they'll be in the mix come the end of the season. Burnley have their moments but I'm not sure that's good enough.

I quite fancy Leeds to get going too. And maybe Leicester worth looking at. I shall return.
  3. fc basher

fc basher Member

I was quite impressed by Middlesboro start,but that slip up at home against Coventry (who probably deserved their draw) im cool on them now.
  4. MickeyPaul

I forgot they drew that one, bash. Don't they have a habit of being rather unrealiable at home?
  5. MickeyPaul

I was pretty impressed by Leicester beating Southampton - are they about to go on a wee run perhaps? Obviously evens for a side away in the Championship is normally pretty horrifying but I'm hoping there's better out there. Barnsley beaten 1-3 at home by Middlesbrough.. a decent looking win at, so far, unimpressive Reading (two missed penalties by Reading I believe) and dominated at Millwall in a 0-0 draw... bah. Definitely need better than evens for Leicester personally.
  6. fc basher

fc basher Member

Last season there results seem to suggest that.I cant comment further on Middlesboro because I havent seen them play.
  7. MickeyPaul

I've only seen bits so far. I don't trust them so much at home. Throwing away the lead in injury time at home in the first game... then Coventry. I do have some faith in the spine of their side though - at this level. McManus in the centre of defence has played enough for Scotland - backs to the wall stuff... and Barry Robson is a player I really like. I think he also thrives on the away games, having to scrap. I'm puttiing them on my wee tiny little shortlist anyway.
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

the way forest have been playing it HAS to be saints -1...with a saver on 2-1(and a tiny one on 3-2).
    1-0 it is then...
  9. Miss Marple

Miss Marple New Member

I have found, over the years, that when something is perfectly acceptable and functions to the level that one would expect, it is nearly always a mistake to seek to improve upon it. Poor Rose - the verger’s daughter here in St Mary Mead - was a case in point. Such an attractive girl - but naturally so – without any need for embellishment or finery. That was, at least, until she met Marcus, her future husband and such a brash and unnecessary young man. He insisted that she wear the finest clothes, the most expensive jewellery, and that she be seen in all the fashionable establishments until, of course, there was nothing left of plain, pretty little Rose at all.

So it is with Ipswich Town – a small, but not unattractive football club with a strong tradition of modest achievement and pretty passing moves. The club had meandered along quite contentedly under the guidance of the Cobbold family and latterly the Sheepshanks dynasty, but sadly it too caught the eye of a man named Marcus, with ideas above his station and a vulgar way with his money. After a brief dalliance involving an Irish jig and a flirtation with lower league football, this Marcus bought his sweetheart a Jewell of its own as well. Alas, once again the folly of adorning such a natural beauty with such an insubstantial trinket is obvious to everyone except the man who professes to love his acquisition so dearly.

As for the Jewell itself - well one doesn’t like to speak ill of anyone of course - but the lack of a solid foundation can only be tolerated for so long when the sparkly, inventive football of the past is but a distant memory. That being the case, the only logical conclusion is that the 17/20 being offered by the ever-generous Mr Hill for a Blackpool victory this weekend simply has to be accepted.
    MickeyPaul and keemanan like this.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol I love it Miss Marple. Can I officially be your first fan?

Welcome to Betnod - Glad the internet has finally reached St Mary Mead. Hope you're going to stay around.
  11. MickeyPaul

I concur. Someone reverse that outrageous decision by Herr Winrew.
  12. fc basher

fc basher Member

Looking out this League,you could have a field day with over 2.5 goals,just under 51% this lesgue is showing so far,Leeds and Peterborough and Ipswich are showing percentages as high as 80%,making them value bets,if the trends are going to continue.
  13. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

I have three value beys from the championship:

Barnsley v Leicester
    Barnsley are a value back at prices over 3.95, best price 4.0

Bristol City v Brighton
    Bristol City are a value back at prices over 2.98, best price 3.1

Coventry v Derby
    Coventry are a value back at prices over 2.22, best price 2.5​
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I agree with the Coventry shout Pete. Derby have punched above their weight for the start of the season but their last match against Burnley, along with a pathetic cup display should prove to even the most dim of football punters that they are in a false position. They'd be happy with 6th place at the end of the season and that is probably the most they can hope for.

It's fair to say that Coventry haven't pulled up any trees so far either but I think 6/4 is a decent price for them to nick this one by the odd goal. 40pt win.

Nothing else that excites me this week. I will be betting on west ham and Leeds but the prices are pretty poor. Maybe a 40 pt double at 5/6 and 4/6 with Coral.

I've also backed Forest but, as keema has pointed out, that's just because I hate them.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

By the way, despite what the league table says, Forest will be even money favourites when they meet next Saturday if things go the way I expect them to today.
  16. MickeyPaul

Well I've backed both Southampton and Leicester today. :lol Southampton is based purely on what I saw against Leeds which is probably a bit naive of me (again) but I loved the way they went about their business darn it. You sure McClaren has what it takes for this tough, tight, league, ODers? I know it was just rumours and all but... is he even convinced his players have what it takes?
  17. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Lost half a point here but oh well
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

19. MickeyPaul

Ahhh. I agree then. Are there any betting forums you don't post on you sah-lut!?
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yes, one called Betcult. It's shit